royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 623

帖子 royl » 周五 10月 30, 2015 7:37 am

二十笔实用成语 623

01. in the context of
定义: 在某个话题前后文中; 在...情况, 场合或环境下.
例句: In the context of a funeral, laughing loudly is inappropriate. (在葬礼场合上, 大声嘻笑被视为不礼貌的行为)

02. in the cooler/slammer
定义: 坐牢, 身陷囹圄.
例句: He spent 10 years in the slammer. (他坐了十年牢)

03. in the course of time
定义: 随着时间的流动; 适时地.
例句: Don't worry, his English will improve in the course of time. (别着急, 随着时间的推展, 他的英语自然会有所改善)

04. in the dark
定义: 一无所知, 被蒙蔽; 秘密中, 偷偷摸摸.
例句: He is still in the dark about my plans to quit my job. (他对我要辞职的意图依然一无所知)

05. in the days ahead
定义: 在未来的日子里.
例句: We'll never know if the trials and tribulations are awaiting us in the days ahead. (我们无法知道在未来的日子里艰难与困苦是否在等待着我们)

06. in the dead of night
定义: 三更半夜, 大半夜中.
例句: The fire broke out in the dead of night. (这场大火在三更半夜里突然爆发)

07. in the distance
定义: 在远处.
例句: It was dark at Highway 71, all I saw were the lights in the distance. (71号公路很暗, 我所能看见的是远方的亮光)

08. in the dock
定义: 被起诉, 置身被告席上, (刑事法庭)受审理.
例句: The company will soon find itself in the dock if it continues to ignore the pollution regulations. (如果它继续漠视污染法令的话, 这家公司将会很快地发现它自己站在被告席上)

09. in the doghouse
定义: 不受欢迎, 受到冷落, 失宠.
例句: He is in the doghouse with his wife because he went out drinking three times last week. (由于他上个星期三次在外面酗酒, 他受到他妻子的冷落)

10. in the doldrums
定义: 消沉无力的, 枯燥无味的, 无精打采的.
例句: She has been in the doldrums since her best friend moved away. (自从她的好友搬走之后, 她一直过着枯燥无味的生活)

11. in the driver's/driving seat
定义: 居主导地位的, 大权在握的.
例句: Joan can't wait to get into the driver's seat and do what she can to turn things around. (琼迫不及待想要取得主导地位, 尽她一切力量来扭转局势)

12. in the end
定义: 最终, 最后.
例句: Despite all the problems of putting on the play, it was a grand success, and that was all that mattered in the end. (尽管在制作这个舞台剧所面临的重重问题, 它还是取得了巨大的成功, 而这是我们最终想要看到的结果)

13. in the event
定义: [英国]结果是.
例句: We thought the weather might delay us, but, in the event, we were able to take off on time. (我们以为这个恶劣天气会耽搁我们, 但结果是, 我们居然能够准时起飞离开)

14. in the event of
定义: 如果...发生的话, 万一...发生的话.
例句: You can call for help in the event of an emergency. (万一有紧急状况的话, 你可以打电话求助)

15. in the event that
定义: 如果...发生的话, 万一...发生的话.
例句: The workers' compensation insurance policy will provide you with a regular income in the event that you are injured. (如果一旦你受伤的话, 这份工伤补偿保险单将会提供你固定收入)

16. in the extreme
定义: 极大限度地, 非常地, 极端地.
例句: I'm finding it difficult in the extreme to deal with this situation. (我发觉这个状况极难处理)

17. in the eye(s) of
定义: 在(某人)的心目中.
例句: In the eyes of many, he is the best person for the job. (根据许多人的看法, 他是这个工作的最佳人选)

18. in the eyes of the law
定义: 在法律上, 在法律之前.
例句: Our legal system is based on the idea that all people are equal in the eyes of the law. (我们的法律体系是基于法律之前人人平等的理念)

19. in the face of
定义: 面对(威胁), 违抗, 不顾.
例句: The key to success is perseverance, especially in the face of hardship. (取得成功的关键是不屈不挠的精神, 尤其在面对艰难的时候)

20. in the family way
定义: 怀孕的.
例句: Mary's in the family way again. (玛莉又怀孕了)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 59 访客