royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 533

帖子 royl » 周六 12月 20, 2014 3:39 am

二十笔实用成语 533

01. have the decency, to
定义: 有教养, 通情达理, 言行得体.
例句: At least she has the decency to shake your hand when you offer. (起码在你伸出手的时候, 她还是有教养地握你的手)

02. have the devil's own job doing something/have the devil's own job to do something, to
定义: 历尽千辛万苦做某差事.
例句: I had the devil's own job finding a parking space around here. (为了在这附近找停车位子我吃了不少苦头)

03. have the face to..., to
定义: 居然还有脸去..., 厚颜无耻地去...
例句: I don't know how you have the face to complain after everything they've done for you! (我真不明白他们为你做了这麽多的事你居然还有脸去抱怨他们!)

04. have the final/last say, to
定义: 敲板定桉, 做最后决定. (注: final say意为最后的决定)
例句: In our family, my wife has the final say on our major purchases. (在我们家裡, 主要的购买是由我太太做最后决定)

05. have the final/last word, to
定义: (于讨论或争论中)做最后的辩护; 对某事做最后决定.
例句: Jack is difficult to get along with because he always has to have the last word. (杰克不好相处因为他老是不停地争论. 注: 如果在争论上某人老是做最后的辩护无异是代表此人不服输, 硬是要争论到底)

06. have the first crack at something, to
定义: 第一次去尝试; 得到第一个机会去尝试某事.
例句: I want first crack at solving the problem. (我想第一个尝试解决这个问题)

07. have the floor, to
定义: 给你对大家演讲的机会.
例句: You have the floor, Ming. Please tell us about your idea. (明, 轮到你跟大家讲话. 请你告诉我们你的想法)

08. have the gall, to
定义: 胆大包天, 厚颜无耻.
例句: I can't believe she had the gall to ask for another day off. (我不敢相信她居然有胆子要求再休一天假)

09. have the (good) grace, to
定义: 行事风度大方, 礼貌, 得体.
例句: She has the good grace to listen to everyone's complaints. (她礼貌地倾听每个人的抱怨)

10. have the guts, to
定义: 带种, 有勇气, 有种.
例句: I didn't have the guts to confront him. (我不敢当面质问他)

11. have the heart to do something, to
定义: 有勇气或忍得下心去做某事.
例句: I didn't have the heart to tell her the truth, so I made up something as I left. (我忍不下心告诉她真相, 所以我编造一个藉口就离开了)

12. have the inside track, to
定义: 佔优势, 居于有利的位置. (注: inside track意为内侧跑道也是有利的位置)
例句: Since your brother works for the owner's son, you should have the inside track on the new job. (既然你哥哥给这个老闆的儿子工作, 这个新工作你应该佔有优势)

13. have the last laugh, to
定义: 取得最后的胜利, 成功. (注: 意指谁最终胜利才会最后欢笑)
例句: I had the last laugh, though, because I went to eBay and got a better computer and monitor with faster shipping for $100 less than my Dell. (由于我去eBay买到性能更好的电脑和显示器以及更迅速交货, 价格比我的戴尔电脑还便宜一百块钱, 总之我还是取得了最后的胜利)

14. have the law on one's side, to
定义: 合法, 在法律上站得住脚, 在法律上是有利的.
例句: I don't think his right to make a living takes precedence over my right not to be annoyed, especially when the law is on my side. (我不认为他的谋生权利优先于我的不被打扰的权利尤其是此时在法律上我是站得住脚的)

15. have the law on someone, to
定义: 到法庭控告某人.
例句: Tom had a tenant go after him for "attempted rape", and had the law on him. This truth is that he tried aggressively to collect from this tenant who was way behind on the rent. (汤姆致使他一名房客以"强姦未遂罪"控告他来寻求报复. 事实上他操之过急地努力催讨这名房客拖欠甚久的房租)

16. have the luck of the devil, to
定义: 极幸运, 运气极好, 走狗屎运.
例句: I guess we had the luck of the devil today – a severe weather warning out for part of highway 71 and yet we had warm sunshine all of the way. (我想我们今天相当幸运 – 一份针对七十一号公路部分地区的恶劣天气警报而我们一路上却是暖和晴朗的天气)

17. have the makings of, to
定义: 具有...所需的潜力或条件; 具有...特殊的组合, 模式或性质.
例句: Mrs. Darcy has the makings of a good teacher. She explains things well. (达尔西太太具有一名优秀教师的条件. 她善于把事情说明清楚)

18. have the right to, to
定义: 有正当或合法权利去...
例句: I think that my question is completely justified. I have the right to know what's in my food. (我认为我的问题是完全正当的. 我有权利知道我的食物裡放了些什麽)

19. get/have the shivers, to
定义: 战慄, 毛骨悚然, 提心吊胆.
例句: When she stared at me, I got the shivers all over. (当她瞪着我的时候, 我全身毛骨悚然)

20. have the time of one's life, to
定义: 极愉快的经验, 玩得好痛快.
例句: We went to Harbin last winter and had the time of our lives. (我们去年冬天到哈尔滨旅游, 我们玩得好痛快)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 58 访客