royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 525

帖子 royl » 周六 11月 22, 2014 10:09 pm

二十笔实用成语 525

01. have kittens, to
定义: [英国俚语]非常不痛快或大发脾气.
例句: Your mum will have kittens when she sees what you've done to your hair! (等你老妈看到你把你头髮弄成这个样子她肯定会大发脾气)

02. have little or no value, to
定义: 没有一点价值.
例句: The land has little or no value for agriculture and for grazing. (这片土地既没有农业价值也没有畜牧价值)

03. have little regard for ..., to
定义: 漠视..., 对...漠不关心, 不管死活.
例句: You drink like a fish. You seem to have little regard for your health. (你饮酒没节制. 你好像对你的健康漠不关心)

04. have mercy/pity (on), to
定义: 对别人同情/怜悯/发慈悲.
例句: That old man begged the policemen to have pity on him and let him go. (那个老人恳求这名警察可怜他, 放他走)

05. have never been in better shape, to
定义: 在极好的状况中, 从来就没有这麽好的状况.
例句: "How are you feeling?" "Never been in better shape." ("你还好吗?" "从来就没有这麽好的状况.")

06. have never been so easy, to
定义: 太容易, 从未没有这麽容易.
例句: I received quotes online and was able to make decisions in minutes. Car-shopping online has never been so easy! (我从网上接到报价然后在几分钟之内就能够做出决定. 在网上购买车子太容易了!)

07. have never seen so many ..., to
定义: 从来没有看到这麽多的...
例句: "I've never seen so many police officers run so fast" says pensioner who sparked a full-scale alert after handing a WWII mortar shell in to a police station. (这名退休老人说, "从没有看到这麽多跑这麽快的警官", 他因去警局缴交一枚二战使用的迫击砲弹而触发了全面戒备警报)

08. have a nice ring to it, to
定义: 听起来不错, 很好听.
例句: Shanshan, as your new baby girl's name, is very appropriate and has a nice ring to it. (取珊珊作为你新生女儿的名字非常适当并且很好听)

09. have no beef with ..., to
定义: 对...没有不满或抱怨.
例句: I have no beef with late night comedians who make fun of people but to air a segment of a kid's anti-Chinese hate speech is a different matter. (我对取笑人们的深夜喜剧演员没有什麽不满但播放一段小孩儿反华仇恨言论则属于另一码事)

10. have no business being here, to
定义: 你不应该到这裡, 你无权到这裡.
例句: I don't know who you are or who you think you are, you have no business being here. So get your grumpy behind out of here before I call the cops! (我不知道你是谁或者你自认为你是谁, 你无权来这裡. 所以在我报警之前你这个粗暴男子最好离开这裡!)

11. have no business doing something, to
定义: 这事你无权/没资格...
例句: You have no business telling me what I can and cannot wear! I'll wear whatever I like! (你没权力告诉我该穿或不该穿什麽衣服! 我高兴穿什麽就穿什麽!)

12. have no compunction, to
定义: 问心无愧, 没有良心不安, 毫无羞愧.
例句: He has no compunction about lying. Obviously, he has done it many times. (他对说谎毫无良心不安. 显然地, 他说了许多次谎了)

13. have no heart for, to
定义: 不喜欢, 无心于, 兴趣缺缺.
例句: I have no heart for sorry situations because I'm not good at consoling people. (我不喜欢那种令人难过的场面因为我不善于抚慰别人的伤痛)

14. have no idea, to
定义: 不知道. (注: 意指不知道这件事)
例句: I had no idea that you were actually buying it. I thought that you were just messing around. (我不知道你还真去买了它. 我以为你只是在逗我)

15. have no illusions, to
定义: 不抱幻想, 对...没有一厢情愿或错误的想法.
例句: I had no illusions about how much work the project would require. (我对这件工作项目所涉及的工作量不抱幻想. 注: 意指这件工作项目涉及到大量的工作)

16. have no inkling, to
定义: 一无所知, 一点线索都没有.
例句: I didn't have an inkling that you loved him. I didn't know! (我根本就不知道你爱他. 我真的不知道!)

17. have no intention to ..., to
定义: 完全无意去做...
例句: I had no intention to offend any of you and I apologize if anyone's sentiments are hurt. (我完全无意冒犯你们任何人, 如果我伤了任何人的情感我道歉)

18. have no knowledge of, to
定义: 不知道.
例句: He claimed to have no knowledge of the plan. (他声称他完全不知道这个计划. 注: 我们也可以将这句话翻译为: 他拒绝承认他知晓这个计划)

19. have no leads in the case, to
定义: 在这个桉件上一筹莫展, 毫无头绪, 进了死胡同.
例句: Police had no leads in the case and the case went cold. (警方在这个桉件上毫无头绪, 因此这件桉子就无法办下去)

20. have no means of support, to
定义: 没有/失去收入来源.
例句: They had no means of support after they lost their chicken farm. (在他们亏损掉养鸡场之后, 他们就失去了收入来源)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 90 访客