royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 526

帖子 royl » 周一 11月 24, 2014 2:48 pm

二十笔实用成语 526

01. have no place in a society, to
定义: 不被社会容忍.
例句: Murderers, rapists, child molesters and the like have no place in a society of sane, normal people. (谋杀犯, 强姦犯, 猥亵儿童犯以及其同类是不被一个心智健全和正常的人所组成的社会所容许的)

02. have no place to call home, to
定义: 无家可归, 流离失所.
例句: Karen, Gary and their young children had no place to call home when they came to the shelter for help last year. (当他们去年来到收容所寻求帮助的时候, 凯伦, 盖瑞和他们的儿女无家可归)

03. have no qualms, to
定义: 没有疑虑/犹豫, 不会良心不安, 没有罪恶感.
例句: I have no qualms about recommending her for the job. (我不会犹豫推荐她来做这个工作)

04. have no right to ..., to
定义: 没有正当或合法权利去...
例句: Although we have no right to impose our morality on others, we do have laws that forbid theft, murder, and damaging the property of others. (虽然我们无权将我们的道德标准强加在别人身上, 我们确实有禁止盗窃, 谋杀, 和毁损别人财物的法律)

05. have no stomach for, to
定义: 不喜欢, 不想, 不需要, 不能容忍.
例句: I tell you what, the cake looks delicious, but I'm afraid that I have no stomach for sweets right now. (我告诉你吧, 这块蛋糕看起来可口, 但我恐怕现在不想吃甜点)

06. have/hold/want no truck with, to
定义: 不与...交往, 不与...来往, 不与...打交道.
例句: After the way Marge treated me, I'll have no truck with her. (经过玛吉这麽样地对待我, 我不想跟她来往)

07. have no use for, to
定义: 不需要, 不喜欢, 用不着.
例句: Save your pity; I have no use for it! (收回你对我的怜悯; 我不需要它!)

08. have no way of knowing, to
定义: 不可能知道(此事).
例句: I had no way of knowing the motorcycle I bought was stolen. It came with the keys and the title; besides, there was no evidence of thievery. (我不可能知道这部摩托车是偷来的. 买车的时候也附带钥匙和所有权状; 此外, 我看不出来有盗窃的迹象)

09. have no words for, to
定义: 无法以语言表达, 无法形容, 瞠口结舌.
例句: I have no words for how grateful I am to have a friend like you. (有一个像你这样的朋友, 我无法以语言表达我的感恩)

10. have none of this, to
定义: 不允许, 拒绝容忍, 拒绝接受, 拒绝忍耐.
例句: Insecure parents often give in to their children but I'll have none of this back talk. (没有安全感的父母经常向他们儿女让步但我决不容许这样的回嘴)

11. have nookie, to
定义: [不雅语]性交, 发生性行为.
例句: All he wants to do is to have nookie, all the time! (他只想要的是性交, 无时无刻地!)

12. have not been ruled out, to
定义: 尚未被排除(发生的可能性).
例句: Unfortunately, resorting to legal action against him has been ruled out. (不幸地, 对他採取法律行动的可能性尚未被排除)

13. have not caught fire, to
定义: (某事)尚未炙手可热, 受欢迎; 尚未受到大众关注.
例句: Government spying on American citizens has sparked public outrage, but it has not caught fire as a major issue in this year's congressional election. (政府监听美国公民已经引起了公愤, 但它尚未成为今年国会选举受大众关注的主要议题)

14. have not heard/seen the last of someone/something, to
定义: 某人/某事或物阴魂不散, 没完没了地纠缠着你.
例句: You haven't seen the last of me! (我跟你没完没了!)

15. have not yet vs. have yet to
定义: [易溷淆字或片语]have not yet与have yet to两者是同义, 也就是还没有...的意思. 然而have not yet done something是现在完成式; 虽然have yet to do something与现在完成式同义但have yet to之后加上动词原型.

16. have nothing against, to
定义: 并不反对, 没理由反对.
例句: I have nothing against chocolate ice cream, actually, I love it. (我没理由反对吃巧克力冰淇淋, 事实上, 我爱吃它)

17. have nothing better to do, to
定义: 无聊, 无所事事, 没事可做.
例句: What, you were ticketed for driving too slow? These cops must have had nothing better to do. (什麽, 你吃了一张开车太慢的罚单? 这些警察简直太无聊了)

18. have nothing (left) to lose, to
定义: 已经一无所有, 已经没有什麽可以损失.
例句: Don't mess with desperate people, they have nothing left to lose. (别招惹走头无路的人, 他们已经没有什麽可以损失)

19. have nothing going for one, to
定义: 没搞头, 条件不好, 前途不看好.
例句: He had nothing going for him whatsoever, no money, no job, no promise. And yet John was one of the most amazing people I have ever met. (他那时候无论什麽条件都不好, 没钱, 没职业, 也没前途. 但约翰是我所遇到最令我惊奇的人之一)

20. have nothing in common, to
定义: (两者)毫无相同/共同/相似之处.
例句: They say opposites attract, Julie and I have nothing in common, can our relationship survive? (他们说异性相吸, 茱莉跟我毫无相同之处, 我们两人的关係能否长久?)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 62 访客