royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 528

帖子 royl » 周日 11月 30, 2014 8:50 pm

二十笔实用成语 528

01. have one's fingers/hand in the till, to
定义: 盗窃公款, 偷公司/店里的钱.
例句: I suspect she had her hand in the till but I'm waiting for more evidence. (我怀疑她盗窃公款但我在等待更多的证据)

02. have one's finger(s) in too many pies, to
定义: 同时参与太多事务. (注: 意指无法专心做好任何一件事)
例句: I can't get anything done because I have my finger in too many pies. (我没法做好任何事情因为我参与太多事务)

03. have one's hand in, to
定义: 积极参与; 干涉; 不停练习.
例句: I could tell Tom had had his hand in this the whole time but I led him to believe that I knew nothing about this. (我可以感觉出汤姆从头到尾都参与了这件事但我让他误以为我对此事一无所知)

04. have one's hands full, to
定义: 极端忙碌, 应接不暇.
例句: I'd like to help with this project but I've got my hands full. (我是想帮你做这个工作项目但我自己都忙得应接不暇)

05. have one's head in the clouds, to
定义: 不知所云; 朦胧不知, 不知道身边周遭发生的事情.
例句: He always has his head in the clouds and can never answer a question easily. (他总是朦胧不知, 从来就没法轻鬆地回答一个问题)

06. have one's head screwed on right/straight, to
定义: 具有良好判断能力, 不做蠢事.
例句: After reading the business plan, I'm impressed with the guy, he seems to have his head screwed on right. (读完了这个经营计划之后, 我对这个人印象不错, 他似乎具有良好的判断能力)

07. have one's head (stuck) up one's arse/ass, to
定义: [不礼貌语]愚蠢, 完全不瞭解周遭事务, 花太多时间着迷自己私事没时间想其他重要事情.
例句: In that case, could I speak to somebody who doesn't have his head up his ass? (如果是那样的话, 我能不能跟一个瞭解周遭事务的人讲话?)

08. have one's heart in it, to
定义: 全心投入某事, 热忱地承办某事.
例句: Tommy was fired from a job. He didn't have his heart in it, and it showed. (汤米被解雇了. 他工作不专心, 这点是可以看得出来的)

09. have one's heart in one's boots, to
定义: 很沮丧的, 情绪低落的.
例句: His heart was in his boots as he waited for news of the accident. (当他在等待车祸消息的时候, 他的情绪很低落)

10. have one's heart in one's mouth, to
定义: 极为激动, 兴奋, 惊吓, 恐惧, 惶恐不安.
例句: Driving in the rain last night, I had my heart in my mouth when my car hydroplaned and skidded off the road. (昨夜我雨中开车, 我车子在水面上漂行后来滑出道路把我吓得心脏差一点跳出胸口)

11. have one's heart in the right place, to
定义: 出于善意, 心存善念.
例句: I don't always do what is right, but my heart is in the right place. (我虽不永远做正确的事, 但我总是心存善念)

12. have one's heart/mind set on, to
定义: 渴望, 执意要, 属意于, 心意已决要做某事或取得某物.
例句: She is beautiful and good-hearted, but I already have my heart set on someone else. (她美丽又善良, 但我的心已经属意别人)

13. have one's knife into someone, to
定义: 怨恨某人, 总想找机会报复或伤害他.
例句: Mike's had his knife into me ever since he found out I was seeing his ex-girlfriend. (自从他发现我跟他的前女友约会之后, 麦克总是想找机会报复我)

14. have one's name in lights, to
定义: 出人头地, 功成名就.
例句: I want to see my name in lights for writing this book! (我希望看到我写的这本书取得成功!)

15. have one's nose in a book, to
定义: 埋头读书.
例句: Your nose is always in a book. You need to get out, and get plenty of fresh air and exercise. (你总是埋头读书. 你需要走出去, 呼吸大量的新鲜空气和锻鍊身体)

16. have one's nose in something, to
定义: 好管閒事, 过分好奇.
例句: She always has her nose in other people's private business where it doesn't belong. (她总是好管那些跟她不相关的别人私事)

17. have/stick one's nose in the air, to
定义: 把头抬得高高的, 自以为高人一等, 不理睬别人.
例句: Jason thinks he is some big shot. He reminds me of Mussolini when I see him sticking his nose in the air. (杰生自认为是个大人物. 当我看到他把头抬得高高的时候, 他让我想起了墨索里尼)
图片
二战期间与希特勒同盟的义大利独裁者, 墨索里尼

18. get/have/put one's nose out of joint, to
定义: 鼻子都气歪了, 恼怒或不痛快尤其用于被人蔑视, 忽视或羞辱.
例句: Now, don't get your nose out of joint. She didn't mean it. (唉, 别生气. 她的话不是针对你的)

19. have/get one's (own) way, to
定义: 为所欲为, 随心所欲, 按自己喜欢方法去做事.
例句: Our two-year-old daughter often screams until she get her own way. (我们的两岁大女儿经常大哭大叫直到我们让她为所欲为才停下来)

20. have one's period, to
定义: 经期来了, 月事来了.
例句: Generally speaking, a woman is unlikely to become pregnant while she is having her period. (一般来说, 当一个女人月事来的时候, 她不可能会怀孕)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 68 访客