royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 607

帖子 royl » 周日 9月 13, 2015 3:48 pm

二十笔实用成语 607

01. in dock
定义: 机器失灵, 暂停使用. (注: 意指需要修理才能使用)
例句: We offer a free pickup service and courtesy car to get you around when your car is in dock for repairs. (当您的车辆送到本厂修理的时候, 我们提供免费载客服务以及免费使用的车辆供您去各处走动或办事)

02. in doing so
定义: 如此做; 这样做的时候; 在这情况下; 这个过程中.
例句: In essence, he is making his rivals react at his will, and in doing so he's dictating his enemy's decision cycle. (基本上, 他可以随意驱使他的对手做出反应, 如此做, 他可以支配他的敌人做决定的周期)

03. in doubt
定义: 有疑问或不确定.
例句: I'm was in doubt about what I was expected to do at my new job, but after talking to the manager, I now understand. (我原先不确定我这个新工作应该怎么做, 但跟经理交谈之后,我现在了解了我该怎么做)

04. in drag
定义: 穿着异性衣服.
例句: They went to the party dressed in drag. (他们穿着异性衣服去参加派对)
图片
穿着女性衣服的男子

05. in dribs and drabs
定义: 小批量地, 每次少量地.
例句: Many came to the sale, but they arrived in dribs and drabs. (许多人来到这个销售会, 但他们都是一小批一小批的来)

06. in due course
定义: 将在适当时机地.
例句: We will send the information to you in due course. (我们会在适当时候把这份资料交给你)

07. in due time
定义: 将于适当时机(发生).
例句: We'll get to this topic in due course. (我们会在适当的时候讨论这个话题)

08. in Dutch
定义: 陷入麻烦, 失势或居劣势.
例句: You must file tax returns every year. If you don't, you'll be in Dutch with the IRS. (你每年必须申报所得税. 如果你不申报的话, 国税局会找你麻烦)

09. in each other's pockets
定义: (两人)长时间黏在一起或互相依赖地.
例句: I don't think it's healthy the way you two are always in each other's pockets. (我不认为你们两个天天黏在一起是健康的行为)

10. in earnest
定义: 坚决, 认真, 诚心诚意地.
例句: We thought he was joking at first, but then we realized that he was in earnest. (我原先以为他在开玩笑, 但后来我了解他是认真的)

11. in ecstasy
定义: 欣喜若狂地, 兴奋不已地.
例句: Actors and actresses are typically in ecstasy upon winning an Oscar. (男女演员们一旦赢得了奥斯卡奖一般都是欣喜若狂)

12. in effect
定义: 实际上, 事实上.
例句: His suggestion was in effect an order. (他的建议实际上是一道命令)

13. in error
定义: 错误地, 不正确地.
例句: My earlier statement was made in error. (我早先提出的叙述是错误的)

14. in essence
定义: 本性上, 本质上, 基本上.
例句: He was in essence an nice person. (他本质上是个好人)

15. in every possible way
定义: 无论从哪方面看, 不折不扣地, 毫无疑问地; 无微不至地; 尽一切办法; 所有的, 一切的.
例句: Even with several well-seasoned actors, and a rather nice location, the film fails in every possible way. (即使有几个成熟老练的演员以及相当不错的外景地点, 这个电影无论从哪个方面来看都是失败)

16. in every practical sense
定义: 事实上, 实际上.
例句: The conclusion of this study is the result of a highly accurate, complex and time-consuming analysis. However, in every practical sense, the outcome may be easily interpreted. (这个研究的结论是个高度精确, 复杂以及耗时甚久的分析所产生的结果. 但是, 实际上, 这个结果也可以容易地诠释)

17. in every sense of the word
定义: 无论从哪方面看, 不折不扣地, 毫无疑问地.
例句: The book is a classic in every sense of the word. (这本书无论从哪个方面来看是本经典书籍)

18. in every way/respect
定义: 在各方面, 无论从哪个角度看, 完全地.
例句: His baby brother is superior to him in every way. (他的弟弟在各方面都比他优秀)

19. in evidence
定义: 显而易见的, 显然的, 成为法庭作证据的.
例句: His former confidence is now nowhere in evidence. (他原先的自信到现在却消失得无影无踪了. 注: 这里的in evidence本来是"显而易见的"但是前面​​加上了nowhere之后这个片语却变成了"无处可见")

20. in excess of
定义: 大于, 多于, 超过.
例句: The actual repair cost of this vehicle was in excess of $10,000. (这部车子实际的修理费用超过了一万块钱)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 51 访客