royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 507

帖子 royl » 周四 8月 28, 2014 12:31 am

二十笔实用成语 507

01. happy as a peacock, be (as)
定义: 非常快乐, 鼓舞.
例句: Alice will be happy as a peacock if you tell her she's beautiful. (爱莉斯会非常高兴如果你告诉她她很漂亮)

02. happy as the day is long, be (as)
定义: 极度欢欣, 快乐.
例句: When she heard the news that her husband was doing OK after the surgery she was happy as the day is long. (当她听到他先生在手术后恢复顺利的消息之后, 她极度欢欣)

03. Happy birthday and many happy returns (of the day).
定义: [祝福语]生日快乐, 长命百岁; 福如东海, 寿比南山.
例句: Wish you a very happy birthday and many happy returns of the day. ​​We pray our Almighty God shower his abundant blessings upon you. (祝你生日快乐, 长命百岁. 我们祈祷全能的神赐给你丰盛的福分)

04. happy camper, a
定义: 快乐, 心满意足的人.
例句: I'll be a happy camper if you can chat with me in M​​andarin. (如果你能够以国语跟我交谈的话我会很高兴)

05. happy chance, by a
定义: 幸好, 真幸运.
例句: By a happy chance I have the key with me. (幸好我身上带着这把钥匙)

06. happy hour, the
定义: [酒吧术语]优惠时段. (注: 酒吧为了吸引客人在下午与晚间初期酒价打折. 此时称快乐时间)
例句: We stopped at the restaurant during happy hour and had a couple of drinks. (在优惠时段我们在这家餐厅歇歇脚并喝了几杯酒)

07. happy hunting ground, a
定义: 北美印地安人武士的来世天堂或乐土; 令人喜爱的, 获利的活动场合.
例句: "Are you going to COMPUTEX?" "I wouldn't miss it for the world. This computer expo is a happy hunting ground for manufacturers and developers of computer hardware and software." ("你要去台北国际电脑展吗?" "我决不会错过它. 这个电脑展可是电脑软件与硬件厂商与开发商大展身手的好地方.")

08. happy to see the back of someone/something, be
定义: 高兴看到不喜欢的人离开/高兴看到不愉快的事情结束.
例句: With all the trouble we had caused, the hotel personnel must have been happy to see the back of us. (由于我们闯出了这些麻烦, 这家饭店的员工肯定乐于看到我们离开)

09. hard at it, be
定义: 辛勤工作, 忙碌地工作.
例句: Sorry, I was hard at it with my lawnmower so I couldn't hear you. (抱歉, 我刚才忙着使用我的割草机, 我没听见你. 注: 意指割草时使用的割草机声音太吵以至没法听到别人的讲话)

10. hard at work on something, be
定义: 努力积极地做​​某事情.
例句: Crews are still hard at working cleaning up an anhydrous ammonia spill after the tanker truck rolled over yesterday afternoon. (昨天下午这部油罐卡车翻覆之后, 工作人员仍旧在努力地清理泄漏的无水氨)
图片
油罐卡车

11. deal a hard blow, to
定义: 予以痛击, 给予严重/强烈的打击.
例句: The loss of his job dealt a hard blow to his self-confidence. (失业给予他的自信心一记强烈打击)

12. hard case, a
定义: 不好惹/难缠的角色​​.
例句: He is a hard case, and has refused to cooperate at all, but we'll see. (他是个难缠的角色​​, 完全拒绝合作, 但我们走着瞧)

13. hard copy, a
定义: 纸张拷贝. (注: 意指把文字或图表资料打印在纸上的拷贝)
例句: You can check your work on the computer screen, but it's easier to find errors on hard copy. (你可以在电脑屏幕上检查你的工作, 但更容易在纸张拷贝上找到错误)

14. hard day, to have a
定义: 辛苦工作了一天.
例句: You look dead tired, Dear. Did you have a hard day at the office? (亲爱的, 你看起来疲惫不堪. 你是不是在办公室辛苦工作了一天?)

15. hard drug, a
定义: 硬毒品. (注: 意指很强劲致瘾或伤害健康的非法药品)
例句: About nine months ago, he had his first experience with hard drugs. He was sixteen, and at that point had never tried anything other than weed. (大约九个月以前, 他初次使用硬毒品. 他当时是十六岁, 在那时候他除了吸食大麻之外从未尝试其他任何毒品)

16. hard evidence/facts
定义: 确凿的证据/事实, 无法否认的证据/事实.
例句: We think he is the murderer, but we have no hard evidence. (我们认为他就是谋杀犯, 但我们没有确凿的证据)

17. hard feelings, to have
定义: 憎恨或愤愤不平.
例句: I don't have any hard feelings toward him even though he fired me. (尽管他解雇了但我对他并不憎恨)

18. hard knocks, the
定义: [俚语]历尽沧桑的人生经验.
例句: The school of hard knocks taught him how to be tough. (沧桑的人生经验教了我如何坚强)

19. hard liquor, the
定义: 烈酒.
例句: The bar was serving beer, wine and several kinds of hard liquor. (这家酒吧供应啤酒, 葡萄酒以及数种烈酒)

20. hard-luck story, a
定义: (不尊重语)引人同情怜悯的悲惨遭遇.
例句: She came out with some hard-luck story about never having been loved by her mother. (她公开地道出某个有关她从未被她母亲关爱的悲惨遭遇)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 52 访客