回复
royl
帖子: 1769
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 439

帖子 royl » 周三 1月 30, 2013 8:25 am

二十笔实用成语 439

01. get off on an insanity plea, to
定义: [法律术语]以精神错乱为辩护理由被法庭判决无罪. (注: 请参考insanity plea)
例句: The gunman got off on an insanity plea and was released after serving only 21 months. (这名持枪歹徒以精神错乱为辩护理由被法庭判决无罪, 仅服刑二十一个月之后被释放)

02. get off on something, to
定义: 对有...瘾头, 对某事兴致勃勃, 享受极大的乐趣.
例句: He's not paid or anything, he likes it. He gets off on it. (他没有任何的薪酬, 他喜爱这个工作. 他从它取得极大乐趣)

03. get off on the right foot, to
定义: 有个好的开始; 一开始就建立好的关系.
例句: This time, I want to get off on the right foot by making nice with her. (这一次, 我要以礼待她一开始就建立良好的关系)

04. get off on the wrong foot, to
定义: 有个坏的开始; 一开始就把关系弄糟.
例句: I got off on the wrong foot with him and our relationship never really recovered. (我一开始就跟他弄得不愉快, 我们之间的关系再也没有真正地转好)

05. get off one's ass/butt/duff/rear/tail, to
定义: 别再闲混, 该去忙碌工作去了.
例句: It's time you got off your butt and started to work. (你也别再闲混, 该开始工作)

06. get off one's high horse, to
定义: 停止傲慢的态度, 放下高高在上的身段/架子.
例句: Why don't you get off your high horse and listen to me? (你为什么不放下你高高在上的身段, 好好地听我说?)

07. get off one's perch, to
定义: 停止傲慢的态度, 放下高高在上的身段/架子.
例句: He never got off his perch long enough to consider how insulting his words were to many immigrants. (他从来不好好地停止傲慢的态度想一想他所说的话对许多移民是多么地羞辱)

08. get off one's soapbox, to
定义: 别再说教; 别再高谈阔论.
例句: When Todd made a presentation on corporate charity, one of his co-workers said, "Get off your soap box, Todd!" (当托德做企业慈善活动的简报时候, 他一个同事说, "别再说教啦, 托德!")

09. get off scot-free, to
定义: (做了坏事的人)责任逃得一干二净, 逍遥法外, 幸免处罚.
例句: The rapist who drove a woman to suicide is going to get off scot-free due to immunity granted from prosecution. (这名迫使一名女子自杀的强奸犯由于检方同意不予起诉才得以逍遥法外)

10. get off someone's back/case, to
定义: 别找某人麻烦; 停止骚扰, 烦扰, 挑剔或批评某人; 让人家清静一下.
例句: Get off my case, man! I didn't take your car keys. (别找我麻烦, 伙计! 我没拿你的车钥匙)

11. get off the dime, to
定义: 采取行动, 当机立断. (注: 尤其见到某人在犹豫不决或延误时机)
例句: Why don't you get off the dime and complete some of these projects that you started? (你为什么不采取行动把一些你起了头的工作项目做完?)

12. get off the ground, to
定义: 成功地起步.
例句: His new business never really got off the ground so he must look for another job. (他的新生意没有成功地起步所以他不得不另谋一份工作)

13. get off the hook, to
定义: 脱困, 解围; 逃掉责备或责任.
例句: They had m​​e dead to rights and she got me off the hook. She got my felony dropped to a misdemeanor and all fees waived. (我因犯罪确凿被他们逮捕而她则帮我脱困. 她把我的重罪减低为轻罪并免付所有费用. 注: 为了让读者更了解本句话, 这里的她是一位公设辩护律师)

14. get off the track, to
定义: 言论离题, 思路不顺或颠倒事件的顺序.
例句: Don't get off the track, we're looking at this year's figures not last year's. (别离题, 我们讨论的是今年的数据不是去年的)

15. get off to a bad start, to
定义: 坏的开始, 一开始就不顺利, 一开始就不融洽, 没有缘份.
例句: The class got off to a bad start because the teacher was sick. (由于老师生病, 这门课一开始就不顺利)

16. get off to a good start, to
定义: 有个好的开始; 一开始就建立好的关系.
例句: I want to get off to a good start and be conscious of pacing myself. I have been running short distances and building my stamina for longer runs twice a week. (我想要一个好的开始并注意自己的速度控制.我一直每周做两次短距离跑步来累积我长跑的持久力)

17. get off to a slow start, to
定义: 刚起步并不顺利或不成功(但有可能终于成绩斐然).
例句: I was proud of our kids that we got off to a slow start but they kept coming back, hung in there in the second half and fought a good battle. (我对于我们的小朋友感到骄傲因为我们一开始并不顺利但他们越战越勇, 下半场坚持不懈并全力以赴地战到最后)

18. get off with someone, to
定义: 与某人发生性关系, 有染.
例句: At last, she found out he'd gotten off with another woman. (终于她发现了他跟另一个女人有染)

19. get off, to
定义: 逃避严重的后果或处分; 下车, 下马; 逃逸, 离去; 被允许离去或下班; 吸毒后的兴奋; 得到性高潮; 被释放或减刑; 说, 写, 送交讯息; 成功地从事, 制造, 送交.
例句: We decided to get off the train at the station next to our regular station. (我们决定在我们平常抵达的火车站的下一站下车)

20. get on board, to
定义: 搭上交通工具例如车, 飞机或船; 加入某个组织, 公司或团体.
例句: He started sucking up to the boss as soon as he got on board. (他从一进公司就开始拍老板的马屁)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 318 访客