royl
帖子: 1769
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 450

帖子 royl » 周四 6月 06, 2013 3:23 am

二十笔实用成语 450

01. get the pip, to
定义: [英国]恼怒, 心情不痛快, 身体不舒服, 不满; 被...困扰.
例句: What's the matter, has he got the pip? (怎么了, 他是不是心情不痛快?)

02. get the point across, to
定义: 让人明白或说清楚你的观点/想法/意见.
例句: How can I get the point across to him who won't listen? (他连我的话都不想听, 我怎么还能把我的观点跟他说清楚呢?)

03. get the point, to
定义: 明白了, 听懂了(意思或讯息).
例句: OK, I've got the point, you can stop now! (好了, 我听懂了, 你可以停下来了! 注: 意指请对方不必再费唇舌解释了)

04. get the push, to
定义: [英国]被解雇, 被炒鱿鱼.
例句: He seemed to be spending less and less time in the office and I figured it wouldn't be too long before he got the push. (他似乎在办公室上班的时间越来越少, 我估计他没多久就会被炒鱿鱼)

05. get the rag on, be
定义: 月事/月经来了.
例句: Lana doesn't feel like going out tonight. She's got the rag on. (兰娜今晚不想出门. 她月事来了)

06. get the runaround, to
定义: 被人踢皮球, 得不到直接答覆, 被人找借口推拖, 推三阻四. (注: 尤指你的申请被人踢皮球)
例句: I'm trying to get a visa, but the embassy staff keep giving me the runaround. (我想要申请一份签证, 可是这些大使馆的职员一直跟我推三阻四)

07. get the sack, to
定义: 被解职, 炒鱿鱼, 开除或赶走.
例句: I told him that if he doesn't change his work habits he will get the sack from his job. (我警告他如果他不改变他工作习惯的话他将会被解雇)

08. get the shaft, to
定义: [俚语]受不公平待遇; 吃亏或被占便宜, 被人剥削.
例句: Tom got the shaft. He only got 3% commission on his sales. (汤姆被剥削了. 在他的销售上他只拿到百分之三的佣金)

09. get the shock of one's life, to
定义: 大吃一惊.
例句: I got the shock of my life, a diagnosis of cervical cancer. This was devastating, to say the least. (我被诊断出得了子宫颈癌让我大吃一惊. 这个诊断对我来说至少可以说是痛苦不堪)

10. get the short end of the stick, to
定义: 受不公平待遇; 吃亏或被占便宜, 被人剥削.
例句: The people who get the short end of the stick are those whose income is just too high to qualify for help from the government. (那些收入正好高于符合取得政府补助资格标准的人们正是受到不公平待遇的人们)

11. get the show on the road, to
定义: 开工, 开始严肃地工作.
例句: We've got less than 2 days to make our presentation ready for our next prospective buyer so let's get this show on the road. (我们只有两天不到的时间来准备好给下一个有希望成为买主的产品介绍, 好啦我们开工吧)

12. get the timing right, to
定义: 抓准/掌握住正确的时机或时间.
例句: As so often in life, it's one thing to be right on the general direction of things, but another altogether to get the timing right. (就像人生经常发生的一样, 准确测知情势大方向的走势是一回事, 但掌握住正确的时机却完全是另一码事)

13. get the upper hand, to
定义: 占据有利地位, 占优势, 占上风.
例句: The development of the nuclear bomb helped the United States get the upper hand in the Second World War. (核弹的发展帮助美国在第二次世界大战中占优势)

14. get the willies, to
定义: 令人毛骨悚然, 心惊肉跳.
例句: Do you get the willies when you see a spider or a mouse? Do you screech in horror and flee out of the room? (当你看到了蜘蛛或老鼠时你会心惊肉跳吗? 你会恐惧地尖叫并逃离这个房间吗?)

15. get the wind up, to
定义: 令人惧怕, 紧张, 不安.
例句: When they started questioning me, I got the wind up. (当他们开始讯问我的时候, 我紧张不安)

16. get the word out, to
定义: 放话出去, 把话或消息传出去, 广为宣传.
例句: The easiest way for us to get the word out is on the Internet. (对我们来说最容易把消息传出去的方法是在互联网广为宣传)

17. get the worst of it, to
定义: 惨败, 遭到空前重大损失或伤害.
例句: He got the worst of the deal when the salesman sold him the used car. (在这个推销员卖这部二手车给他的交易上他遭到重大损失)

编者注: 编者也有类似经验, 买了一部百病缠身的旧车(当时还真看不出来), 陆陆续续花钱修理但只收短效, 最后以废铁卖给废车场.

18. get the wrinkles out, to
定义: 改善, 修正, 排除瑕疵, 排除故障.
例句: When they get the wrinkles out of the electric car, I'll buy one. (如果他们把这款电动车的瑕疵排除掉的话, 我就会买一部)

19. get the wrong end of the stick, to
定义: 错估情势, 判断错误, 会错意, 误解状况.
例句: I said how handsome he was and Julie got the wrong end of the stick and thought I wanted to go out with him. (我说到他长得有多么英俊, 茱蒂会错意了, 她以为我要跟他约会)

20. get the wrong sow by the ear, to
定义: 找/认错人; 错估情势, 判断错误, 不了解状况.
例句: You've got the wrong sow by the ear if you think you're able to make me do what you want. (如果你以为你可以强迫我做你想要做的事, 你找错人了)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 355 访客