royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 561

帖子 royl » 周四 6月 04, 2015 8:08 pm

二十笔实用成语 561

01. hopping mad, be
定义: 暴跳如雷, 勃然大怒.
例句: She was hopping mad when you laughed at her makeup. (当你讥笑她化的妆时候她气得暴跳如雷)

02. horde of, a
定义: 大群.
例句: I had to shoo away a horde of tourists to get decent photos of this historical building. (我不得不赶走一大群游客才能拍下这栋历史性建筑像样的照片)

03. horn in, to
定义: 不请自来, 闯入, 介入, 干涉; 插嘴, 加入自己的意见.
例句: Whenever I start to talk, he always horns in. (每当我准备要说话的时候, 他总是先插嘴)

04. horny as hell, be
定义: 性饥渴, 欲火中烧, 色欲薰心, 满脑子想的就是性行为.
例句: This guy has bedroom eyes and he's horny as hell all the time. (这家伙色咪咪地看人, 整天满脑子想的都是性欲)

05. horror of horrors
定义: 令人震惊, 恐惧.
例句: She's unrepentantly and unapologetically hard-boiled, and she tends, horror of horrors, to attack her opponents relentlessly. (她是那种冥顽不灵, 冷峻强硬的人, 令人恐怖的是, 她经常毫不留情地攻击她的敌人)

06. horse around/about, to
定义: 嘻笑怒骂, 打打闹闹, 胡闹.
例句: The teacher told the children to stop horsing around and get ready for class. (这个老师嘱咐小朋友们别再胡闹并且准备上课)

07. a horse of a different color; a horse of another color
定义: 完全两回事, 不是同一件事.
例句: We should not be talking about that issue now. It is a horse of a different color entirely. (我们现在不应再讨论那个问题. 它跟我们所谈的完全不是同一件事)

08. horse race, a
定义: 赛马; 不相上下的比赛, 竞选; 艰巨的比赛或竞赛.
例句: The election appears now to be a horse race. (现在看来这次选举像是场不相上下的竞选)

09. horse sense
定义: [名词]起码常识.
例句: He doesn't have much horse sense and doesn't always make the correct decision. (他没什么起码常识也不是经常做对了选择)

10. horsecrap
定义: [粗俗语]胡说八道.
例句: Everything the used car salesman said was pure horsecrap. (这名旧车销售员所说的都是胡说八道. 注: 在美国最不受人信任的人之一就是旧车销售员因为他们为了业绩经常隐瞒旧车的缺陷. 但每个行业都有诚实的人)

11. horses for courses
定义: 不同工作任用不同人, 知人善用. (注: 意指因任务不同而差遣不同适任的人去做因为每人专长不一样)
例句: Oh yes, I know "horses for courses." I still believe John is better suited for this job than Tom even though Tom has done it before. (呃是的, 我知道"知人善用." 我还是相信约翰比汤姆还更胜任这个工作即使汤姆以前做过它)

12. hose it down/off, to
定义: 用水冲洗.
例句: If the rubber mat is muddy, lay it on the sidewalk and hose it off. (如果这张橡胶地垫脏的话, 把它放在人行道上再用水冲洗)
图片
橡胶地垫
图片
几乎每栋房屋草坪前都铺设一条提供行人路过的人行道

13. hot and bothered, be
定义: 着急发愁; 性冲动; 气急败坏的; 紧张不安的.
例句: I don't know what is wrong with her but she must be hot and bothered about something. (我不知道她的问题是什么但她肯定是为了某件事紧张不安)

14. hot and heavy
定义: 充满性激动的, 充满激情的, 充满色欲的.
例句: Things were getting a little hot and heavy so I asked to leave right then. (情况变得充满情欲与激情因此我要求即时离开)

15. hot and humid
定义: (天气)又湿又热的.
例句: Tuesday's weather is hot and humid. A heat warning is in place along the coast. (星期二天气又湿又热. 一个高温警报已经对沿岸地区发布)

16. hot as all get out, be (as)
定义: 极热的; 极受欢迎的, 极热门的, 极流行的.
例句: It was hot as all get out. My clothes stuck to the seat covers in the car. (天气热得厉害. 我的被汗浸湿的衣服都黏在车子的椅背上了)

17. hot as blue blazes, be (as)
定义: 极热的, 像蓝色火焰一般热烘烘.
例句: This kitchen is hot as blue blazes. How do you stand it cooking in here all summer? (这间厨房热得像火烤的. 妳怎么能够受得了整个夏天在这里烧饭做菜啊?)

18. hot commodity/item/property, a
定义: 炙手可热的货品/项目/房地产. (注: 意指热卖, 抢手的东西)
例句: Smart phones are quickly becoming the hottest commodity in technology, market deliveries expected to increase by 55 percent at the year's end. (智能手机正迅速地成为科技界最抢手的商品, 市场交货量被估计于年底时将增长百分之五十五)

19. hotfoot it out of a place, to
定义: 仓皇逃逸.
例句: Ten thugs showed up and they scared the pants off me. I hotfooted it out of there ASAP in my SUV. (十名暴徒出现了, 他们把我吓坏了. 我尽快地开着我的运动休旅车仓皇逃逸. 注: 这里的ASAP=as soon as possible; SUV= sport utility vehicle)

20. hot from the oven, be
定义: 刚出炉的. (注: 意指这个食物是新做的, 新鲜的, 滚烫的)
例句: Baked tofu is tasty snack. When hot from the oven, it's crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. (烤豆腐是个可口的点心. 刚出炉的时候, 它是外脆里嫩)
图片
烤豆腐

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 76 访客