royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 610

帖子 royl » 周二 9月 22, 2015 4:37 pm

二十笔实用成语 610

01. in good standing
定义: 没有不良记录, 不拖欠费用, 值得信任, 声誉卓著.
例句: The individual was in good standing with our firm so we let the trustee's office know that the debtor was making payments. (此人跟我们公司交易没有拖欠记录, 因此我们通知信托人办公室此借款人一直在付款)

02. in good supply
定义: 供应量充足, 大量的, 不虞匮乏的.
例句: You're in luck if you're looking for a summer job because they are in good supply this year. (如果你在寻找暑期工作的话, 你走运了因为今年的暑期工作机会非常多)

03. in good taste
定义: 风雅, 适当得体, 落落大方.
例句: Sweatshirts may be worn during the school day, provided they are in good taste. (如果它们是适当得体的话, 上学期间可以穿着运动衫)
图片
没有兜帽的的运动衫
图片
附有兜帽的运动衫

04. in good time
定义: 会在适当时间内; 在短时间内; 比预计时间早.
例句: I will tr​​y and get the information to you in good time so that you will be able to decide what to do next. (我会尽量地在短时间内把资料交给你, 以便你能够决定下一步该怎么办)

05. in half
定义: 成两半, 变为两份.
例句: She cut the watermelon in half. (她把西瓜切成两半)
图片
把西瓜切成两半

06. in hand
定义: 现成的, 马上可取得的; 拥有或掌握中; 在准备中; 在考虑中.
例句: After several hours the riot police had the problems with the crowd in hand. (几个小时之后这批镇暴警察掌控住了跟这些民众对峙所面临的问题)
图片
镇暴警察

07. in harmony with ...
定义: 与...和谐一致.
例句: People have to learn to live in harmony with nature, and protect the environment together with other living beings that inhabit the Earth. (人类必须要学习跟大自然和谐共生, 保护生态环境以及其他栖息在地球的生物)

08. in harness
定义: 工作, 上班; 共事, 共同工作.
例句: I was back in harness on Monday, handling paperwork at my desk. (我星期一回去上班, 处理我桌上的例行文书工作)

09. in haste
定义: 仓促地, 草率地.
例句: He left in haste, so I didn't get a chance to talk to him. (他仓促地离开, 所以我没机会跟他说话)

10. in/into heat
定义: (母动物)发情. (注: 意指动物在排卵之前所表现出的发情兴奋)
例句: Female cats that have not been spayed will go into heat, a state of fertility that enables them to become pregnant. (尚未被绝育的母猫将会进入发情期, 也就是一个促使它们怀孕的繁殖状态)

11. in Heaven's name
定义: 以神之名祈求神; 表达不耐烦, 惊讶及急切恳求; 究竟, 到底.
例句: Why in heaven's name did we come to Greenland? It's so cold here! (真不知道我们到底为什么来格陵兰? 这里冷死了!)

12. in hiatus
定义: 在停工或赋闲空档中.
例句: She has been in hiatus for a while because of personal health issues. (由于私人健康的问题, 她停工了一阵子)

13. in high dudgeon
定义: 愤怒地, 气愤填膺地.
例句: She walked out of the meeting in high dudgeon. (她愤怒地遽然离开了这场会议)

14. in high spirits
定义: 兴高采烈.
例句: John came home in high spirits, and told his wife that he had m​​ade the biggest sale in company history. (约翰兴高采烈地回家并告诉他妻子, 他做了一笔公司历史上最高额的销售)

15. in high summer
定义: 盛夏期间, 溽暑热季.
例句: In high summer, my sister and I were never allowed to play outside. (在盛夏期间, 我妹妹和我从未被允许到户外玩)

16. in hock
定义: 负债, 欠钱.
例句: He is in hock to his boss for several thousand dollars. (他欠他老板几千块钱)

17. in hog heaven, be
定义: 令人乐不可支的地方, 人间天堂.
例句: We had plenty of food, good wine, and beautiful weather. We were in hog heaven! (我们有丰富的食物, 好酒, 以及美丽的天气. 我们活在人间天堂!)

18. in honor bound to do something, be
定义: 因道义上(并非法律上)的责任才去帮助人.
例句: He believes that we're in honor bound to help people in need. (他坚信我们在道义上有责任帮助那些有困难的人们)

19. in honor of
定义: 推崇, 尊崇, 纪念.
例句: The building was named in honor of the city's founder. (这栋大楼是为了纪念这座城市的创建者以他名字命名)

20. in hopes of/that
定义: 以期望于, 以冀望于.
例句: He returned to the crime scene in hope of finding further evidence. (他回到犯罪现场期望能够找到更多的证据)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 46 访客