royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 597

帖子 royl » 周六 8月 22, 2015 9:27 pm

二十笔实用成语 597

01. impose one's will, to
定义: 将自己意志强加于人.
例句: She is rut​​hless in her self-righteousness as she not only imposes her will on her family but also on the people around her too. (局限在自以为正义的偏见里, 她是一个冷酷无情之人, 就像她不止把她的意志强加于自己的家人身上她并且也把意志强加于她身边人的身上)

02. impose sanctions, to
定义: 对别国或团体实施制裁.
例句: BRICS countries on Wednesday refused to impose trade sanctions on Iran over its nuclear program. (金砖五国于星期三拒绝对伊朗因其核能计划实施贸易制裁. 注: 金砖五国分别是巴西, 俄罗斯, 印度,中国和南非)

03. impossible dream, an
定义: 不可能实现的梦想, 痴心妄想.
例句: We dare to dream the impossible dream! There's nothing impossible in this world as long as you tell yourself that you can do it! (我们胆敢追寻那不可能实现的梦! 只要你告诉你自己你能够做得到, 这世界便没有做不到的事)

04. impressed by/with, be
定义: 对...产生良好的印象或兴趣.
例句: We were favorably impressed by his substantial credentials. (他丰富的资历给予我们良好的印象)

05. improper conduct/remarks/behavior, an
定义: 不当行为/言语/行为.
例句: Profanity, rudeness and improper behavior are not tolerated here. (脏话, 粗鲁无礼以及不当的行为在这里是不容许的)

06. improper handling
定义: 不当的操作/处理/搬运.
例句: Hazards can result from improper handling of compressed gas cylinders and high pressure equipment. (不当地操作液化气钢瓶和高压装备会造成危险)
图片
液化气钢瓶

07. improve on/upon, to
定义: 改进, 改良, 改善.
例句: I improved upon the recipe by adding more spices and herbs. (我加入了更多的香料和调味料来改善这个食谱)

08. improve the situation, to
定义: 改善情况.
例句: I have compiled a list of five significant ways to improve the situation that we're facing. (我编制出一份包含五条具有重大意义的改善我们所面临情况的方法列表)

09. in (a) shambles
定义: 凌乱不堪, 乱七八糟, 一片狼藉.
例句: When we came to the room, it was in shambles. Shredded papers flew in every direction and books scattered everywhere. (当我们来到这个房间的时候它是一片狼藉. 纸片飘落在每个角落, 书本散乱各处)

10. in (grave/great/serious) danger
定义: 在危险中, 有大问题.
例句: Every time a woman pulls her car into a driveway, she's in grave danger. (每当一个女子将她车子停进一个车道的时候, 她处于极大的危险中. 注: 意指当你把车子停进车道时, 如果尾随的歹徒跟着把他的车子停在你的车后, 你便动弹不得, 只好由此歹徒摆布)
图片
通往自家车库的车道

11. in a bad light
定义: 只从坏处看; 在不利的情况下; 在看不清情形下.
例句: He was concerned that the article had portrayed him in a bad light. (他担心这篇文章把他往负面描述)

12. in a bad spot
定义: 陷入困难, 尴尬, 进退两难困境.
例句: I think he was put in a bad spot trying to deal with a customer that wasn't buying his excuses and his manager that wouldn't tell him exactly what to do. (我觉得他陷入进退两难困境一方面他设法应付一个不相信他的解释理由的客户, 另一方面他的经理也不明确地告诉他应该怎么做)

13. in a bad way
定义: 在病痛中, 痛苦中, 处于恶劣情况中.
例句: After the car accident, Tom was in a bad way, and he was also very depressed. (那场车祸之后, 汤姆处于痛苦中, 而且他的情绪也很低落)

14. in a bid
定义: 设法或努力去赢, 成就或吸引.
例句: We are training hard in a bid to be the best team. (我们努力地加紧训练设法成为最佳队伍)

15. in a big way
定义: 大规模地, 显然地, 引人注意地.
例句: Bao Bao does things in a big way. She even hired a band for her birthday party. (宝宝做事情总是引人注意. 她居然请了一支乐队来她的生日派对演奏)

16. in a bind/jam
定义: 陷入困境; 手头拮据; 忙得不可开交.
例句: We could always use a temporary help when things get busy around here, and we get in a bind. (当这里的情况变为忙碌而我们忙得不可开交的时候, 我们总可以雇用一名临时工)

17. in a bit
定义: 过一会儿, 等一下.
例句: "Can we go?" "In a bit." ("我们可以走了吗?" "等一会儿.")

18. in a bizarre twist of fate
定义: 在一个异乎寻常的命运转变下.
例句: Not only have I returned, but in a bizarre twist of fate, I bought a house on the very block where I grew up. (我不但回来了, 而且在一个异乎寻常的命运转变下, 我还买了一栋房子正好落座于我从小长大的那段街区上)

19. in a blue funk
定义: 惶恐不安, 担心害怕; 在沮丧悲痛中.
例句: He had been in a blue funk since failing the exam. (自从他这个考试不及格之后他一直惶恐不安)

20. in a box
定义: 陷入困难, 遭威胁, 尴尬等进退两难困境.
例句: I was in a box then. I had no money to pay the rent. (我那时陷入困境. 我没钱付房租)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Google [Bot] 和 50 访客