royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 523

帖子 royl » 周一 11月 10, 2014 1:05 pm

二十笔实用成语 523

01. have (got) to accept the fact that ..., to
定义: 不得不接受...的事实.
例句: We have got to accept the fact that we won't get everything we want in life. (我们不得不接受在人生中我们无法事事都顺心如意的事实)

02. have (got) to be seen to be believed
定义: 难以置信, 令人惊讶.
例句: Their prices have got to be seen to be believed, but the clearance sale ends tomorrow. (他们的价格低得令人难以置信, 但他们的清仓甩卖明天就结束)

03. have (got) to break a few eggs to make an omelet, to
定义: 有时必须要付出一些代价/损失或牺牲一些东西才可以建造或取得更好的成就.
例句: We have to break a few eggs to make an omelet. There's no way around it. So we should not be afraid of making changes. (有时必须要付出一些代价才能取得更好的成就. 这是无可避免的事. 因此我们不应畏惧做改变)

04. have (got) to break the piggy bank, don't
定义: 还不至于要花大钱. (注: 意指花费还不到需要动用储蓄或打破扑满)
例句: You don't have to break the piggy bank to get a larger monitor. The prices of 27 inch monitors have come down drastically. (买一台大一点的显示器你还花不了什么大钱. 二十七英吋显示器的价格已经大幅地下降)

05. have (got) to do with ..., to
定义: 与...有关.
例句: The book has something to do with cooking but I am not sure if you will like it. (这本书是跟烹飪有关但我不确定你会喜欢它)

06. have (got) to do without ..., to
定义: 只好不用..., 只好在缺乏...的状况下去做, 将就或凑合地吃/用/做.
例句: There's no milk for the cereal, so you'll just have to do without. (泡穀类早餐的牛奶已经喝光了, 所以你只好凑合地吃吧)
图片
穀类早餐

07. have (got) to eat one's words
定义: 收回自己的话, (被强迫)承认自己说错话.
例句: Sam said it would never sell, but when he sees these sales figures he'll have to eat his words. (山姆说这些货品绝对卖不出去, 但等他看到这些销售数字他必须承认自己说错话)

08. have (got) to say
定义: 不得不说, 不得不承认.
例句: I have to say, you look terrific today. (我不得不说, 妳今天看起来好漂亮)

09. have had one's chips, to
定义: 完蛋了, 失败了, 死亡.
例句: McCain has had his chips in the US Presidential election. (麦肯恩在这次美国总统选战以失败告终)

10. have hegemony over, to
定义: 称霸, 统治; 拥有霸权, 支配权, 控制权.
例句: Mycenae had hegemony over most of the Aegean area at the time. It was the Mycenaean Civilization that fought the famous Trojan War of mythology. (迈锡尼在当时控制着爱琴海大部分的地区. 就是这个迈锡尼文明发动了神话中着名的特洛伊战争)
图片
发动了神话中着名的特洛伊战争的迈锡尼国王阿伽门农

11. have high hopes, to
定义: 寄予很大的期望.
例句: Todd has high hopes for his son, including a college education. (托德对他儿子寄予很大期望, 包括大学教育)

12. have horseshoes up one's ass, to
定义: [不雅语]运气好, 每次赢.
例句: Xiaofei's got horseshoes up his ass! He has won lotto prizes of $ 57,000, $ 100,000, $ 1 million and, most recently, $17 million. (小非运气真好! 他赢过五万七千元, 十万元, 一百万元以及, 最近的, 一千七百万元的乐透奖金)

13. have ice water in one's veins, to
定义: 镇定自若, 冷静以对, 冷酷, 铁石心肠, 无动于衷.
例句: People who knew Jack said he had ice water in his veins. He'd been revered and feared. (认识杰克的人们说, 他极為冷酷. 人们对他又敬又畏)

14. have in mind, to
定义: 打算要, 有计划要.
例句: What do you have in mind for your wife's birthday? (你太太的生日你打算要买什么礼物给她?)

15. have in store for, to
定义: 即将出现, 準备好.
例句: We have a surprise in store for her when she comes home tonight. (等她今晚回家时我们準备给她一个惊喜)

16. have intercourse with ..., to
定义: 与某人发生性关係.
例句: Tom at one time mentioned that his wife had had intercourse with several sexual partners before she met him. (汤姆曾一度提起他妻子在认识他之前曾经跟数个性伙伴发生性关係)

17. have issues with, to
定义: 受到某些问题所烦扰, 对某问题不满或不同意.
例句: I have issues with her attitude. (我对她的态度不满意)

18. have it all over someone, to
定义: 比某人优秀.
例句: Jane has it all over Mary when it comes to cooking Italian food. (在烹调义大利食物上, 珍要比玛莉做得更好)

19. have it all together, to
定义: 心智正常, 头脑清醒, 情绪稳定.
例句: I don't have it all together today. Let's talk about it tomorrow. (我今天头脑不是很清醒. 我们明天再讨论它吧)

20. have it all, to
定义: 应有尽有, 得到一切, 名利双收, 福寿俱全.
例句: I realize, we're living the good life and we have it all. Nothing's going to bring us down. (我瞭解到, 我们现在生活无忧无虑和应有尽有. 没有任何事情会让我们沮丧)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 43 访客