royl
帖子: 1788
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 1259

帖子 royl » 周六 6月 01, 2024 9:00 pm

二十笔实用成语 1259

01. don't jump to conclusions before all the facts are in
定义: 在了解所有事实之前, 不要遽下结论.
例句: Don't jump to conclusions before all the facts are in. Sometimes we are in a hurry to make the decision which leads to poor judgement. (在了解所有事实之前, 不要遽下结论. 有时我们急于做出决定, 导致判断错误)

02. ... used to be a virtue
定义: (某种行为或习惯)曾经是一个令人羡慕的美德. (注: 意指现在这种美德已经不被重视)
例句: Frugality used to be a virtue in our society. Many people don't understand why frugality is looked down upon. We now call such people cheapskates, but why? (节俭曾经是我们社会的一种美德. 很多人不明白为什么节俭习惯被人看不起. 我们现在称呼这些人为小气鬼, 但为什么?)

03. how much?
定义: 多少钱?
例句: Can I take a look at that phone? It's so beautiful! How much? (我可以看一下那只手机吗? 真漂亮! 要多少钱?)

04. good evening, everyone
定义: 大家晚上好.
例句: Good evening, everyone! We have a great drunken shrimp pasta on special tonight, and we have the patio open! (大家晚上好! 今晚我们有道鲜美又特价的醉虾意大利面, 我们餐厅的庭院也开放了!)
图片
餐厅庭院
图片
加了伏特加酒的醉虾意大利面

05. let's stick together
定义: 大家要团结一心.
例句: So, let's stick together, support each other, and thrive. And not just this company, but all the businesses and organizations that are part of our community. (大家要团结一心, 互相扶持, 一起致富. 不仅限于这家公司, 还有属于我们社区的所有企业和组织)

06. nobody knows anything
定义: 大家都一无所知.
例句: Nobody knows anything. Not a single person knows what they're doing in life. Everyone who seems to have their life figured out is simply putting on an act. (世人皆一无所知. 没人知道自己此生中应当做什么. 那些每个好像已经想通了自己此生目的的人, 其实都只是装出来的而已)

07. roughly about 15 dollars
定义: 大约是十五块钱美元.
例句: Whenever I refill, I only refill up to 6.5 to 7 gallons, roughly about 15 dollars each time which gives me enough fuel to go on. (每当我加油时, 我最多只加6.5到7加仑汽油, 每次油费大约是15美元, 这样我就有足够的油料继续行驶下去了)

08. it is getting cooler
定义: 天气渐渐凉爽下来; 天气渐渐转凉. (注: it在此是指天气)
例句: It's getting cooler and closer to fall, so I hope you are ready for some sweater weather. (天气渐渐转凉, 距离秋天也越来越近了. 所以我希望你们准备好迎接穿毛衣的天气)

09. it's a lovely day, isn't it?
定义: 今天天气真好, 不是吗? (注: 请注意在附加疑问句中, 如果前半段的陈述是肯定的, 后半段的问句要用否定的, 并且要注意前后be动词或助动词要一致)
例句: "It's a lovely day, isn't it?" "It's a lovely day indeed. Would you like to take a walk with me?" ("天气真好, 不是吗?" "确实是个好天气. 你愿意和我一起散步吗?")

10. is she pretty or what?
定义: 她漂亮, 是吗? (注: 这里的or what虽然用在一句问话里, 但它还是暗示或期望yes是想要的答案)
例句: "Is she pretty or what?" "Wow, she is beautiful!" ("她漂亮, 是吗?" "哇, 她真漂亮!")

11. run behind, to
定义: 落后; 迟到; 急忙躲在某人的后面, 寻求庇护; 落后于计划.
例句: Are you ready to leave yet? We're already running behind! (你准备好离开吗? 我们已经迟到啦!)

12. it appears so
定义: 好像是这样, 看起来是这样.
例句: My car is dead now, at least if appears so to me, and I can't tell whether it's an issue with the alarm system or the car battery is dead. (我的车现在没法启动了, 至少在我看来好像是这样的, 我无法判断这是警报系统的问题还是汽车电池没电了)

13. make things worse, to
定义: 使情形变得更糟.
定义: Calm down and don't make things worse than they already are. Most of all, take every precaution to avoid getting hurt. (冷静下来, 别把事情越搞越糟. 最重要的是, 采取一切预防措施,避免受到伤害)

14. are we having fun yet?
定义: 咱们玩得还开心吗? 好玩吗? (注: 常用于某个活动并不如别人所说的好玩, 或者没有你所盼望的好玩所说的讽刺语)
例句: The phone has been ringing off the hook all morning? Whoa, are we having fun yet? (整个上午电话响个不停. 喔, 咱们玩得还开心吗?)

15. to be fair (to someone or something)
定义: 公平地说, 说句公道话.
例句: I know his remarks are controversial, but to be fair to him, they're grounded in pretty concrete scientific evidence. (我知道他的言论是有争议性的, 但说句公道话, 他的言论有相当具体的科学根据)

16. it seemed a little fishy
定义: 它(当时)令人感觉有点不对劲; 它(当时)看起来有点可疑.
例句: Although the deal was probably necessary to help get us through the financial crisis, everything about it has seemed a little fishy. (尽管这笔交易可能是帮助我们度过金融危机所必需的, 但它的一切似乎令人感觉有点不对劲)

17. it doesn't fit me anymore
定义: 它(这件衣物)不再合我身了.
例句: I didn't have time to change into my Cowboy jersey to today's games. Besides, it doesn't fit me anymore. (我没时间换上牛仔队的球衣去看今天的比赛. 再说, 它也不再合我身了. 注: 许多美国球迷会穿着自己喜爱球队的球衣去看比赛, 借此来表示他们对所爱球队的支持)

18. its revenues are eight times those of Company C
定义: 它(这家公司)的盈收是C公司收入的八倍. (注: 这是一句论及倍数和代名词使用的范例. 另外, 如果读者对某种句型生疏的话, 最好学习的办法是将它背诵下来!)
例句: Yet experience shows that those 64 and older ring up medical costs at least five times those of young insureds. (然而经验显示, 64岁及以上老年人的医疗费用至少是年轻受保人的五倍)

19. it seemed like a good idea at the time
定义: 它在当时看起来是个好主意. (注: 意指现在看来不再是个好主意)
例句: It seemed like a good idea at the time and I didn't think much about it. Having subsequently thought about it, I really have no reason to choose Italian food over Mexican food. (它在当时看起来是个好主意,而且当时我也没多想. 后来想了想, 我还真没有什么理由选择义大利菜而不选墨西哥菜)

20. it means a lot to me
定义: 这对我来说很重要.
例句: It's great to have you here at this crucial moment; it really means a lot to me. (很高兴在这个关键时刻有你的来到; 这对我来说很重要. 注: 此句话和清代大学者孙星衍的一段诗句, "最难风雨故人来", 有相似之意境)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 24 访客