royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 530

帖子 royl » 周五 12月 12, 2014 4:20 pm

二十笔实用成语 530

01. have seen it all before, to
定义: 什麽场面都见过.
例句: Generally speaking, when it comes to litigation, I have seen it all before. Nothing is going to surprise me. (说到打官司, 总的来说, 我什麽场面都见过. 没有什麽事情会吓我一跳)

02. have seen/known better days, to
定义: 老旧, 年华已去, 过气的. (注: 意指过去还不错, 现在已经老旧不堪)
例句: This jacket has seen better days. Look how the sleeves are worn. (这件夹克已经老旧. 看它的袖口都磨坏了)

03. have sex with ..., to
定义: 与...发生性行为.
例句: Although you never want to force your girlfriend to have sex with you, you can always soothe some of her fears and reassure her that you really are a person she can fully trust. (虽然你决不想强迫你的女友跟你发生性行为, 你总可以安抚她的一些恐惧并向她保证你是个完全可以信赖之人)

04. have someone by the short and curlies, to
定义: 抓住别人的把柄, 将某人控制的死死.
例句: They've got me by the short and curlies. I have no choice but to agree. (他们抓住了我的把柄. 我别无选择只好同意)

05. have someone dead to rights, to
定义: 证据确凿; 撞见某人正在做坏事, 逮个正着.
例句: I had him dead to rights stealing money from my wallet. (我撞见他从我的皮夹子偷钱)

06. have someone fooled, to
定义: 矇骗某人, 煳弄某人.
例句: I'm so sorry I wasn't there to help you through this one, you had me fooled with your happiness. (实在抱歉我没有陪着你帮你渡过这段难过的日子, 你表面的快乐让我误以为你情况不错)

07. have someone for breakfast, to
定义: 轻易把某人击败. (注: 英语说把某人当餐点吃表示某人太弱只有被痛宰的份)
例句: Don't even think about beating Tommy at basketball. He'll have you for breakfast. (你想都别想要在篮球上击败汤米. 他会痛宰你)

08. have someone going, to
定义: 要某人去办事; 令某人...; 一时让某人信以为真; 使某人产生性冲动或令某人着迷; 让某人兴奋或愤怒.
例句: You had me going for a minute there when you said dad had been looking for me. (当你说我爸爸在找我的时候我一时还信以为真)

09. have someone in stitches, to
定义: 使某人捧腹大笑.
例句: Helen's story had dad in stitches. I haven't seen him laugh that hard in ages. (海伦的故事令爸爸捧腹大笑. 我好久没看见他笑得这麽开心)

10. have someone in the palm of your hand/have someone eating out of the palm of your hand, to
定义: 将某人玩于股掌中, 听命顺从某人.
例句: She had the audience in the palm of her hand from the moment she stepped on the rostrum. (就在她步上演讲台的一刹那, 她将听众引入了她所掌控的世界裡. 注: 意指听众对她像着了魔似的)

11. have someone/something in tow, to
定义: 有某人作跟随; 拖曳物品/车/船/等等.
例句: That truck has a boat in tow. (那部卡车拖着一条船)
图片
拖着船的卡车

12. have someone in your corner, to
定义: 取得某人来为你助阵, 支援.
例句: Thank you bro. I'm so lucky to have you in my corner. (感谢你兄弟. 我很幸运有你来助阵)

13. have someone on a string, to
定义: 完全控制某人, 操纵某人.
例句: If she kept him on a string, he wouldn't have gotten involved with other women. (如果她把他控制得牢牢的话, 他就不会跟别的女人有染)

14. have someone on hand, to
定义: 某人已准备好, 随时可以工作.
例句: We always have someone on hand to help with any technical support that you may need. (我们一直有人待命随时可以协助任何你所需要的技术支援)

15. have someone on the run, to
定义: 击败某人, 击溃, 击退某人.
例句: We have to have him on the run, so we don't have to worry about him anymore. (我们必须要击溃他, 如此我们再也不必担心他了)

16. have someone on your team, to
定义: 取得某人的助拳, 邀请某人加入你的团队.
例句: Get well soon, we couldn't wait to have you on our team. (早日康复, 我们迫不及待地欢迎你加入我们的团队)

17. have someone on, to
定义: 逗某人.
例句: She’s not really angry at you, she’s just having you on. (其实她并不是生你的气, 她只是逗你玩)

18. get/have someone over a barrel, to
定义: 致人陷入困境; 要胁某人; 令某人听凭你的摆佈.
例句: She knows I need the work so she's got me over a barrel in terms of what she pays me. (她知道我需要这个工作所以她拿付我多少钱来要胁我)

19. have someone over, to
定义: 邀请某人来你家做客.
例句: We will have you over when we settle into our new house. (等我们在我们新屋安顿好了之后我们会邀请你来做客)

20. have someone with you, to
定义: 有访客, 有某人作陪或相伴.
例句: I'm afraid the Miss Gu has a customer with her at the moment. Please take a seat and wait over there. (抱歉, 顾小姐现在正协助一位客户. 请你在那儿坐下来等她)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 81 访客