royl
帖子: 1769
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 434

帖子 royl » 周二 12月 25, 2012 2:26 pm

二十笔实用成语 434

01. get down to business/cases/work, to
定义: 严肃地谈论主要的细节; 直言无隐地谈及问题核心.
例句: They both knew they did not have much time, so they got down to business and began to discuss the issues that needed to be settled. (当时他们两人都知道时间紧促, 因此他们单刀直入直接谈及问题核心, 立即讨论需要解决的问题)

02. get down to the nitty-gritty, to
定义: 严肃地谈论主要的细节; 直言无隐地谈及问题核心.
例句: Let's get down to the nitty-gritty and find out what happened. (我们来好好地谈谈问题核心, 找出它发生的原因)

03. get down to, to
定义: 严肃地/聚精会神地工作, 处理或应对; 开始, 进入.
例句: Let's get down to work so we can go home early. (我们开始工作吧, 这样我们可以早点回家)

04. get down with ..., to
定义: 与...交往; 加入, 融入; 与...发生性关系.
例句: He's not the first to bend the truth in order to get down with the kids. (他不是第一个为了融入这群小朋友而稍加扭曲真相的人. 注: 这里的成语bend the truth可以当成"说white lie," 也就是说善意的谎言)

05. get down, to
定义: 下降; 给予某人的注意; 疲劳, 沮丧, 压抑; 吞下; 描写; 放纵, 痛快的享受.
例句: The weather was really getting my wife down. (这个恶劣天气真让我太太抑郁沮丧)

06. get dragged into, to
定义: 被拖入, 被强迫涉入某事, 被连累/牵连/拖累/卷入.
例句: I can't believe I got dragged into this hellish situation. (我真不相信我居然被卷入这样痛苦不堪的处境)

07. get embroiled in, to
定义: 被卷入(冲突或困难).
例句: To cut a long story short, I got embroiled in a rather embarrassing situation. I was seeing this guy and due to some miscommunication, we ended up just being friends. (长话短说, 我被卷入一个相当窘迫的情况. 我跟这个男人交往, 由于沟通不良, 我们最终成为普通朋友)

08. get even with ..., to
定义: 向...报复, 报仇.
例句: He seems to want to get even with Tom for their past feuds. (由于他们过去的恩怨, 他似乎想要报复汤姆)

09. get even, to
定义: 报复, 报仇.
例句: Vinnie is a spiteful kind of guy. Who knows what he might think up to get even. (文尼是一个那种刻毒的人. 天晓得他会不会想出一条计谋来报仇)

10. get excited about it, to
定义: 对于...高兴, 喜欢, 兴奋或冲动.
例句: I'm fairly neutral about Brussels sprouts. I think they're fine, but I don't get excited about it. (我既不喜爱也不厌恶抱子甘蓝. 我认为它们还不错, 但我并不爱吃它们)
图片
抱子甘蓝

11. get fingered, to
定义: 被指认/告发/揭发, 被责怪.
例句: He got fingered for taking the money because he had the key. (他被指认为偷钱的人因为他当时手上有钥匙)

12. get flamed, to
定义: [网路术语]受到侮辱性的批评或痛骂.
例句: He got flamed for expressing a controversial political opinion on the forum. (由于在这个论坛发表一个有争议的政治观点, 他被人辱骂)

13. get fresh, to
定义: 轻薄/性挑逗.
例句: When he's had a few drinks, he tries to get fresh with me. (他喝了一些酒之后意图对我轻薄)

14. get full marks for effort, to
定义: [英国]尽了最大的努力; 没有功劳也有苦劳. (注: 意指主要是要推崇某人的不懈努力, 虽然他没有成功)
例句: On the plus side the maids and bellboys were excellent and the entertainment staff got full marks for effort. (从好的方面看, 女佣和行李员服务极佳, 负责娱乐的工作人员也尽了最大的努力)
图片
旅馆的行李员

15. get going, to
定义: 离开, 要走; 开工, 让活动进入高峰; 引发别人滔滔不绝说话; 敦促别人快一点.
例句: When I stopped to rest, he said, " Let's get going. We've got more work to do." (当我停下来稍事休息的时候, 他说, "我们开工吧. 我们还有更多工作要做.")

16. get gray hair from ..., to
定义: 由...带来烦恼, 担心或操心. (注: gray hair是白发)
例句: He's a mellow kid and a very conscientious driver, so I'm not going to get gray hair from his driving alone. (他是一个脾气温和的小孩也是一个小心谨慎的驾驶人, 所以我不会担心他一个人独自驾车. 注: 这里的mellow kid是指这个小孩不会好勇斗狠, 危险驾驶)

17. get hammered, to
定义: 被击败; 喝醉; 被不停打击.
例句: Shares of VeriSign got hammered today, down by 20% at the low, after the company reported adjusted third quarter earnings. (于这家公司报告了调整后的第三季盈收之后, 今天威瑞信的股价受到严重打击, 最低时跌了百分之二十)

18. get hell, to
定义: 被痛斥, 引起别人愤怒.
例句: Did you get hell for coming in late? Was your mom mad? (你迟到有没有被斥责? 你妈妈生气了吗?)

19. get high, to
定义: 表现出兴奋, 高兴, 热忱.
例句: Don't get high, don't piss anyone off, and try to smile every once in a while. (别太兴奋, 别惹人生气, 尽量地笑口常开)

20. get hitched, to
定义: 结婚.
例句: What a sweet sigh of relief—my sister got hitched! And I couldn't be happier! (真让人满意地松了一口气—我妹妹结婚了! 我高兴得不得了!)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 349 访客