royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 552

帖子 royl » 周日 5月 03, 2015 11:08 am

二十笔实用成语 552

01. hit someone like a ton of bricks, to
定义: 给予某人极大的震撼, 震惊某人.
例句: The sudden tax increase hit like a ton of bricks. Everyone became angry. (这次突如其来的增税给人们带来极大的震撼. 大家都很愤慨)

02. hit someone where it hurts, to
定义: 打到某人的痛处. 使某人遭到最大的损失.
例句: If you want to hit her where it really hurts, tell her she's putting on weight again. (如果你想要打到她痛处的话, 告诉她又发福了)

03. hit someone's funny bone, to
定义: 令人喷饭, 逗人捧腹大笑.
例句: I honestly tried but this song always hits my funny bone. Ha, ha, ha! (我确实努力地忍住不笑但这首歌总是逗我捧腹大笑. 哈哈哈!)

04. hit speeds of, to
定义: 冲到某速度.
例句: The stolen car was hitting speeds of 120 miles per hour in the police chase. (这部被偷窃的车子被警察追缉的时候冲到时速一百二十英哩)

05. hit the airwaves, to
定义: 在电台或电视台广播出来; 将某讯息广播出来.
例句: Our science and technology program that we've been working on for the last three months will finally be hitting the airwaves. (我们过去三个月来所制作的科技节目终于即将在电视台播出)

06. hit the bar, to
定义: 去酒吧喝酒.
例句: Every night after work he hit the bar and stayed for hours. (每晚下班后他就去酒吧喝酒而且一待就是几个钟头)

07. hit the books, to
定义: 努力读书.
例句: He stayed home all weekend and hit the books. (他整个周末都待在家里, 努力读书)

08. hit the booze/bottle, to
定义: 喝酒, 酗酒.
例句: He started to hit the bottle soon after his divorce. (他离婚之后没多久就借酒浇愁)

09. hit the brakes, to
定义: 踩煞车.
例句: When I saw that the cars in front me slowed down, I hit the brakes. (我看见前面的车辆都慢下来我也踩了煞车)

10. hit the bricks, to
定义: 在街上走, 离开, 罢工. (注: 街旁人行道多为花砖拼铺而成, 所以在街旁聚集罢工抗议可称为hit the bricks)
例句: I have a long way to go. I'd better hit the bricks now. (我还有很远的路要走. 我最好现在就离开吧)

11. hit the bull's-eye, to
定义: 一语中的, 一针见血.
例句: I think that he really hit the bulls-eye when he talked about the problems with the regular staff. (他指出一般职员的问题, 我认为他确实是一针见血)

12. hit the can, to
定义: [俚语]上厕所.
例句: Who's in the can? Hurry up! I have to pee! (谁在厕所里? 快一点! 我尿急!)

13. hit the ceiling, to
定义: 怒火冲天, 气急败坏, 勃然大怒.
例句: The third time we were late for class, the teacher hit the ceiling. (第三次我们又迟到把老师气得怒火冲天)

14. hit the deck, to
定义: 趴在地上(躲避伤害), 下床, 准备工作.
例句: Let's hit the deck and get this work done before supper. (我们准备工作, 把这个工作在晚饭前做完)

15. hit the dirt, to
定义: 趴在地上(躲避伤害).
例句: We were told to hit the dirt during the bank robbery. (在银行被抢劫的时候, 我们被命令趴在地上. 注: 意指抢匪命令银行员工和顾客趴在地上)

16. hit the ground running, to
定义: 精力充沛; 抓住机会; 有能力马上工作; 全力高速地起步冲刺或进行.
例句: We need someone who can hit the ground running, a person who needs no training. (我们要找一个不需训练又能够马上工作的人)

17. hit the hay, to
定义: [俚语]上床睡觉.
例句: I decided to hit the hay early last night because I have a lot of work today. ​​(我昨晚决定早点睡觉因为今天我有很多工作要做)

18. hit the headlines, to
定义: 上了头条新闻. (注: 意指意义重大或显示其突出性)
例句: The company hit the headlines today after reports it was planning to slash 111,000 jobs, more than a quarter of its workforce. (在宣告它正计划削减111,000个工作, 超过它总体员工四分之一的劳动力之后, 这家公司今天上了头条新闻)

19. hit the high notes, to
定义: 唱或演奏高音符.
例句: Can you hit the high notes on your trumpet? (你能够用你的小喇叭吹出高音符吗?)
图片
小喇叭/小号

20. hit the high points/spots, to
定义: 触及或点到重点或重要地方.
例句: I don't have time to discuss the entire report; I'll just hit the high spots. (我没时间讨论整篇报告; 我只触及重点)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 60 访客