royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 503

帖子 royl » 周二 8月 12, 2014 3:31 am

二十笔实用成语 503

01. hand back, to
定义: 交还, 归还.
例句: Would you please hand this book back to John? (麻烦你把这本书交还给约翰好吗?)

02. hand caught in the cookie jar, to get one's
定义: (做坏事)被人抓个正着; 贪心, 拿太多以致不能应付反而被拖下去.
例句: Tom got his hand caught in the cookie jar. Don't know if he's going to get off the hook this time? (汤姆在做坏事的时候被人抓个正着. 不知道这次他会不会脱得了罪?)

03. hand down, to
定义: 遗赠, 兄传弟, 祖传, 薪传; 正式宣布, (法庭)宣判.
例句: My grandmother handed down her sterling silver flatware to my mother. (我祖母把这套斯特林银餐具传给我母亲)
图片
斯特林银(92.5%纯银+7.5%紫铜之合金)所做成的餐具

04. hand in hand
定义: 手牵手地, 亲密关系地, 同心协力地.
例句: Math and science go hand in hand. They're related subjects. (数学与科学的关系亲密. 它们是相关的学科)

05. hand in one's checks, to
定义: [英国俚语]死亡.
例句: Jesse had fought a good fight with cancer but finally handed in his checks last week. (杰西曾尽力地与癌症病魔做了一场顽强的争斗但他最终仍于上星期死亡)

06. hand in, to
定义: 正式提出或提交给别人复审, 考虑或做决定.
例句: I'm planning to go to the company early in the morning tomorrow to hand in my job application. (我计划明天一大清早就去这家公司提交我的工作申请表)

07. hand off, to
定义: [美式足球术语]传球给近身的球员; 把...交给某人.
例句: She handed the job off to her assistant. (她把这个工作交给她的助理去做)

08. hand on the torch, to
定义: 交棒, 交班, 传承, 薪传, 薪火相传.
例句: He's made his mark and, no doubt, he will hand on the torch to a worthy successor. (他已经功成名就, 毫无疑问地, 他会交棒给一个优秀的接班人)

09. hand on, to
定义: 交棒, 交班, 传承, 薪传; 正式宣布, (法庭)宣判.
例句: These stories have been handed on from generation to generation. (这些故事一直是一代接一代地传承下来)

10. hand out, to
定义: 赠送, 免费给予; 分配, 分发.
例句: He's always handing out advice to the people he works with. (他总是给他同事出主意)

11. hand over fist
定义: 极速地; 大量地. (注: 经常使用金钱上的大量极快地流失或赚进)
例句: We have been making money hand over fist in our new store. (我们一直在我们新店赚大钱)

12. hand over hand
定义: 两手交互(爬或抓紧), 节节向上地.
例句: I was so tired then, it's impossible to climb the rope hand over hand for 30 feet. (我当时非常疲劳, 不可能两手交互地向上爬三十英呎)

13. hand over the reins, to
定义: 交出, 移交, 让出控制权, 管理权或统治权.
例句: Company chiefs are generally reluctant to hand over the reins of power to younger people. (公司领导人们通常不愿意把管理权移交给年轻的一代)

14. hand over, to
定义: 交出, 移交, 让出所有权或经营权或财产.
例句: There was talk, for example, the notion of allowing the hostage takers a free passage out of the country if they agreed to hand over the hostages. (有传闻指出, 例如, 如果劫持人质者同意将人质交出的话就让他们自由地离开这个国家的意见)

15. hand someone a line, to
定义: 对某人说辞或欺骗误导, 油嘴滑舌, 胡扯.
例句: Don't hand me a line I know exactly how much you paid for the sneakers. (你别唬我, 我知道你买这双球鞋花了多少钱)

16. hand something to someone on a (silver) platter, to
定义: 让某人轻而易举地取得某物, 令某人不劳而获.
例句: If you sell your share in the company now, you're handing the ownership to him on a silver platter. (你如果把公司的股份卖掉的话, 你等于让他轻而易举地取得公司的所有权)

17. hand up, to
定义: (陪审团)交出一个起诉书给高等司法机关.
例句: Historically, an indictment was handed up by a grand jury, which returned a "true bill" if it found cause to make the charge, or "no bill" if it did not find cause. (在历史上, 一份由大陪审团呈交的起诉书, 可能包括"正式起诉书"如果提起公诉的理由成立的话, 或者"不予起诉书"如果起诉理由不存在的话)

18. handbags at ten paces
定义: 戏剧性的口角冲突. (注: 意指装腔作势地吵架但不涉及肢体暴力的冲突)
例句: When professional footballers get heated, there's a lot of handbags at ten paces and then they kiss and make up and get on with it. (当职业足球员发生冲突时, 他们发出许多戏剧性的口角及威胁然后他们言归于好又接着继续比赛)

19. handle oneself, to
定义: 行为举止表​​现.
例句: I firmly believe that Jennifer has proven that she can handle herself gracefully in a bad situation. (我确信珍妮弗已经证明了她在恶劣情况下仍能够表现出优雅的风度)

20. handle someone without gloves, to
定义: 放手一博; 真刀真枪地争吵或打架; 亳不留情地竞争或比赛.
例句: There is only one way to handle such a man, and that is without gloves. (对付这种人只有一个办法, 那就是跟他放手一博)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 43 访客