royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 601

帖子 royl » 周四 9月 03, 2015 1:45 am

二十笔实用成语 601

01. in a snap
定义: 立即, 马上.
例句: Your breakfast will be ready in a snap. (你的早餐马上就准备好了)

02. in a snit
定义: 处于愤怒, 激动或烦躁的状态中尤其是为了一点小事.
例句: Tom left in a snit when they told him he'd have to wait another hour. (当他们告诉他还要再等一个钟头, 汤姆愤怒地离开)

03. in a spin
定义: 处于昏头转向或紧张焦虑的状态中.
例句: The whole office was in a spin about the rules. (整个办公室同仁被新的管理规定弄得昏头转向)

04. in a spirit of
定义: 基于...的精神下, 在...的原则下.
例句: In the spirit of forgiveness, I've decided not to press charges against you. (基于宽恕的精神, 我决定不对你提出控告)

05. in a split second
定义: 一瞬间.
例句: In a split second, the cat twisted and landed on its feet. (就在一瞬间, 这只猫转身一跳就四脚落在地上)

06. in a state of shock
定义: 在震惊中, 惊恐中.
例句: Like the rest of the general public, I was in a state of shock. It was difficult to believe that what I was seeing was real. (就像其他的普通民众一样, 我也处在震惊中. 令人难以相信的是我所看见的景象居然是真实的)

07. in a state of siege
定义: 在重重包围下, 在戒严状态.
例句: One thing needs to be pointed out first is that the neighborhood has been in a state of siege by criminals. (首先有件必须要指出的事是, 这个街坊一直陷于犯罪份子重重包围之下)

08. in a stew
定义: 处于激动, 忧心忡忡, 慌乱状态.
例句: He got himself in a stew over nothing. (他为了一点芝麻小事弄得激动莫名)

09. in a stone's throw
定义: 就在近处.
例句: The shopping center is just a stone's throw from our house. (这座购物中心离我们家很近)

10. in a sweat, be
定义: 紧张, 焦虑或恐慌得冷汗浃背.
例句: He breaks out in a sweat just at the thought of flying. (一想到坐飞机他就恐慌得冷汗淋漓)

11. in a terrible accident
定义: 一场惨剧或可怕的车祸.
例句: The couple lost two young sons in a terrible accident, but they forgave the driver before they even left the hospital. (一场可怕的车祸夺去了这对夫妻两个年轻儿子的性命, 但他们居然在离开医院之前便原谅了这名肇祸司机)

12. in a tight corner/spot
定义: 陷入困难, 威胁, 尴尬等进退两难困境.
例句: I wouldn't worry about her. She had been in tight corners before and had always managed to get out of them. (我不会担心她会有什么问题. 她曾经面临了多次困难而且总是有办法摆脱了它们)

13. in a tizzy
定义: 处于高度激动及慌乱心情.
例句: Margaret gets in a tizzy when she can't find her cell phone. (当玛格丽特找不到她的手机时候她急得像热锅上的蚂蚁)

14. in a trice
定义: 很快地, 马上地.
例句: She should be here in a trice. (她应该很快就到这儿了)

15. in a walk
定义: 轻松容易; 毫无疑问.
例句: I could have found what you needed in a walk, and yet you never asked for my help. (我本可以轻而易举地找到你所需要的东西, 但你却从来没有求助于我)

16. in a way
定义: 某种程度上, 从某个角度看.
例句: In a way I would like to go to his dinner party but basically I don't care whether he thinks I'm a good friend. (在某种程度上, 我是想参加他的生日晚宴, 但基本上我不在乎他是否认为我是他的好友. 注: 意指我想参加他的生日晚宴但不是想要巴结他并让他把我视为好友)

17. in a while
定义: 一个短时间, 一会儿.
例句: Go ahead, I'll be along in a while. (你先走, 我待会儿就过来)

18. in a wink (of an eye)
定义: 一瞬间, 一转眼间, 一眨眼工夫.
例句: I can fix it in a wink. (我能够一眨眼工夫把它修好)

19. in a word
定义: 简短地说, 总的来说.
例句: In a word, Jack was the greatest friend a guy could ever ask for. It is unfortunate that he had to die so young. (简短地说, 杰克是一个你所能找到的最好朋友. 不幸的是,他却英年早逝)

20. in a world of one's own
定义: 沉思在自己的世界里, 无视周遭的事务.
例句: He is always in a world of his own and doesn't notice what other people say or think. (他总是沉思在他自己的世界里, 对于别人所说的或所想的事情视若无睹)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Google [Bot] 和 59 访客