royl
帖子: 1769
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 454

帖子 royl » 周一 7月 08, 2013 11:59 pm

二十笔实用成语 454

01. get you nowhere, will
定义: 你不会得逞的, 你不会被接受, 你不会成功的, 对你完全没助益.
例句: Dreams will get you nowhere; a good kick in the pants will take you a long way. (梦想对你完全没帮助; 一个善意的当头棒喝会使你更受激励)

02. Get your ass/buns/butt over here!
定义: [不尊重命令语]过来! 到我这来!
例句: Get your butt over here and help me move this trunk. (过来, 帮我搬这个箱子)
图片
箱子

03. get your eye in, to
定义: [英国与澳洲]熟能生巧, 练习到熟稔.
例句: I need one more exercise to get my eye in. (为了更加熟练我需要再一次练习)

04. get your feet under the table, to
定义: [主要在英国](对新环境)熟悉并稳定下来.
例句: It's better to wait until you've got your feet firmly under the table before you make any big changes. (你最好等到你稳定下来之后再做任何重大改变)

05. get your fingers burned/burnt, to
定义: 吃亏, 亏损, 结局不利. (注: 意指因不谨慎行事而遭到不利结局)
例句: Many investors got their fingers burned when they were tempted by get-rich-quick schemes. (受到一夜致富骗局的诱惑, 许多投资人惨遭亏损)

06. get your hands on someone, to
定义: 严惩某人, 修理某人.
例句: You wait till I get my hands on you, young man, you'll be sorry you ever said that to me! (等我收拾你的时候, 小伙子, 你将会后悔你曾经对我说过那句话!)

07. get your hands on something, to
定义: 取得/弄到手某东西.
例句: I bought all the mystery videos that I could get my hands on. (只要我能弄到手的推理电影录像带我都把它们买下来了)

08. get your head down, to
定义: [主要在英国]专心努力工作, 读书或写字; 小睡片刻.
例句: I'm going to get my head down and try to finish this report before I go home today. ​​(我准备要努力工作, 试图在回家之前把这个报告做完)

09. get your head/mind around something, to
定义: 脑子能够转过来, 能够了解困难或奇怪的事情.
例句: I still can't get my head around why a high school district with only one high school needs a superintendent. (我还是不了解为什么一个只有一所高中的学区还需要一位总监)

10. get your hooks into something/someone, to
定义: 取得对某人或某事的控制或影响力.
例句: He cheated on his wife; he fathered a child with a crazy woman who used the sex to get her hooks into him. (他对他妻子不忠; 他跟一个利用性交来控制他的狂野女子生了一个小孩)

11. get your leg over, to
定义: [英国不雅语](论及男人)与女人发生性行为, 与女人有一腿.
例句: How was the party, then? Did you get your leg over? (派对玩得怎么样? 你有没有跟女人来一腿?)

12. Get your paw off me.
[成语句型]把你的手拿开, 别碰我.

13. get your tongue around/round something, to
定义: 能够念困难绕舌的字或词.
例句: He was having trouble getting his tongue around my name. (他曾有困难念清楚我的名字)

14. get/cop a packet, to
定义: [俚语]受重伤; 遭到不幸, 打击或惩罚.
例句: If it's wet and power is on then you have a good chance of copping a packet if you touch the junction box. (在潮湿和电源仍开的时候, 如果你触及这个接线盒的话, 你有很大的可能受到电击伤害)
图片
位于室外的接线盒

15. get/enter into the spirit of, to
定义: 感染上某个气氛. (注: 意指受到某个季节, 地点, 活动的气氛感染; 例如在圣诞季节大家都互相感染到家人团聚, 温馨的气氛)
例句: We get into the spirit of the Holiday season by checking out these worthy local volunteer opportunities. (藉由尝试这些有意义的本地义工机会, 我们感染上年底节日季节的气氛. 注: Holiday season是指十一月底到次年初的包括感恩节, 圣诞节等各式各样节日的季节)
图片
台湾庆祝圣诞节的街景

16. get/gain a/the jump on, to
定义: 抢占先机, 先声夺人, 先发制人.
例句: That will help reign in the cheaters who have used the hormone to gain a jump on their competitors in the endurance events. (那将有助于遏止诈骗者使用荷尔蒙在耐力比赛上抢占对手先机)

17. get/go back to basics, to
定义: 回归基本面, 原则, 主流价值.
例句: Let's get back to the basics and give our children a country they can be proud of and a desire to make it better than it has ever been. (让我们回归基本面, 给我们子孙一个可以为傲的国家以及臻于至善的渴望)

18. get/go back to nature, to
定义: 回归大自然. (注: 意指生活在不使用现代化机器, 电力等等人为的方便环境之下)
例句: Our family likes to go to Lake Arrowhead every once in a while and it's a nice place to unwind and get back to nature. (我们家喜欢每隔一阵子去箭头湖玩, 它是个舒缓心情和回归大自然的好去处)
图片
位于加州圣伯纳迪诺县附近的箭头湖

19. get/grab a bite, to
定义: 随便到外面吃点东西(快餐).
例句: It's almost lunchtime. I think I'm going to grab a bite before the meeting starts. (快到了午餐时间了. 我想要在开会之前到外面吃点东西)

20. get/grab/have something to eat, to
定义: 随便到外面吃点东西(快餐).
例句: Feeling rather hungry and a little lightheaded, I stopped at the roadside hot dog stand to grab something to eat. (感觉有些饥饿和有点头晕, 我停下来在路边热狗摊上随便买点东西吃)
图片
一家位于西维吉尼亚州航廷顿市的路边热狗摊

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 354 访客