royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 515

帖子 royl » 周二 9月 30, 2014 8:31 am

二十笔实用成语 515

01. keep a level head, to
定义: 保持冷静, 稳健心态.
例句: I know it's not easy to keep a level head when you're under strong emotion but you have to control yourself. (我知道当你在非常激动的情况下很难保持冷静, 但是你必须要控制自己的情绪)

02. have a listen to this, to
定义: 听听这个.
例句: Have a listen to this, my car always gives me squeaking noise when I apply the brakes. What's the problem? (听听这个, 当我踩煞车的时候, 我的车子总是发出叽叽的尖锐杂音. 它是什么问题?)

03. have a lively imagination, to
定义: (某人)充满了生动/活泼的想像力​​. (注: 有时候用于说某人的想像力或联想力太丰富, 简直是无中生​​有)
例句: Of course, when I told people of what happened, they told me I must have a lively imagination. But to this day I still believe in what I saw! (当然, 当我告诉别人当时发生的情形时, 他们告诉我一定是我想像力太丰富. 但是直到今日, 我仍然相信我自己所看见的景象!)

04. have a lock on, to
定义: 锁定; 对某事很有把握.
例句: I heard that John really has a lock on a promotion. (我听说约翰真有可能升职)

05. have a long memory, to
定义: 记忆长久. (注: 意指某人可以记得许久以前发生的事情, 请参考have a short memory)
例句: It may take a long time but I am patient, and I have a long memory so you will live to regret what you have said and done. (虽然时间会拖得什久但是我有的是耐心, 而且我的记性长久所以你会后悔你所说的话和所做的事)

06. have a long way to go, to
定义: 还早, (距离成功)还有很多的事要做, 还有很大的差距.
例句: We have made a good progress thus far, but we still have a long way to go. (迄今为止我们有长足的进步, 但我们还有很多的要做)

07. have a look-see, to
定义: 去瞧瞧看, 视察, 评估, 检察.
例句: We heard the house was for sale, so we drove over to have a look-see. (我们听说这栋房子要出售, 因此我们开车过来瞧瞧看)

08. have a lot going for one, to
定义: 条件不错, 很有潜力, 前途相当看好.
例句: He was smart, he had a lot going for himself if only he'd use it the right way. (他相当聪明, 只要使用得当的话他的前途相当看好)

09. have a lot of catching up to do, to
定义: 有很多的工作要赶着做; 有好多话要聊; 有好多东西要学.
例句: I haven't seen you in two years. We have a lot of catching up to do. (我两年没看见你了. 我们有好多的话要聊)

10. have a lot of give, to
定义: 具有很大弹性.
例句: The dress itself has a lot of give, but the lining isn't as stretchy. (这件衣服本身有很大弹性, 但它的衬里却没有这么大的弹性)

11. have a lot of nerve, to
定义: 胆大包天.
例句: Tom has a lot of nerve. He got a pay raise three months ago. Now he's asking for another one. (汤姆胆大包天. 他三个月前已经加了薪. 现在他又要求再加一次薪水)

12. have a lot of time for, to
定义: 很喜欢, 爱慕.
例句: I've got a lot of time for Jenny. She always has something interesting to say. (我很喜欢珍妮. 她总是说一些有趣的事)

13. have a lot on one's mind, to
定义: 心事重重, 忧心忡忡.
例句: I can't sleep, I have a lot on my mind and it is keeping me up. (我睡不着, 我心里很烦, 让我无法入眠)

14. have a lot on one's plate, to
定义: 面临许多的工作/问题要处理.
例句: I can't take on a new project. I already have too much on my plate. (我没法接受新的工作项目. 我已经有许多的工作要做)

15. have a lot on the ball, to
定义: 很有见识的, 很有能力的, 很机灵的.
例句: John may not look intelligent, but he's got a lot on the ball. (约翰也许看起来不聪明, 但他办事能力很强)

16. have a maggot in one's brain/head, to
定义: 异想天开, 胡思乱想.
例句: Everyone thinks he has got a maggot in his brain, but, really, a lot of what he says is making good sense. (大家都认为他满脑子的胡思乱想, 其实, 很多他所说的话相当有道理)

17. have a mean streak in someone, to
定义: 某人性格凶恶/刻薄/卑鄙.
例句: Kurt has a mean streak in him. Did you see the way he kicked his dog? (科尔特的生性凶恶. 你看见他踢他狗的样子吗?)

18. have a memory/mind like a sieve, to
定义: 脑子不记事, 记性不好.
例句: I'm sorry. I have a memory like a sieve. What was your name again? (抱歉. 我脑子不记事. 请再说一次你的名字好吗?)

19. have a mind like a steel trap, to
定义: 思考敏捷, 脑子灵活, 反应灵敏, 思路伶俐清晰.
例句: A successful lawyer must have a mind like a steel trap. (一个成功的律师必须具有敏捷清晰的思路)

20. have a mind of one's own, to
定义: 独立思考, 有自己的主张或看法, 自行决定, 不受他人影响或左右. (注: 经常被人用来说机器不听指挥自行运转)
例句: This computer's got a mind of its own, it just won't do what I ask it to. (这台电脑按照它自己的意思运行, 它根本不听我的指令去做)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 52 访客