royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 647

帖子 royl » 周五 3月 11, 2016 9:13 pm

二十笔实用成语 647

01. it's a wrap/that's a wrap
定义: 完工, 收工.
例句: It's a wrap, folks. We can go home now. (伙计们, 收工. 我们现在可以回家了)

02. it's a zoo in there
定义: 那边吵吵闹闹, 乱轰轰或乱成一团.
例句: They're having a clearance auction. It's a zoo in there! (他们正在举办清仓大拍卖. 那边吵吵闹闹地乱成一团!)

03. it's about time
定义: 该是时候了; 早该如此.
例句: It's about time to clean out your junk in the trunk. (你现在也该把你衣服箱子里不要用的东西清走了吧. 注: 这句话的trunk可以作为大衣服箱子解释也可以作为车子后部的行李箱解释)
图片
衣服箱
图片
汽车行李箱

04. it's against the law
定义: 这是违法的.
例句: In the United States, it's against the law to deposit over ten grand in cash without notifying the federal government. (在美国, 没有预先通知联邦政府而将一万美元或更多的款额存入银行是违法的)

05. It's all about winning the gold medal.
[成语句型]这完全是为了赢得那面金牌.

06. it's all clear
定义: 都走了; 没有危险了.
例句: "Are the police still outside?" "Nope, it’s all clear." ("警察还在外面吗?" "没有, 都走了.")

07. it's all crap/it's all a bunch of crap
定义: (不雅语)全是胡说八道, 鬼扯淡.
例句: "I'm sure you've heard some of the rumors that have been floating the office." "Sure, I've heard some. But most of us know it's all a bunch of crap." ("我相信你已经听到一些在这个办公室流传的谣言." "没错, 我确实听到一些谣言. 但我们大部分人都知道这全是胡说八道.")

08. it's all downhill from there
定义: 从此一路走下坡.
例句: Joey was doing fine but when he started skipping classes in the middle of the semester, and it's all downhill from there as far as his learning was concerned. (乔伊本来还表现不错, 但自从他在学期中间开始逃课之后, 自此之后他的学习一路走下坡)

09. It's all go.
定义: 忙得不可开交.
例句: In this office it's all go all day without a break. (在这间办公室里, 大家整天忙得不可开交, 连一点喘息的机会都没有)

10. it's all Greek to me
定义: 我对这个一窍不通, 根本看不懂.
例句: I've tried reading the manual but it's all Greek to me. (我一直在试图阅读这本说明​​书但我根本看不懂)

11. It's all grist to the mill.
定义: 都是有利的事情; 多多益善, 越多越好.
例句: I might as well learn another language, it's all grist to the mill when it comes to getting a job. (我不如再学一门外语, 这对找工作很有利)

12. it's all one to me; it's all the same to me
定义: 对我来说都一样, 没什么差别的, 我都无所谓的.
例句: "Would you prefer to go out for a meal or eat in?" "It's all the same to me." ("你是要出去吃还是在家里吃?" "我都无所谓.")

13. It's all over but the crying/shouting
定义: 大势已定. (注: 意指虽然尚未结束但胜败局势已定)
例句: The Montreal Expos lost. It's all over but the crying. (蒙特利尔博览会队输了. 大势已定)

14. it's all over with
定义: 完了, 完蛋了; 输了, 被击败了, 死了; 一切都结束了.
例句: This loss means that it's all over with our team. (这次的失败意味着我们这支队伍完了)

15. it's all your fault
定义: 都是你的错; 都是你害的. (注: 有点推诿责任的意味)
例句: It's all your fault. You should have left instead of fighting him. (都是你的错. 你原先应该离开而不是跟他吵架)

16. It's always good to know who you're doing business with.
[成语句型]最好知道你是跟谁打在交道. (注: 强调了解对手的重要性)

17. it's always the case
定义: 一直都是这样的.
例句: It's always the case that a few people are earning more, and most people are earning less. (少数人赚得多而大多数人赚得少, 一直都是这样的)

18. It's an interesting theory, but it just won't wash.
[成语句型]这是一个有趣的理论, 但它不会成功.

19. it's anyone's call
定义: 很难说; 无法决定或预料.
例句: "Who do you think will win this election?" "It's anyone's call." ("你认为谁会赢得这场选举?" "很难讲.")

20. it's been a long day; I've had a long day
定义: 漫长, 辛苦, 难过的一天.
例句: It's been a long day. ​​I'm really tired and I want to turn in right now. (这真是辛苦漫长的一天. 我好累, 我想现在去睡觉)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 47 访客