回复
royl
帖子: 1766
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 542

帖子 royl » 周日 3月 29, 2015 7:24 pm

二十笔实用成语 542

01. hear about, to
定义: 听到/听说某人或某事. (注: 经常用于现在完成式, 例如: Have you heard about him? 你听过他吗?)
例句: A week had passed before we heard about the incident. (我们在这个事件发生了一个星期之后才听到此事)

02. hear crickets, to
定义: 某人说的话不能引起共鸣或认同. (注: 意指由于无人反应或认同你的话顿时室内安静下来可以听到外面蟋蟀声)
例句: If you do everything else right but get the main message wrong, you'll be hearing crickets. (如果你其他每个步骤都做对了但是把主要讯息搞错了, 你就不会引起别人的共鸣)

03. hear from, to
定义: 接到某人的信函或电话, 跟你联络; 从某人或媒体听到.
例句: I haven't heard from my college roommate for over one year. (我大学室友有一年多没跟我联络了)

04. hear of, to
定义: 予以考虑; 欣然聆听, 同意; 听闻过.
例句: He's probably a famous actor in that country, but this is the first time I've ever heard of him. (他也许在那个国家是一位名演员, 但这是我第一次听到他的名字)

05. hear someone out, to
定义: 听某人把话说完, 让某人把整件事说完.
例句: I know you don't agree but hear me out. (我知道你不同意我的意见但请让我把话说完)

06. hear something on/through the grapevine, to
定义: 听人传言, 道听途说, 听来的小道消息.
例句: I heard through the grapevine that you're moving to Chengdu. Is it true? (我听人传言你要移居到成都. 是不是真的?)

07. hear the last of it, to
定义: 到此为止, 不会再受到...的纠缠.
例句: We'll never hear the last of it if we pay her the money she demands for. (我们要是付给她所索求的钱的话, 她会跟我们没完没了地纠缠)

08. hear things, to
定义: 幻听, 听到不存在的声音.
例句: Did you hear that? Am I hearing things? (你听到那个声音吗? 我是不是在幻听?)

09. Hear! Hear!
[成语句型]同意! 同意! (注: 意指表示赞成)

10. heart goes out to someone, one's
定义: 为某人不幸遭遇而难过, 同情某人不幸.
例句: My heart goes out to the victims of the hurricane that recently struck. (我非常同情那些被最近颱风肆虐遭到伤亡的受害者)

11. heart is in one's boots, one's
定义: 意气消沉, 心情难过, 惶恐不安.
例句: Tom’s heart was in his boots as he waited for news of the accident. (汤姆惶恐不安地等待这件意外事故消息)

12. heart is knocking, one's
定义: 忐忑不安, 惶恐不安; 激动莫名.
例句: My heart was knocking on my ribs and I drew a deep breath before answering her question. (我极为忐忑不安, 我先深深地吸了一口气然后回答她的问题)

13. heart is not in it, one's
定义: 心不在焉, 三心两意.
例句: He wasn't dumb at all. He failed the test because his heart was not in it. (他一点都不笨. 他这次考试不及格是因为他不专心读书. 注: 这裡的"不专心读书"与"心不在焉"同义但比较贴切)

14. heart leaps, one's
定义: 欢欣雀跃.
例句: Our hearts leapt when we heard that we had won the contract. (当我们听到我们赢得了这笔合同我们欢欣雀跃)

15. heart melts, one's
定义: 产生爱意, 爱心, 怜意, 怜悯; 让我心灵融化.
例句: When I read your letter my heart melted. You are blessed to have a husband who cares about you so much. (当我读你信的时候我的心都融化了. 你得到了上天的祝福拥有一位极为关爱你的丈夫)

16. heart of stone, to have a
定义: 铁石心肠.
例句: She has a heart of stone and is not at all interested in how other people feel. (她有一副铁石心肠, 根本不顾别人的感受)

17. heart of the matter, the
定义: 事务/问题的核心.
例句: The heart of the matter is not about his failure, but about the fact that he could have done something during the last four years and he chose to do nothing. (问题的核心并不是有关他的失败, 而是有关在过去四年中他有机会努力以赴但他却选择无所作为)

18. heart rules the head, the
定义: 随心所欲. (注: 意指理智被情绪或欲望所取代)
例句: The heart rules the head, disaster follows. This is what happens when the emotions speak at times without listening to the voice of reason. (随心所欲的后果就是随之而来的灾难. 这就是当情绪主导的同时理智受到蒙蔽所导致的结局)

19. heart sinks, one's
定义: 心都凉了半截, 变为难过, 忧虑或失望.
例句: My heart sank when I opened the letter and realized I had not been accepted into graduate school. (当我打该信函并瞭解我没有被研究所录取的时候, 我的心都凉了半截)

20. hearts and minds of ..., the
定义: 一群人的全心全力支持.
例句: Winning the hearts and minds of consumers is first and foremost a matter of being gentle on their wallets. (赢取消费者全心的支持首要课题是减轻他们的花费)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 35 访客