royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 529

帖子 royl » 周四 12月 04, 2014 11:16 am

二十笔实用成语 529

01. have one's pick, to
定义: 由自己来挑选.
例句: Most restaurants offer take-out and delivery options nowadays, so you can have your pick of any type of food with little effort on your part. (现今大部分的餐厅都提供外卖和送餐服务的选择, 因此对你来说, 你可以轻而易举挑选任何种类的食物)

02. have one's say, to
定义: 有决定权, 发言权, 影响力.
例句: We won't make a decision until all members have had their say. (直到所有成员发表他们意见之后我们才会做决定)

03. have one's sights set on something, to
定义: 将目标/展望/未来/前程放在某人, 事或物上.
例句: She has her sights set on becoming a family doctor. (她希望成为一名家庭医生. 注: 这句话也可以写成: She wants to become a family doctor.)

04. have one's tail up, to
定义: 翘起尾巴, 意气风发, 信心十足.
例句: After learning that he has passed the state bar examination yesterday, Tom had his tail up this morning. (昨天在得知他通过了本州律师资格考试之后, 今天早上汤姆意气风发)

05. have one's way with, to
定义: 与异性发生性行为.
例句: He invited her up to his apartment, hoping to have his way with her. (他邀请她去他的公寓, 希望跟她发生性行为)

06. have one's wires crossed, to
定义: 弄不清楚, 弄错, 误解某个情况.
例句: If you think there's a meeting today, you really have your wires crossed; it's next Wednesday. (如果你认为今天要开会的话, 你弄错了时间; 应该是下个星期三)

07. have/keep one's wits about one, to
定义: 在危机中保持冷静, 机智, 机警, 灵敏.
例句: I've got to have my wits about me, or I can't figure out a way to do it. (我必须要保持冷静和机智, 否则我没法想出一个办法来做它)

08. have one's work cut out for one, to
定义: 被指派工作, 面临一个艰难, 忙碌的任务.
例句: Well, looks like I have my work's cut out for me for the next few months. (好傢伙, 看样子我未来几个月的工作都被安排好了)

09. have oneself a ..., to
定义: [道别祝福语]祝你有一个... (例如: have yourself a good time, 祝你有一个快乐时光)
例句: Have yourself a happy holiday season. (祝你有一个快乐的假日季节)

10. have only to
定义: 只需, 只需...就能...
例句: I'm happy to help. You have only to ask. (我很乐意帮助你. 你只需跟我说一声即可)

11. have other fish to fry, to
定义: 还有别的事情我要做或要关切.
例句: I have other fish to fry. I won't waste time on your long-winded ramblings. (我还有别的事情要做. 我不想浪费时间在你没完没了的瞎扯)

12. have/take pride of place, to
定义: 放在显着位置可供许多人观看.
例句: A framed college diploma takes pride of place on his office wall. (在他办公室牆上显着的位置挂着一幅裱入框内的大学毕业文凭)

13. have prior knowledge of, to
定义: 事先知情; 已具备的知识.
例句: If a stair was loose and you had prior knowledge of the hazard but didn't tell the sublessor, then you could be responsible for the medical bills of someone who got hurt. (如果屋内一个楼梯鬆动而你也事先对此危险知情但没有告知转租人的话, 你有可能要对摔伤的受害者负起支付医疗费用的责任)

14. have pull with, to
定义: 对某人具有影响力.
例句: Do you know anyone who has some pull with the bank manager? I need a credit card. (你知道有谁对这家银行的经理具有影响力? 我需要办一张信用卡)

15. have recourse to, to
定义: 再不济还有...可依赖或求助于.
例句: You will always have recourse to the money your father left you. (你总还可以依赖你父亲留给你的钱)

16. have rocks in one's head, to
定义: 表现劣质的判断能力, 愚昧的行为.
例句: She really has rocks in her head. She should never have bought that old car. (她判断能力真差. 她完全不应该买那部老车)

17. have room for improvements, to
定义: 仍有改善的空间.
例句: Although I feel better than I have in years, I still have room for improvements for my health. (虽然我现在感觉比过去几年要好些, 我的健康仍然有改善的空间)

18. have rooms to let, to
定义: 吉屋出租. (注: 在此let与rent出租同义)
例句: I'm going to have this house to let for $1350 a month. (我准备要把这栋房子以一千三百五十块钱一个月租出去)

19. have rough edges, to
定义: 尚未完工, 仍有毛边; (指某人)虽技术粗糙但具有潜力, 可造之材.
例句: As a second-year teacher, Michael is showing a lot of promise, but he still has some rough edges even though he has worked hard to refine his teaching skills. (作为第二年的教师, 麦克尔展现出光明的前景, 但他还是有粗糙的一面儘管他努力地改善他的教学技巧)

20. have second thoughts, to
定义: 改变主意; 对先前的意见产生疑虑.
例句: You're not having second thoughts about coming to Dallas to visit me, are you? (你不会改变来达拉斯看我的主意吧?)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 66 访客