回复
royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 508

帖子 royl » 周六 8月 30, 2014 9:12 pm

二十笔实用成语 508

01. hard/tough nut to crack, a
定义: 一个难题; 不好对付的人/事; 令人很难了解的人; 不容易进入或取得的地方或机会.
例句: You don't have to be such a hard nut to crack. All you have to do is simply be honest and tell people how you feel. (你不须要让人很难了解你. 你所要做的不过是对人坦诚和告诉别人你的想法)

02. hard of hearing, be
定义: 重听的, 耳背的, 听力不好的, 听觉不灵敏.
例句: Now that grandpa's in his 80s, he's quite hard of hearing. (由于爷爷已经八十多岁了, 他听觉相当不灵敏)

03. hard on someone, be
定义: 粗暴对待某人; 让某人吃苦头.
例句: That job was hard on me. My back is sore due to lifting heavy objects. (那个工作让我吃了不少苦. 由于负荷重物造成我的背部疼痛)

04. hard on someone's heels, be
定义: 紧追不舍, 紧追排名, 与某人竞赛你很接近击败他.
例句: I ran like hell for my life, but the dog was still hard on my heels. (我死命地逃跑, 但那只狗仍然紧追不舍)

05. hard on something, be
定义: 粗暴对待某事.
例句: I am pretty hard on shoes, and I tend to wear the same pair around no matter what activity. (我很会磨损鞋子, 而且不论什么活动我总是穿同一双鞋子)

06. hard put, be
定义: 面临困难的, 不知所措的.
例句: Under the circumstances, I was hard put to explain myself. (在这种情况下, 我很困难解释我自己)

07. hard/tough row to hoe, a
定义: 困难处境, 难熬日子, 棘手工作要应付.
例句: As a single parent, she has a hard row to hoe with five children. (作为一个单亲妈妈, 养育五个子女的确很艰难)

08. hard science, a
定义: 硬科学, 自然科学. (注: 意指其理论及事实可以明确地, 肯定地衡量, 测试或证明的科学)
例句: It's a good theory, but there's no hard science to back it up. (它是个不错的理论, 但没有硬科学来证明它)

09. hard sell, a
定义: 强势高压力的产品推销; 很困难推销或说服的事, 物或对象.
例句: I didn't like the hard sell attitude at the car dealership so I went to another dealer. (我不喜欢这家汽车经销商的高压推销态度所以我就去另外一家汽车经销商)

10. hard skill, a
定义: 硬技术, 专业技能.
例句: I think we should offer the position to Linda. Look at the hard skills listed on her resume! (我觉得我们应该把这个职务提供给琳达. 看看她履历表所列出的专业技能吧!)

11. hard stuff, the
定义: 强劲致瘾的毒品; 烈酒尤其是威士忌酒.
例句: Would you like a drop of the hard stuff? (你要不要喝口烈酒?)

12. Hard times call for harsh measures.
[成语句型]乱世用重典.

13. hard to believe, be
定义: 难以置信.
例句: It's hard to believe that you're a grandmother. You look so young. (真难以置信你已经是个祖母. 你看起来很年轻)

14. hard to come by, be
定义: 稀有的, 难得的, 有困难取得或买得到.
例句: Due to the drought in California this summer, fresh oriental vegetables are hard to come by. (由于今夏的加州旱灾, 新鲜的东方蔬菜很难买得到)
图片
东方蔬菜

15. hard to say, be
定义: 难讲, 无法知道.
例句: It's hard to say when this will happen, I just know it's going to happen. (这事什么时候会发生很难讲, 我只知道它肯定会发生)

16. hard to stomach/swallow/take, be
定义: 难以接受, 容忍.
例句: I found losing to such a weak team hard to stomach. (我觉得输给一个这样弱的球队让我难以接受)

17. hard up, be
定义: 贫穷; 急需.
例句: I am hard up for money at the moment so I can't go to the movie. (我现在手边缺钱所以我不能去看电影)

18. hard/heavy going, be
定义: 困难做的; 难懂的.
例句: It was a good course but I found it hard going in parts. (这是一门很好的课程但有些方面我不了解)

19. hard/tough act to follow, be a
定义: 终极卓越/难以相比/令人望尘莫及的表现. (注: 意指其表现极为卓越, 别人几乎不可能超越的)
例句: I am getting better at my cooking skills. I am still not up to par with Nancy especially her pipa duck is a tough act to follow. (我的烹饪技术越来越好了. 我还是不能跟南西比尤其是她的琵琶鸭令人望尘莫)
图片
琵琶鸭

20. hard/tough as nails, be (as)
定义: 不退让, 坚硬的; 铁石心肠, 冷酷无情的.
例句: He is as hard as nails and is not a good person to reason with. (他真是个铁石心肠, 跟他好好地讲道理没用)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 68 访客