回复
royl
帖子: 1772
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

"Having said that,..." or "That said,..."

帖子 royl » 周四 6月 05, 2014 11:04 pm

"Having said that,..." or "That said,..."

Question
What does it mean when people start a sentence with “Having said that....”? — student, United States
当人们以“Having said that....”来开头一句话的时候它是什么意思?

Answer (韦氏字典英语语言学习出版总监Jane Mairs女士解答)

"Having said that" is a transitional phrase that has become more and more common in spoken language. When people say, “Having said that” it is a signal that they are going to say something which will contrast or disagree with what they said a moment ago.
“Having said that”是一个具有转折性的短语/片语, 越来越常用在口语上. 当人们说“Having said that”的时候, 他们发出一个讯号, 也就是他们准备要说一些与刚才所说的有差异的或不一致的意见.

Take, for example, this quote from a man talking about his father's death: “He was 93 years old, so it was the natural way of things. Having said that, it's still a shock when it actually happens, when your parent dies. ”
以这个某人谈论他父亲死亡的引述为例: “他当时是九十三岁, 因此以他的年龄来说死亡是相当自然的事情. 话虽这么说, 当你父亲死亡真正地发生在你身上的时候, 它仍然是个难以承受的打击”

Here are two more examples from the Learner's Dictionary:
以下是两个从学生字典找出的额外例句:
Their work has been fairly good. Having said that, I still think there's room for improvement.
他们的工作做得令人相当满意. 即便如此, 我仍然认为他们有改善的空间.
Much of the book was very dull. Having said that, I have to admit that the ending was extremely clever.
这本书大部分写得非常枯燥无味. 虽然如此, 我不得不承认它的结局写得极为巧妙.

People use the expression "That said..." in exactly the same way:
人们以完全相同的方式使用与"Having said that"同义词的"That said..."语句:
Their work has been fairly good. That said, I still think there's room for improvement.
他们的工作做得令人相当满意. 即便如此, 我仍然认为他们有改善的空间.
Much of the book was very dull. That said, I have to admit that the ending was extremely clever.
这本书大部分写得非常枯燥无味. 虽然如此, 我不得不承认它的结局写得极为巧妙.

I hope this helps.
我希望这对你有所帮助.

英语原文来源: http://www.learnersdictionary.com/qa/Ha ... -That-said

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 139 访客