royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 598

帖子 royl » 周三 8月 26, 2015 11:27 pm

二十笔实用成语 598

01. in a breeze
定义: 轻易地.
例句: I was there to get my eyebrows and upper lips threaded and she did it in a breeze and the entire process was quite painless. (我到她那儿将我的眉毛和上唇部分做挽面, 她做起来很轻松而且整个过程毫无疼痛)
图片
挽面亦称绞面
http://baike.baidu.com/view/75053.htm
如果想知挽面或绞面细节请看百度百科

02. in a brown study
定义: 凝重地陷入沉思.
例句: He did not hear even a single word of the lecture; he was lost in a brown study. (老师所讲的课他一句都没听进去; 他凝重地陷入沉思)

03. in a cleft stick
定义: 陷入进退两难, 难以取舍的困境.
例句: I was in a cleft stick. Should I take the failing grade or drop out before I fail? I decided to drop the class. (我面临进退两难困境. 我是该接受不及格分数还是在考不及格之前先退出? 我决定退选这门课)

04. in a cold sweat
定义: 处于惊恐, 紧张中.
例句: As Doug waited to speak to the audience he felt shaky and breathless. He was in a cold sweat! (当道格等待着向听众演讲时他感觉虚弱和喘不过气来. 他紧张得直冒冷汗!)

05. in a compromising position
定义: 处于难堪或令人尴尬的窘态.
例句: He and his secretary were caught in a compromising position. (他和他的秘书被人撞见正在做出令人难堪的窘态. 注: 意指他和他的女秘书正在发生性关系时被人撞见)

06. in a coon's age
定义: 好久, 好多年.
例句: Hello, Uncle Henry! I haven't seen you in a coon's age! (哈啰, 亨利叔叔! 我好久没见到您了!)

07. in a daze
定义: 茫茫然, 不知所措, 发呆, 处于呆滞或恍惚状态.
例句: After the test, I spent the rest of the day sitting there in a daze. (考完了这场考试之后, 我后半天就坐在那儿发呆)

08. in a dead faint
定义: 完全晕过去, 不省人事.
例句: Mrs. Jen collapsed to the floor in a dead faint when she spent most of one night vacuuming rooms, and polishing furniture with lemon oil. (在她整夜拿吸尘器清洁房间和使​​用柠檬油擦亮家具之后, 简太太昏倒在地不省人事)

09. in a dither
定义: 紧张激动, 犹豫不安.
例句: We're in a dither over the potential ramifications of the court ruling. (为了这个法庭判决可能会造成的影响我们紧张不安)

10. in a dream
定义: 活在梦幻世界; 对周遭事务茫然不知.
例句: She was walking around the street in a dream. (她茫然地在街上漫步)

11. in a family way
定义: 怀孕; 就像在家一样.
例句: Our new secretary is in a family way and she plans to take a few months off from work soon. (我们新来的秘书怀孕了, 她计划不久将休几个月假)

12. in a fetal position
定义: 作胎儿姿势, 蜷缩睡姿. (注: 当人遇到危险时, 会作胎儿一般蜷曲身体的姿势)
例句: She lay curled up in a fetal position, her tears pooling on the floor. She's hurt, scared and afraid. (她蜷曲身体躺着, 一滩眼泪淌在地板上. 她伤心, 惊恐和畏惧)
图片
作胎儿一般蜷曲身体的姿势

13. in a fight for one's life
定义: 在濒死边缘挣扎求生, 为生存作殊死战.
例句: I've been in a fight for my life for many years just keeping my head above water. (多年来我一直为生存作殊死战只为了勉强糊口而不负债而已)

14. in a fit of pique
定义: 突来负气, 赌气.
例句: In a fit of pique, he threw down his bag and walked out of the door. (他突然一赌气把他袋子扔在地上随即转身离去)

15. in a fit of remorse
定义: 突来一阵悔意中.
例句: In a fit of remorse, Tom then confesses that he really did steal the money. (感到突来的一阵悔意, 汤姆便坦承他确实偷了那笔钱)

16. in a fix
定义: 陷入困难, 尴尬, 进退两难困境.
例句: Bill was in a fix. After filling his car with gas, he could not find the money to pay. (比尔面临困境. 他把车子加满了汽油之后, 他却拿不出钱付账)

17. in a flap
定义: 陷入激动, 气愤或烦恼的状况.
例句: Mom got in a flap over the delays in departure and boarding. (妈妈对起飞和登机时间的延迟愤愤不平)

18. in a flash
定义: 闪电般地, 瞬间地, 迅速地, 立即地.
例句: If you need any help, you can just text or call, and I will be here in a flash. (如果你需要任何帮助, 你只管发短信或打电话给我, 我就会迅速地过来这里)

19. in a flat spin
定义: 精神错乱, 情绪激动失控.
例句: I was in a flat spin. I don't know if I was coherent but I was ready to have a panic attack. (我情绪激动. 我不知道我是否把话说清楚但我快要突发焦虑恐慌症)

20. in a flutter
定义: 全身发抖, 紧张激动, 战栗不安.
例句: I was in a flutter until I found my wallet. (我一直紧张不安直到我找到我的皮夹才松了口气)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 56 访客