royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 512

帖子 royl » 周四 9月 11, 2014 1:15 am

二十笔实用成语 512

01. have a clean/clear conscience, to
定义: 问心无愧, 对得起自己良心, 自己是无辜的.
例句: The accident wasn't my fault. I have a clear conscience. (这件意外事故不是我的错. 我问心无愧. 注: 这里的I have a clear conscience = My conscience is clear)

02. have a conniption/fit, to
定义: 非常不痛快, 沮丧, 难过, 失望或大发脾气.
例句: Mom really had a conniption when I told her I got arrested. (当我告诉妈妈我被逮捕的时候她非常难过)

03. have a cow, to
定义: [俚语]惊讶, 愤怒, 激动.
例句: Don't have a cow, Mom, I'll clean up my room. (妈妈别生气, 我会清理我的房间)

04. have a crying need for ..., to
定义: 急需某物.
例句: Our family is having a crying need for spending reduction. (我们家庭急需要减少开支)

05. have a date with ..., to
定义: 跟异性友人有个约会.
例句: I have a date with one of the girls from my cooking class tonight. (我今晚要跟我烹饪班女生里其中的一位约会)

06. have a devil of a time, to
定义: 历经不少困难.
例句: "Why do I h​​ave a devil of a time explaining things?" "You need to organize your thoughts. In other words, you have to learn to finish a thought before moving to the next." ("为什么我解释事情那么困难?" "你需要把你的思绪整理好. 换句话说, 你必须学习先把一件事情想好再思考下一件.")

07. have a down on someone, to
定义: 憎恨, 仇视某人.
例句: Why haven't you mentioned all the good things he has done? Is it because you have a down on him? (你为什么不提他所做的一切善事? 是不是因为你仇视他才不提?)

08. have a drag, to
定义: 抽一口烟.
例句: I'm out of cigarettes. Can I have a drag of yours? (我香烟抽完了. 我能抽一口你的烟吗?)

09. have a face as long as a fiddle/have a face like a fiddle, to
定义: 脸带阴霾, 愁眉不展, 不高兴, 不痛快.
例句: "Why do you have a face like a fiddle?" "My girlfriend doesn't want to see me any more." ("你怎么愁眉不展?" "我女朋友不想再跟我来往了.")

10. have a face only a mother could love/have a face that could stop a clock, to
定义: 长相很丑. (注: 意指此人只有他母亲才爱的脸, 因为无论一个人长相如何他的母亲都还是疼爱他的)
例句: Tom has got a face only a mother could love. Luckily he's got a great personality. (汤姆长得很丑. 幸运的是, 他有一个令人愉快的性格)

11. have a face that launched a thousand ships, to
定义: 倾国倾城容貌. (注: 意指"木马屠城记"里的美人, 海伦, 因为她有一张美得足以发动千艘战舰的脸孔)
例句: She may not have the face that launched a thousand ships but on the inside she is a beauty that few can compete with. (她虽然没有倾国倾城的外貌但她的内在美没有几个女人可以与之抗衡)

12. have a familiar ring to it, to
定义: 听起来耳熟, 似曾听过此事.
例句: Your excuse has a familiar ring. Have you done this before? (你的借口听起来耳熟. 你以前有没有使用过这个借口?)

13. have a few choice words for someone, to
定义: 对某人发出强烈不满的话.
例句: He had a few choice words for us and we both thought we would soon get fired. But he was wiser than we thought he was; he just told us to work harder next time at the end. (他对我们讲了一些强烈不满的话, 我们两人都以为我们很快地被解雇. 但他比我们想像他的为人更睿智; 他在结束时只告诉我们下次要更加努力工作)

14. have a few minutes/moments, to
定义: 有点时间.
例句: I was wondering if you have a few minutes to answer a few questions? (不知道你是否有点时间回答几个问题)

15. have a few too many/have a few, to
定义: (酒)喝多了, 喝高了.
例句: You'd better not drive. I think you've had a few too many. (你最好别开车了. 我觉得你喝多了)

16. have a few words with someone, to
定义: 与某人谈一谈. (注: 经常意指不满意见)
例句: I would like to have a few words with you in private. (我想私下跟你谈一谈)

17. have a field day, to
定义: 有一个欢乐时光, 重要活动, 难得机会, 运动比赛, 户外活动或军事演习.
例句: The news media would have a field day if their extramarital affair ever became public knowledge. (如果他们的婚外情一旦曝光的话, 这些新闻媒体将要乐坏了)

18. have a fine grasp of ..., to
定义: 对...非常清楚或了若指掌.
例句: She demonstrates a fine grasp of the big picture. And that is what really counts. (她展现出对大格局的了若指掌. 这才是最重要的. 注: that is what really counts除了"这才是最重要的"的翻译之外, 也可以解释为"这才是我们所需要的")

19. have a finger in every pie, to
定义: 参与或干涉每件事; 到处插手别人事务.
例句: The United States has a finger in every pie since it interferes with every worldwide issue even if it does not directly relate to the United States. (美国到处插手别人事务因为它干预每一件涉及全球性的事务即使这件事跟美国没有直接关系)

20. have a finger in the pie, to
定义: 参与, 插手或干涉事务.
例句: Sally wants to have a finger in the pie. She doesn't think we can do it by ourselves. (莎莉想要插手这件事. 她不认为我们自己有能力做得到)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 30 访客