royl
帖子: 1778
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1257

帖子 royl » 周五 5月 24, 2024 1:06 pm

二十笔实用成语 1257

01. don't turn your back on me
定义: 别离弃我; 别对我漠不关心.
例句: Don't turn your back on her. She's lost her way and she's so depressed; she desperately needs your attention. (别对她漠不关心. 她迷失了方向, 而且很沮丧; 她急需要你的关怀)

02. don't believe a word of it
定义: 千万别相信; 一点也不信.
例句: Yes, I've heard the story, but I don't believe a word of it. Cheryl is a reputable lady and I don't believe she would do such a thing. (是的, 我听说了这件 事, 但我一点也不信. 雪瑞儿是一位受人尊敬的女士, 我不相信她会做出这种事)

03. don't take this the wrong way
定义: 千万别误会; 听了别生气; 别会错意.
例句: Don't take this the wrong way, but I think you could find a better boyfriend. (你听了别生气, 我认为你可以找到一个更好的男友)

04. it didn't go down well
定义: 反映奇差; 不被接受; 效果糟糕; 进展不顺利.
例句: Tired of their double standards, the girl decided to clap back with some sarcastic humor, but it didn't go down well with her parents. (厌倦了他们的双重标准, 这名女孩决定用一些讽刺性的幽默来 回应, 但她的父母并不接受她这种幽默)

05. just for today
定义: 就今天一天. (注: 可用于明天不会再有同样的机会或明天不会再来找你麻烦)
例句: Just for today, you're not smoking. Don't worry about a week or a month or a year. Just one day at a time. (就今天一天你不抽烟. 别担心能不能戒一星期, 一个月或一年的烟. 能戒一天算一天)

06. you must be a fool to believe that
定义: 只有傻瓜才会相信那套说词; 你真傻, 竟然会相信那件事. (注: 这句话第一个字, you, 并不是用来指第二人称的你或妳; 它 也可以用来泛指一般人)
例句: You must be a fool to believe the economy numbers spouted by the DC crowd. (只有傻瓜才会相信华盛顿那群人所吹嘘的经济数据)

07. failure is no option
定义: 只许成功, 不准失败.
例句: Remember, failure is no option. You'll find a job if you adjust your expectations like getting your foot in the door first. (记住, 只许成功, 不准失败. 如果你调整了你的期望, 例如 把先找到工作视为优先的话, 你就会找到工作)

08. bring along, to
定义: 带某人或某物一起去某处; 带上某物在身边.
例句: I brought a book along for the long flight. (我带了一本书准备在长途飞行中阅读)

09. could you spare me a few minutes?
定义: 可以占用你几分钟时间吗?
例句: I know you're busy but could you spare me a few minutes of your time please? I need to discuss with you regarding a business transaction. (我知道你很忙, 但我可不可以占用你几分钟时间? 我 需要和你讨论一笔商业交易)

10. it's a shame someone has to lose (this game)
定义: 可惜啊, 这场比赛总是要有人输的.
例句: It's a shame that someone has to lose that, but I don't really feel like anybody lost it because both teams just fought tooth and nail. (可惜啊, 这场比赛总是要有人输的, 但我不觉得 真的有人输, 因为两队都拼了全力了)

11. tell us how we are doing
定义: 告诉我们, 我们做得怎样; 告诉我们, 我们做得还好吗?
例句: Tell us how we are doing. Please take a few moments to fill out this quick survey and let us know how we can better serve you. (告诉我们, 我们做得还好吗? 请花一些时间填写这份简短 调查, 让我们知道如何能够更好地为您服务)

12. that makes two of us
定义: 我们两人都碰上了; 我们两人同病相怜; 我们两人都会有某种情况. (注: 当某人讲述完他某个不愉快经历之后, 如果听话者正好也碰上了相同的经历 就可以说这句话)
例句: The urge to feel superior surges from time to time. Don't deny it. You are human like me, so that makes two of us. (产生优越感的冲动会时不时地涌上心头. 不要否认. 你跟我 都一样是人, 所以我们两人都会有这种冲动)

13. mind your own business
定义: 少管闲事; 少管我的事; 管好你自己就好.
例句: Mind your own business, will you? I can take care of my problems just fine. (管好你自己的事, 好吗? 我完全可以处理我自己的问题)

14. I feel much better now
定义: 我现在感觉好多了.
例句: I had a cold last week but I am feeling much better now. (我上星期得了感冒, 但现在感觉好多了)

15. out of the chute
定义: 从一开始.
例句: He was successful right out of the chute. (他从一开始就一帆风顺了)

16. by George, he's got it!
定义: 哇, 他懂啦! 哇, 他猜中啦! 哇, 他大功练成了!
例句: By George, he's got it! Now he knows what it means to be a responsible pet owner. (哇, 他懂啦! 现在他知道什么是一个负责任的宠物主人了)

17. hello, folks
定义: 哈啰, 大家好. (注: 此句话跟Hello, everyone同义)
例句: Hello folks! I'm glad that you are here with me so we can enjoy life as a family more fully. (哈啰, 大家好! 我很高兴你们和我在一起, 这样我们就可以更充分地享受 像一家人的生活)

18. oops! I made a boo-boo
定义: 哎呀! 我犯了一个错误.
例句: Oops! I made a slight boo-boo when I added up the numbers. (哎呀! 我在把这些数字加起来的时候犯了一个小错误)

19. any day will do
定义: 哪一天都行.
例句: Any day will do. Just let me know when you want to do it. (哪一天都行. 当你想要做的时候跟我打声招呼就好)

20. ah, but I digress
定义: 哎呀, 我把话题扯远了.
例句: Ah, but I digress. Here are some tips on how to set up an online banking account that you asked for. (哎呀, 我把话题扯远了. 这里是一些你所要求的关于如何建立网路银行帐户 的小窍门)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Google [Bot] 和 60 访客