royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 541

帖子 royl » 周四 3月 26, 2015 10:38 pm

二十笔实用成语 541

01. head off, to
定义: 去某处; 挡住, 阻止前进, 防止某事发生.
例句: I just finished part 1 of Beginning Spanish lessons and I'm heading off to Mexico for a two-week trip practicing Spanish. (我才刚读完了初级西班牙语课程的第一部分, 我正准备去墨西哥旅游两个星期练习西班牙语)

02. head out, to
定义: 离开, 去某个地方; 朝向外面对准或瞄准.
例句: It is time that we head out for the movie now or we will be late. (我们现在就该去电影院否则我们就会迟到)

03. head over ears in debt, be
定义: 债台高筑, 负债累累.
例句: For months he had been living far beyond his means and he was head over ears in debt. (过去几个月来他生活豪奢, 因此他负债累累)

04. head over ears in love, be
定义: 深爱, 陷入热恋.
例句: She disliked him, resented him, disapproved of almost everything about him, yet she was head over ears in love with him. (她不喜欢他, 厌恶他, 几乎反对一切有关他的事, 但是她却深爱着他)

05. head over heels
定义: 极度地; 极深地; 神魂颠倒地; 翻筋斗, 头下脚上地.
例句: She fell head over heels in love with the guy that she met at the party last week. (她跟她上星期在派对裡所邂逅的男子陷入热恋)

06. head restraint, a
定义: [汽车术语]头枕. (注: 意指车子座位上面的厚实的头垫防止撞车时伤害到颈椎)
例句: Head restraints are attached into the top of each seat to limit the rearward movement of the adult occupant's head to prevent whiplash. (附设在每个座椅上的头枕用来限制成人乘客头部往后的移动以便防止急性颈椎扭伤)
图片
头枕

07. head someone off at the pass, to
定义: 阻止或拦截某人.
例句: I must stop Tom before he makes a monkey out of himself. I'll head him off at the pass. (我必须要阻止汤姆让他自己出丑. 我会中途拦截他)

08. head up, to
定义: 领先, 领导, 带领.
例句: I was asked to head up a group of students to work with the zookeepers in our city zoo. (我被请求带领一队学生跟我们市立动物园管理员一起工作)

09. headed for ..., be
定义: 去某地的, 朝某方向的.
例句: We were on a plane headed for Wuhan to visit Yellow Crane Tower, one of the most renowned towers south of the Yangtze River. (我们搭机飞往武汉市游览黄鹤楼, 一座长江以南最负胜名的楼阁之一)
图片
黄鹤楼

10. headed for big trouble, be
定义: 将有大麻烦, 将进入大麻烦.
例句: We are headed for big trouble, we must get our heads out of the sand and come up with a viable solution. (我们将有大麻烦了, 我们必须面对问题以及找出一个切实可行的解决方桉)

11. Heads I win, tails you lose.
[成语句型](掷硬币)如果是头我赢, 如果是尾你输. (注: 意指逗人的打赌因为不论何样结果你都赢)

12. Heads or tails?
定义: 头或尾? 正面还是反面? (注: 意指掷硬币打赌, 选钱币的哪一面决胜负)
例句: "Heads or tails?" Mike asked as he flipped the coin. ("正面还是反面?" 麦克一面问我一面抛硬币)

13. heads up
定义: [警告语]警告别人注意危险或要人小心.
例句: Someone yelled "Heads Up!" and I covered my head with my arm. The volleyball landed on me and hit my arm, instead of my head. (有人喊"小心!" 我用手臂遮住我的头部. 这隻排球打到我, 敲到我的手臂, 还好没打到我的头)

14. heads will roll/heads are going to roll
定义: 有人将会被严惩. (注: 意指因为有人犯下大错)
例句: When the company's year-end results are known, heads will roll. (等到公司的年终结算出炉的时候, 有人将会被惩处)

15. health nut
定义: 健康痴. (注: 一个吃健康食品, 不停的运动, 痴迷健康的人)
例句: Gary is a health nut. He eats fruit and granola, and jogs five to ten miles every day. (盖瑞是一个健康痴. 他常吃水果和穀麦并且每天慢跑五至十英哩)
图片
穀麦
图片
穀麦条

16. healthful vs. healthy
定义: [易溷淆字或片语]healthful(形容词)对健康有帮助的; healthy(形容词)身体健康的.

17. healthy as a horse, be (as)
定义: 健壮的.
例句: "How are you feeling today?" I asked, knowing full well that he is healthy as a horse. ("你今天感觉如何?" 我问候他, 儘管明明知道他身体情况良好)

18. heap coals of fire on someone's head, to
定义: (以德报怨)使某人忏悔, 惭愧.
例句: I want to stop another recurrence of tit for tat, I'm going to heap coals of fire on his head by helping him out this time. (我想停止冤冤相报. 我这次准备要助他一臂之力来以德报怨)

19. heap praise on ..., to
定义: 对...推崇, 讚不绝口.
例句: Heaping praise on kids is a natural tendency for many parents. But inflated praise may very well be turning children into narcissists. (对儿女讚不绝口是父母的自然行为倾向. 但是过份的讚扬可能正好造成小朋友成为自恋者)

20. hear a peep out of, to
定义: 听到微弱的声音. (注: 经常用于否定语气上, 例如: don't let me hear another peep out of you; 别让我听到你一点声音)
例句: Be quiet! I don't want to hear a single peep out of you! (安静! 我不想听到你发出一点声音!)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 45 访客