royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 493

帖子 royl » 周六 6月 28, 2014 10:18 pm

二十笔实用成语 493

01. good guy, a
定义: 好人. 我们这边的人.
例句: It's hard to tell the good guys from the bad guys in this movie. (这部电影里还真难分辨出谁是好人谁是坏人)

02. good handle, a
定义: 熟悉以及有能力处理或控制状况.
例句: It seems like she has a good handle on the situation. (看样子她有办法处理这个状况)

03. good in bed, be
定义: 做爱高手.
例句: If a man feels he is good in bed, then there should be no reason to brag about it. (如果一个男人觉得他是个做爱高手的话, 那就没必要夸耀他自己的性能力了)

04. Good luck!
定义: [祝福语]祝你好运! 你去试试看! (注: 两个意思: 1. 衷心祝人好运, 2. 劝人不要去做很难的事但不被接受就只有礼貌性的说Good luck)
例句: "I'm planning to ask for a raise." "Oh, really? Well, good luck (to you)." ("我准备要求加薪." "哦, 真的吗? 好吧, 你去试试看吧." 注: 意指你去试也是白试, 你的加薪要求不可能成功)

05. good mixer, a
定义: 社交场合上从容自在或善于交际或与人交谈的人.
例句: I'm outgoing and a good mixer. (我性格开朗也善于与人交际)

06. Good morning.
定义: [问候语]早安.
例句: Good morning. How are you today, sir? (早安. 你今天好吗, 先生?)

07. good news, bad news
定义: 喜忧参半; 有好消息与坏消息.
例句: The good news is that this book is brilliant and funny. The bad news is... let's see... nope, can't think of any bad news! (好消息是这本书写得既精彩也有趣.坏消息是... 让我想想... 没有, 想不出任何坏消息)

08. good night's sleep, a
定义: 安安稳稳的睡一大觉.
例句: If I don't get a good night's sleep right now, I'll be irritable tomorrow. (如果现在我不好好地睡一大觉, 我明天就会变得烦躁)

09. good ol' boys club/network, a
定义: 特殊利益集团. (注: 意指一群有权势或有特殊利益的人组成一个幕后操纵性以及排他性的利益集团)
例句: To be honest, I don't want to belong to a good ol' boys club. I am not big on any affiliations. (说实话, 我不想成为一个特殊利益集团的成员. 我不热衷参与任何团体)

10. good old ... (noun名词)
定义: 把good old后面加上人名(例如: 老汤, good old Tom)表示亲近熟稔, good old后面加上普遍名词(例如: my good old car)表示可以信赖的物品.
例句: I don't need fancy shoes. I prefer good old sneakers. (我不需要昂贵的流行鞋子. 我还是喜欢穿我那双老运动鞋)

11. good old boy, a
定义: [俚语]传统的美国南方白男人. (注: ol'=ole=old)
例句: I'd never move down South, those good old boys would hate my seven earrings and purple hair. (我从来没移居到南方过, 这些传统的南方人可能会特讨厌我戴着七颗耳环和紫色头发)
图片
七颗耳环
图片
紫色头发

12. good old days, the
定义: 过去美好的时光.
例句: Sometimes our minds run back through the years and yearn for that better time and place – the good old days. (有些时候我们心思会倒流回到过去的岁月, 怀念更幸福的时刻与地方– 过去的美好时光)

13. good point, a
定义: 说得有道理, 精辟看法.
例句: You know, I think you're making a good point. I'm going to give a lot of thought to what you said. (你知道吗, 我认为你说得有道理. 我要好好地思考你所说的话)

14. good riddance (to bad rubbish), a
定义: 谢天谢地(垃圾被扫出门)恶人被赶走了或恶物被被清除了或令人不胜其扰的事情被排除了.
例句: Good riddance to bad rubbish! I never liked him and I am glad that he has finally left. (谢天谢地垃圾被扫出门! 我从来都不喜欢他, 我真高兴他终于走了)

15. good Samaritan, a
定义: 厚道善心之人; 给予苦难者同情帮助的好心人.
例句: We had a flat tire on the highway this morning but fortunately a Good Samaritan stopped to help us change it. (今天早上我们在高速公路上爆了一个轮胎, 但幸运的是一位善心人士停下车来帮我们把它换下来了)

16. good sort, a
定义: 善良可亲的人; 美丽迷人的女人; 吸引异性者.
例句: John is a good sort, he will understand your situation. (约翰是个善良的人, 他会理解你的处境)

17. good sport, a
定义: 有风度的人, 输得起得人, 被人开得起玩笑的人.
例句: Bob is usually a good sport, but this time he didn't seem to appreciate your joke. (鲍伯向来是个有风度的人, 但这次他似乎不谅解你开的玩笑)

18. Good talking to you.
定义: [礼貌语]幸会. (注: 第一次见面离别的客气话)

19. good taste
定义: [名词]高雅, 得体的眼光及品味.
例句: I think the reason she is so successful with her style is because she has good taste in clothing. (我想她的风格之能够成功的原因是因为她在衣着上的高雅品味)

20. good thing is ..., the
定义: 好在...
例句: The good thing is that, over time, your muscles will get used to your workout and they won't be sore all the time anymore. (好在你的肌肉会逐渐地适应你的健身运动, 它们不会再老是疼痛)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 43 访客