royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 520

帖子 royl » 周四 10月 23, 2014 10:50 pm

二十笔实用成语 520

01. have another think about, to
定义: 还要审慎透彻地思考.
例句: I'd have another think about doing it if I were you. (如果我是你的话我会再慎重地考虑是否要做它)

02. have ants in one's pants, to
定义: 坐立不安, 焦虑, 急躁, 没耐性; 兴奋, 迫不及待.
例句: She has ants in her pants because she is going to Europe tomorrow. (她兴奋地迫不及待因为她明天要去欧洲)

03. have something to say to someone/about something, to
定义: [英国]对某人或某事愤怒.
例句: He knew that if he wasn't back by midnight, his parents would have something to say about it. (他明明知道如果他在午夜之前还没回家的话, 他的父母会为此事愤怒)

04. have at it, to
定义: 去做吧, 去吃吧, 自便, 别客气.
例句: "I'm really hungry." "I just ate a hamburger Sam brought in. Here's my sandwich. Have at it." ("我肚子好饿." "我才吃了山姆带来的汉堡. 这是我的三明治. 你吃吧.")

05. have at, to
定义: 批评某人, 痛责某人, 攻击某人; 积极地工作或处理.
例句: Every time I come home late, my parents have at me. (每次我晚回家, 我父母就会责备我)

06. have bags under one's eyes, to
定义: 出现眼袋或肿眼泡. (注: 意指熬夜疲劳所致)
例句: If your child is having bags under her eyes, it may not be a serious condition. It may be caused by allergies, a sinus infection or a lack of sleep. (如果你的孩子在她眼下出现眼袋的话, 这并不一定是个严重现象. 它可能是出于敏感, 鼻窦炎或者缺乏睡眠)

07. have bats in one's/the belfry, to
定义: 疯疯癫癫; 发出疯狂, 怪异, 荒诞的想法.
例句: Don't tell anyone else I said that or they'll think I've got bats in the belfry. (我说的那些话别告诉别人否则他们会认为我疯了)

08. have bedroom eyes, to
定义: 发出勾引情欲的暗示.
例句: She looked at him with bedroom eyes. (她对他发出勾引情欲的眼色)

09. have beef with someone, to
定义: 对某人不满或抱怨.
例句: I don't have beef with him. I'm just expressing my thoughts and giving constructive criticism here. (我对他并没不满. 我在这里只是发表我的想法以及提出建设性的批评)

10. have been and gone and done it/have gone and done it, to
定义: 居然做出令人惊讶或不满的事情.
例句: He's been and gone and bought a big new truck, one which will gobble up fuel and won't ever be any use for the business. (他居然买了一部新的大卡车, 一部会消耗大量燃油而且对生意没有任何帮助的卡车)

11. have been around (a bit), to
定义: 见过世面, 人生阅历丰富, 老练世故.
例句: Rudy has been around; it's not easy to fool him. (鲁迪老练世故; 要骗他是不容易的)

12. have been around the block, to
定义: 见过世面, 人生阅历丰富, 老练世故.
例句: You kids are too young to fall in love. Wait until you have been around the block a time or two. (你们这群小朋友谈恋爱还太早. 应该等到人生经历多些时候再谈恋爱吧)

13. have been extended, to
定义: (某个期限)被延长.
例句: Due to many requests, the submission deadline has been extended to next Monday. ​​(由于众多人的要求, 交作业截止日期已经被延长至下个星期一)

14. have been (far) more patient, to
定义: (某人)更加有耐心.
例句: You have been far more patient with me than I could ever hope for and I appreciate it. (你一直对我比我所希望的更加有耐心, 我很感激你)

15. have been had, to
定义: (某人)被人耍了, 上当受骗了.
例句: Look at this cheap shirt that I paid $30 for! I've been had! (看看这件我花了三十块钱买来的烂衬衫! 我上当了!)

16. kept in check, be
定义: 被牵制或控制住.
例句: Inflation has been kept in check, but unemployment has risen sharply as economic activity has contracted. (通货膨胀已经被控制住, 但由于经济活动的萎缩致使失业率大幅爬升)

17. have been there before, to
定义: (某人)对某事熟悉, 有经验, 或知道如何应付.
例句: These guys have been there before; I think their experience really came into play this time. (这些人对此有经验并且知道如何应付; 我想这次他们的经验起了很大的作用)

18. have been through the mill, to
定义: 久经折磨, 虐待; 疲惫不堪.
例句: This old car has been through the mill. It is badly banged up, and it hardly runs. (这部老车久经折磨. 它受了重创, 几乎跑不动了)

19. have been through the wars, to
定义: 老战士, 经过大风大浪的, 久经沙场, 变得坚强; 疲惫的人或被摧残的地方.
例句: My Burmese has been through the wars in his life. He was hit in the head by a car when he was 2, and then kicked in the head when he was 6, resulting in blindness in his right eye. (我的缅甸猫在它一生经历了摧残. 它两岁的时候被车撞, 六岁的时候头部被人踢踹, 造成右眼失明)

20. have been/gotten burned by someone, by
定义: 被某人欺骗, 诈欺或占便宜过.
例句: It's rare to see a bitter man who has been burned by many women in the past, and you're that man. (很少看见一个过去被许多女人欺骗的心怀怨怼的男人, 而你就是那个人)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 36 访客