royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 516

帖子 royl » 周日 10月 05, 2014 3:24 pm

二十笔实用成语 516

01. have a mind to, to
定义: 考虑想要(去做某事).
例句: I have a good mind to tell her exactly what I think of her. (我很想告诉她, 在我心中她到底是怎样的一个人)

02. have a minute to call one's own, to
定义: 一点属于自己的私人时间.
例句: With a full-time job and a family to look after, she doesn't have a minute to call her own. (有了一个全职工作和一个要照顾的家庭, 她没有一点属于自己的私人时间)

03. have a monopoly on ignorance, to
定义: 只有某人/某群体全然无知, 犯蠢, 犯错或说错话.
例句: Of course, the US does not have a monopoly on ignorance, hypocrisy and obedience. But when we interpret American society through these lenses, current events make people think this way. (当然, 美国并不是全然是无知, 虚伪与盲从. 但当我们从这些镜头来解读美国的时候, 近来所发生的事件确实让人们认为是如此)

04. have a muscular build, to
定义: 具有肌肉强健的体魄.
例句: While a weight lifter generally has a muscular build, a gymnast typically is slim and lithe. (尽管练举重的人一般拥有肌肉强健的体魄, 一名练体操的人通常身材苗条和柔软)
图片
身材苗条柔软的体操运动员

05. have a nerve, to
定义: 胆大, 放肆, 厚颜无耻, 还有脸做某事.
例句: You have a nerve criticizing the people who donated their time. (你还好意思批评那些捐献自己时间的人)

06. Have a nice life.
定义: 摆摆, 我不想再见到你. (注: 常用于对不喜欢的人所说的话)
例句: We love to see you go as we had enough of your arrogance. Have a nice life and enjoy the rest that nobody will miss you. (我们受够了你的傲慢所以我们乐于看见你离开. 我们不想再见到你, 好好享受没人想念你的余生)

07. have a night out, to
定义: 夜晚外出寻欢, 享受夜生活.
例句: Let's have a night out with some dinner, and chocolate desserts. (让我们晚上出去吃大餐, 还有巧克力甜点)

08. have a nose for something, to
定义: 有特殊发掘某事或物的能力. (注: 意指天生的能力)
例句: I have a nose for gossip, an ability to talk to people and get them to open up. (我有特殊发掘闲言闲语的能力, 有办法跟别人聊天并使人毫无顾忌地畅谈. 注:此句的"get them to open up"也可翻译为"使人开怀畅所欲言")

09. have a part in, to
定义: 有插手, 介入, 涉及, 参与, 也有一份.
例句: I want to see all of you succeed and I want to feel like I had a part in it. (我希望你们都成功, 并且希望感觉到我也参与了你们的成功. 注: 本句的后半段也可以简单地翻译为"并且让我与有荣焉")

10. have a part/role to play in, to
定义: 参与, (在某活动里)要起作用, 做出贡献.
例句: We all have a part to play in keeping our house clean. (我们都应为我们屋子的整洁做出贡献)

11. have a passion for something, to
定义: 对某个事或物具有强烈的喜爱, 追求或投入.
例句: John has a passion for fishing, so he goes fishing almost every weekend. (约翰热爱钓鱼, 所以他几乎每个周末都去钓鱼)

12. have a penchant for, to
定义: 具有某种倾向或喜爱, 总是.
例句: Don't mind him, he has a penchant for saying the wrong thing. (别理他, 他总是说错话)

13. have a physical examination, to
定义: 接受身体检查.
例句: I have a physical examination tomorrow at 7:20 AM and I have to do the 10-hour fast for the blood test. (我明天早上七点二十分要做身体检查, 为了验血, 我必须禁食十个钟头)

14. have a point, to
定义: 说得有道理.
例句: You do have a point, there is still so much we don't know. We'll just have to wait and see. (你说得有道理, 我们还有许多东西不了解. 我们只有等着看情况的发展再定夺)

15. have a population of ..., to
定义: 拥有...的人口.
例句: The town of Buford, Wyoming has a population of 1. Buford is currently tied for lowest population for a town in the United States. (怀俄明州的布福德镇拥有一名人口. 布福德镇现今与另外一个小镇同列美国人口最少的镇)
图片
布福德的人口标示

16. not have a prayer
定义: 没希望, 没机会.
例句: With an injured ankle, he doesn't have a prayer of winning the race. (由于受伤的脚踝, 他没机会赢得这场比赛)

17. have a presence, to
定义: 出现, 出席, 占一席之地, 占有市场.
例句: American fast food chains have a presence in many countries. (美国快餐连锁店在许多国家都占有市场)

18. have a profound impact on ..., to
定义: 对...有深远的影响.
例句: Buddhism, with such a long history in China, is more closely related to Chinese traditions with a profound impact on Chinese culture. (在中国拥有长久历史的佛教与中国的传统更关系密切, 对中国文化有深远的影响)

19. have a puff, to
定义: 抽口烟, 吸口气.
例句: I had two puffs on the inhaler before going for a run. (在我跑步之前, 我先吸了两口药物)
图片
输送呼吸系统疾病药剂的一次性使用吸入器

20. have a quick temper, to
定义: 脾气易怒暴躁.
例句: Be careful, he's going to try to provoke you to show that you've got a quick temper. (小心点, 他准备要激怒你来显示你的脾气暴躁)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 62 访客