royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 502

帖子 royl » 周六 8月 09, 2014 2:21 am

二十笔实用成语 502

01. half again as much/many, be
定义: 一倍半的, 一点五倍的. (注: 意指A比B多出百分之五十)
例句: You know, this television set costs half again as much as it did five years ago. (你知道吗, 这台电视机的价钱是五年前价格的一倍半)

02. half an eye, with
定义: 稍加注意就可一目了然. (注: 意指...很显著, 一看就知道)
例句: Anyone with half an eye can see she's in love. (任何人一看就知道她在恋爱中)

03. half an hour
定义: 半小时, 三十分钟.
例句: Give me half an hour, I need to finish what I'm doing first. (给我半个小时, 我需要先把我现在的工作做完)

04. half an inch of rain
定义: (下了)半英吋的雨.
例句: Last night's storms dumped half an inch to an inch of rain in our area. (昨夜的暴风雨在我们这一区域倾泻了半英吋至一英吋的雨)

05. half as big/much/good as, be
定义: 一半大/一半多/一半好.
例句: This food tastes awful. It's not half as good as the one made by the other restaurant we went to the other day. ​​(这些食物真难吃. 它们还没有我们前几天去的那家餐厅所做的食物一半好吃. 注: food在此作为我们人吃的食物虽然是复数但是因为是"不可数名词"所以使用单数动词)

06. half as much/many again as, be
定义: 一倍半的, 一点五倍的. (注: 意指A比B多出百分之五十)
例句: We have 30 delivery trucks in our fleet which is half as many again as our nearest rival's. (我们车队拥有三十部送货卡车是我们实力最接近对手的一倍半)

07. half bath, a
定义: 半套卫浴室. (注: 意指浴室装置有洗脸台, 马桶, 但没有浴缸, 冲浴等设备)
例句: I'm considering adding a half bath in my garage next to the kitchen; it would also include a washer/dryer closet. (我正在考虑在我车房紧邻厨房的地方增加一间半套卫浴室; 它也包括一个洗衣机/烘干机的小房间)
图片
包括洗衣机与烘干机的半套卫浴室

08. half of it, the
定义: [名词]只是一部分, 并非全部. (注: 意指不完全的; 常用于情况比你知道的还糟, You don't know the half of it!)
例句: Sales are down but that's only the half of it—the company is closing several stores. (销售量下降了但这还不是所有的坏消息—公司正关闭数家店面)

09. half off/half price
定义: 半价(出售), 打对折.
例句: All T-shirts are half off today at t-shirts_r_us.com. (t-shirts_r_us.com这家网店所有的T恤都打对折出售)

10. half the battle
定义: 极为重要的一部分工作, 成功的一半; (只是)努力的一部分. (注: 意指还要再接再厉)
例句: Sending the letters out will be half the battle. We can finish the rest of the work next week. (把信件寄出将是极为重要的一部分工作. 我们下礼拜再把剩下的工作做完)

11. half the time
定义: 经常, 有时候; 一半的时间.
例句: I always try to wash all the dishes before I go to bed, but half the time I forget to do it. (我总是想在睡觉之前把所有的碗盘洗干净, 但我经常忘掉去做它)

12. halfway around/across the world
定义: 世界另一端.
例句: Last year, my husband and I quit our jobs, sold everything we owned, and moved our family halfway around the world. (去年, 我先生跟我把工作辞了, 卖掉我们所有的东西, 把我们家搬到世界另一端)

13. halfway through
定义: (做到)一半, (事情进行的)中间.
例句: Time is flying; I can't believe we're already halfway through the semester. (光阴似箭; 我真不敢相信我们已经过了这个学期的一半了)

14. ham it up, to
定义: 表现夸张, 过火地摆出动作或演讲.
例句: You can count on him to ham it up for the camera. (你肯定会看见他在照相机前摆出夸张的动作. 注: 这里的count on本来是指望, 期望之义但这句话里使用"肯定会"比较能达意)

15. hamburger flipper, a
定义: 翻动汉堡肉的铲子; 汉堡店厨子; 低工资的打工者.
例句: In the public view, low-wage jobs tend to be lumped together and referred to as "hamburger flipper," insinuating both a lack of real skill and social value. (在世人眼里, 低工资工作总是被一并归类并称为"汉堡店厨子," 弦外之音是指这些工作既缺乏真实技术也没有社会地位)

16. hammer at, to
定义: 不停敲打/伤害; 不停谈及/批评; 不断强调; 推敲; 致力于.
例句: We kept hammering at cost saving and finding new ways to generate cash. (我们不断地致力于节约成本以及寻求新方法制造现金)

17. hammer away at, to
定义: 努力不懈地做事.
例句: I know we can solve this problem if we just keep hammering away at it. (我知道我们能够解决这个问题如果我们一直努力不懈地对付它)

18. hammer into, to
定义: 锤进, 锤打成; 灌输某个想法; 重覆提醒以致牢记在心.
例句: We used to hammer good manners into our children when they were young. (在他们年幼的时候, 我们过去跟我们儿女重覆地提醒良好礼貌)

19. hammer out, to
定义: 经过不停推敲而产生/达成.
例句: The negotiations lasted all night but finally we were able to hammer out an agreement. (这个谈判进行了一整晚但最终我们能够达成了一份协定)

20. hand and glove /hand in glove
定义: 关系亲密地, 同心协力地.
例句: Several police officers were found to be working hand in glove with drug traffickers. (数名警官被查出与贩毒份子亲密地合作)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 69 访客