回复
royl
帖子: 1769
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 441

帖子 royl » 周一 2月 18, 2013 10:58 pm

二十笔实用成语 441

01. get on, to
定义: 继续做下去; 交往或进行顺利; 取得了解; 出人头地; 开始着手; 批评, 挑剔, 找碴; 年龄增长; 接近; 激起兴奋或性欲.
例句: How is your daughter getting on at school? (你的女儿在学校有进步吗?)

02. get one down, to
定义: 让自己沮丧, 气馁或抑郁. (注: 经常用于否定语气劝人不要气馁)
例句: Hey, don't let a little failure get you down. (嘿, 别让一点小挫折让你气馁)

03. get one paw on the chicken coop, to
定义: 在做坏事时被人抓个正着.
例句: That guy was trying to cash a forged check at the bank and he already got one paw on the chicken coop. (那个家伙正试图在这家银行兑现一张伪造支票, 他被逮个正着)

04. get one's act together, to
定义: 将事务或生活安排得井然有序. (注: 多意指萎靡生活之后, 振作起来, 重新安排自己生活)
例句: When I have my act together, I'll get a job. (等我振作起来之后, 我会找一份工作)

05. get one's ashes hauled/get one's end away, to
定义: [俚语]发生性行为, 与人有染.
例句: So, the bloke got his end away, pissed off the wife, the mistress got pregnant… And now, years later, he finds out the kid is not his. (所以, 这名男人与人有染, 激怒了他的妻子, 他的情妇怀了孕… 到现在, 多年之后, 他发现这个孩子不是他的)

06. get one's blood up, to
定义: 暴怒, 被激怒, 激动.
例句: So I get my blood up, pull out my blade. I said: "Come on! I'll take any one of you mothers!" (因此我被激怒, 拔出我的剑. 我说: "来啊! 跟你们任何一个混帐东西拼我都不在乎!" 注: 这里的mothers不是母亲而是粗俗语motherfuckers的缩写)

07. get one's breath (back), to
定义: 喘口气, 回复正常呼吸.
例句: Eventually I managed to roll into the nettles under the hedge, where I stayed for a while gathering my wits, getting my breath back and waiting for everything to stop spinning. (我终于设法滚进树篱下的荆棘内, 在那里我逗留了一下定下心来, 喘口气以及等待晕眩停下来)

08. get one's cards, to
定义: [英国]被解雇, 被解职.
例句: He got his cards on his 50th birthday. ​​(他在他五十岁生日这一天被解雇)

09. get one's claws into, to
定义: 掌握, 控制, 支配.
例句: Once that bank gets its claws into you, it doesn't let go easily. (一旦那家银行控制住你, 它不会轻易地放过你)

10. get one's comeuppance, to
定义: 遭到报应.
例句: One of these days, he'll get his comeuppance for treating people so badly. (总有一天, 他会为了欺凌别人遭到报应)

11. get one's ducks in a row, to
定义: 准备就绪, 将事务安排妥当, 有组织有效率地做好准备.
例句: My life is pretty hectic right now. I need to get my ducks in a row. (我现在的生活非常忙乱. 我需要把事务妥善地安排好)

12. get one's ears pinned back, to
定义: 被斥责要行为检点, 被人教训一顿.
例句: The last time the Mayor went up against the people, he got his ears pinned back. (这个市长上一次做出违反民意事情的时候, 他被市民教训了一顿)

13. get one's eye on, to
定义: 关注或对某人, 事或物有兴趣; 想要多了解, 想要买.
例句: A Corvette? No. I've got my eye on a Ford Mustang. (一部科尔维特? 不. 我想要买的是福特的野马)
图片
福特野马跑车

14. get one's feet on the ground, to
定义: 实事求是, 脚踏实地, 讲求实际.
例句: The new manager has got his feet on the ground and will probably be able to come up with a sensible solution to our problems. (这位新来的经理很脚踏实地, 他很可能会想出解决我们问题的明智方案)

15. get one's feet wet, to
定义: 着手新工作; 初试身手; 取得新经验/新体验; 逐渐熟悉状况.
例句: We won't have time to finish this job today but at least we can get our feet wet. (我们今天没时间把这个工作做完但起码我们可以先熟悉状况)

16. get one's fill, to
定义: 满足了; 吃饱; 取得足够的东西.
例句: My main figure collection is comprised of aviation themed figures and to be honest, I've got my fill of German WWII pilots. (我主要的人物玩偶收藏是以飞航人物为主, 说实话, 我已经搜集足够了二战时期的德国飞行员)
图片
星际大战人物玩偶收藏

17. get one's foot in the door, to
定义: 向目标迈出第一步, 建立一个立足点.
例句: You should take any job in that company, just to get your foot in the door. Then you can work your way up to a better job. (为了建立一个立足点, 你应该接受那家公司的任何工作. 然后你可以从低层做起再升到更理想的工作)

18. get one's hackles up, to
定义: 被挑衅或羞辱所表现的极度愤怒.
例句: He'll make noise, get his hackles up, then go soft, give you the shirt off his back, and share his last crust of bread with you. (他会表达不满, 表现出极度愤怒, 随后态度软化,对你仁慈慷慨, 把他所有的东西拿出跟你分享)

19. get one's hands dirty, to
定义: 亲自动手做粗活, 实际地劳动工作; 做一些丢脸的或非法的事情.
例句: It's unusual to see a movie star out in the garden getting her hands dirty. (看到一个电影明星在花园里亲自动手做粗活是相当少见的)

20. get one's hands on, to
定义: 取得, 寻获, 落入手中(尤其有加害之意).
例句: I was so impressed with the new smart phone; I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. (我对这款新型智能手机爱不释手; 我迫不及待想要取得它)
图片
宏达电HTC One智能手机

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 366 访客