royl
帖子: 1768
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 404

帖子 royl » 周一 10月 22, 2012 7:24 pm

二十笔实用成语 404

01. for my taste
定义: 对我喜好来说.
例句: Her novels are too mellow for my taste. (她的小说对我来说像温吞水一样地太平淡)

02. for no (good) reason (at all)
定义: 无缘无故地, 好没来由地, 毫无理由地.
例句: In most states, an at-will employee can be fired for little or no reason unless you have an employment contract with your employer. (在大多数州, 除非你有跟雇主签订的雇佣契约, 无雇佣合同员工可以不需要充足理由或无缘无故地被辞退)

03. for no obvious reason
定义: 无缘无故地, 不分青红皂白地.
例句: Lately, I have been throwing up for no obvious reason and I get a knot in my stomach every time I think about going back to work. (最近, 我无缘无故呕吐, 每次我想到回去工作的时候, 我的胃就绞痛)

04. for nothing
定义: 免费地; 付诸东流, 一事无成地; 不分青红皂白地.
例句: His mom worked hard to raise him right, but now that he was just an empty soul, all her hard work was for nothing. (他母亲花费了不少苦心把他抚养上正途, 但现在他只是个游魂, 她的一切努力皆付诸东流)

05. for now
定义: 暂时, 目前, 眼下, 一时之间.
例句: Well, that's enough for now, but we may need some more later. (好了, 目前是足够了, 但我们以后也许还需要一些)

06. for once
定义: 就这一次, 头一遭, 终于有一次.
例句: For once he listened to what I said. Usually he ignores me. (这次他终于听我的话了. 他平时理都不理我)

07. for one
定义: 其中之一; 以...举个例, 以...来说.
例句: Nothing has been proven yet, and I for one believe that he is innocent. (虽然没有任何证据, 以我来说, 我相信他是无辜的)

08. for one thing
定义: 其中之一原因, 一则是因为/为了...
例句: It is not possible to use the old building. For one thing it will not pass the fire regulations. (使用这栋老旧楼房是不可能的. 一则是因为它不会通过防火安全检查)

09. for one's (own) sake
定义: 为了自己的利益, 安全或福祉; 为了一个目的或动机.
例句: For his own sake, I hope he keeps eating lean meat and salad until he drops some weight. (为了他自己的健康, 我希望他继续吃瘦肉和生菜沙拉直到减轻一些体重为止)

10. for one's benefit
定义: 为了对...有所助益, 为了...的福祉或好处.
例句: I'm doing it for your benefit, you may not see it this way now, but I can assure you that you will in the future. (我做这件事是为你好, 你现在也许不认为如此,但我跟你保证, 你以后会赞同我的作为)

11. for one's money
定义: 依照自己的意见, 选择或喜好.
例句: For my money, to repair this old PC is not worth the trouble. (依我的看法, 修理这台旧电脑是自找麻烦)

12. for one's own good
定义: 为自己的好处, 福祉.
例句: We told her she needs to take things more seriously and it's for her own good. (我们告诉她要以更严谨的态度来对待事情, 这是为她好)

13. for one's pains
定义: 感谢别人的努力或经历的麻烦, 弥补别人的麻烦所赠的谢礼或酬金.
例句: He thought he'd be a hero but all he got for his pains was being an object of ridicule. (他原以为他会成为一个人们崇拜的英雄但付出了努力之后他所得到的却是成为别人耻笑的对象)

14. for one's part
定义: 依个人的意见, 至于个人, 就个人来说.
例句: You can go out with them if you like, but for my part I prefer staying at home. (你如果想的话, 你可以跟他们一起出去, 但至于我, 我宁愿留在家里)

15. for one's sins
定义: [英国幽默语]遭报应, 自作自受.
例句: I was assigned to organize the office Christmas party this year for my sins. (我自作自受, 被指派筹组今年公司的圣诞节聚会)

16. for openers
定义: 首先, 第一个, 作为一个开始.
例句: For openers, let's discuss the budget for the next quarter. (首先, 我们要讨论下一季的预算)

17. for others
定义: 对别人, 对别人来说.
例句: Sadly, with all the things you have done for others, you get little reciprocation when you need help. (不幸地, 你帮别人这么多的忙, 当你需要援助的时候, 你所得到的是少之又少的回报)

18. for Pete's/pity's sake!
定义: [惊叹语]惊讶, 不耐, 愤怒或其他情绪的惊叹语.
例句: How much money do you need for Pete's sake? How much is enough? (唉呀, 你还需要多少钱? 要多少钱你才满足?)

19. for political gain
定义: 为了政治利益/获利.
例句: The President through the white house denies he did this for political gain even though previously he claim he didn't even have the power to do it. (经由白宫, 总统否认他做这件事是为了政治利益, 尽管先前他宣称他根本无权做此事)

20. for quite some time
定义: 有一段好长时间, 好一阵子.
例句: I haven't seen you for quite some time. (我好一阵子没见到你)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 258 访客