royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

"Better than I" 还是 "better than me"?

帖子 royl » 周一 3月 09, 2015 10:30 pm

"Better than I" 还是 "better than me"?

Question(问题)
Which is correct, better than I or better than me? — Idrees, Pakistan
"Better than I" 或 "better than me"到底哪个是正确的?

Answer(韦氏字典英语语言学习出版总监Jane Mairs女士解答)
Grammarians have been struggling over "better than I" vs. "better than me" for hundreds of years, and they are not likely to settle the issue anytime soon.
过去几百年来, 文法学者一直在争论"better than I" 与 "better than me"两者哪一个是正确的, 而且他们也不可能在近期内能够解决这个纷争.

Fortunately, there are two simple rules you can follow that will keep you sounding natural and appropriate to native speakers.
幸好, 有两个简单的法则你可以遵循使你的英语听起来既正常又被英语为母语者视为恰当的.

Formal written English: Better than I (正统书面英文应为: Better than I)
In written English, especially in a formal document such as a business letter or a school assignment, most native speakers believe that the subject pronouns I, he, she, we, and they are correct after than. Therefore, if you want to sound educated and correct, it is safer to use "better than I."
在书写英文上, 尤其是正规文件裡诸如商业信函或学校作业裡, 大多母语为英语者相信主格代名词的I, he, she, we, 和 they 置于than之后是正确的. 因此, 如果你想你的英语听起来是受过良好教育的以及符合文法的话, 使用"better than I"是牢靠的.

Conversational English: Better than me (会话英语应为: Better than I)
In everyday conversation, however, or in text messages and informal emails, most native speakers use the object pronouns me, him, her, us, and them (even if they tell you that they don't), and if you say "better than I" many people will think that it sounds unnatural and awkward and possibly even pretentious. So in conversation, I recommend that you stick with "better than me."
然而在日常的交谈裡或发短信的留言裡以及非正式的电子邮件裡, 大多数的母语为英语者使用受格代名词的me, him, her, us, 和 them (即使他们告诉你他们不使用这些受格代名词), 如果你说"better than I", 许多人会认为它听起来不自然, 不合时宜, 甚至是跩文来标榜自己的学问. 所以在英语会话裡, 我建议你还是继续使用"better than me"吧.

I hope this is helpful.
我希望这些解释能帮助你.

来源: http://www.learnersdictionary.com/qa/be ... er-than-me

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Bing [Bot] 和 68 访客