royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 531

帖子 royl » 周日 12月 14, 2014 8:21 pm

二十笔实用成语 531

01. have someone's back, to
定义: 护卫某人; 准备与某人一起战斗; 替某人掠阵.
例句: Don't worry, I've got your back. (别怕, 我会保护你)

02. have someone's ear, to
定义: 取得某人的信任或偏爱.
例句: Mike has the boss's ear and could put in a good word for you. (麦克深得老闆的信任, 他可以为你美言几句)

03. have someone's guts for garters, to
定义: [幽默语]严惩某人, 修理某人.
例句: If I catch you smoking again I'll have your guts for garters. (如果我再抓到你抽烟的话, 我会好好地修理你)

04. have/tan someone's hide, to
定义: 狠揍或惩罚某人一顿.
例句: I'll have your hide if I catch you taking something without paying for it. (如果我抓到你拿了东西不付钱的话, 我会狠狠地揍你一顿)

05. have someone's name on it, to
定义: 目标是某人; 非某人莫属, 某人情有独锺的.
例句: When we were in a firefight, I was always afraid that some bullet had my name on it. (每当我们跟敌人交火的时候, 我总是害怕某颗子弹的目标就是我)

06. have someone's number, to
定义: 摸清某人的底细, 知道或瞭解某人的个性/性格/作风/能力.
例句: I'm not worried about Tom. I've got his number and I know what to expect. (我不担心汤姆. 我瞭解他的个性, 知道他会干什麽)

07. have something against, to
定义: 反对, 有理由反对.
例句: I still have a grudge against my former boss. (我仍然怀恨我的前任老闆)

08. have something back, to
定义: 要回自己的某事或物.
例句: The rental car was fun to drive but its so nice to have my own car back. (这部租来的车开起来很过瘾但我更欢喜拿回自己的车子)

09. have something down cold, to
定义: 背得滚瓜烂熟, 极为熟稔.
例句: I have this poem down cold. (我把这首诗背得滚瓜烂熟)

10. have something down pat, to
定义: 彻底学好, 背得滚瓜烂熟, 熟络到不必想就可以做或说出来.
例句: I had my answers down pat, but I knew there could be some questions on the test that I hadn't thought of. (我把我的答桉很快地写出来, 但我知道这个考试有些题目我还没有考虑周全)

11. have something going with someone, to
定义: 与某人有暧昧关係, 与某人发生性关係.
例句: I'm suspecting she has something going with one of her students. (我怀疑她跟她的一个学生有暧昧关係)

12. have something hanging over your head, to
定义: 烦恼将要来到的威胁或危险.
例句: I keep worrying about my car breaking down on me. I hate to have something like that hanging over my head. (我一直烦恼我车子的抛锚问题. 我很不愿意像这样的事情一直烦扰着我)

13. have something in common with someone, to
定义: 某个方面与某人有相似之处.
例句: It looks like you and I have something in common. We both like watching TV dating shows. (看样子你和我有在某些方面有相似之处. 我们都喜欢看电视相亲节目)

14. have something in hand, to
定义: 手头上握有某物; 情况掌握中.
例句: I've got enough money in hand to buy a new car. (我手上已经有足够买一部新车的钱)

15. have something on hand, to
定义: 某物已准备好, 随时可以使用或卖出.
例句: Another super hot item right now are 2-in-1 laptop-tablets and we have plenty of them on hand for you to choose from. (另一件最近极受欢迎的商品是笔记本-平板二合一电脑, 我们有充足的货品供您选择)

16. have something on one's hands, to
定义: 有待处理事务, 负责处理事务.
例句: Sometimes I have a large number of unwanted records on my hands. (有时候我有大量的没人要的唱片等着我处置)

17. have something on one's mind, to
定义: 正在思考某事, 正在烦恼某事.
例句: "What’s wrong, Tom? Do you have something on your mind?" "Yeah, Mark. My girlfriend is pregnant and I don’t know what to do!" ("你怎麽了, 汤姆? 你在烦恼些什麽?" "是的, 马克. 我女朋友怀孕了, 我不知道该怎麽办!")

18. have something on someone, to
定义: 取得/握有对某人不利的密秘, 证据或把柄.
例句: I think that the police have something on him and that is why he wants to quit his job. (我想警方握有对他不利的证据, 这就是为什麽他想要辞去他工作的原因)

19. have something on the ball, to
定义: 对某事有能力有学识. (注: on the ball意为有能力的, 适任的)
例句: We should hire her. She has a lot on the ball. (我们应该雇用她. 她能力很强)

20. have something on the brain, to
定义: 一直想着/思考着/谈着某事.
例句: You've got cars on the brain. Can't we talk about something else for a change? (你一直谈着车子. 我们能不能换个话题聊聊别的事情?)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 89 访客