royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 657

帖子 royl » 周五 7月 29, 2016 1:53 pm

二十笔实用成语 657

01. joined at the hip, be
定义: 形影不离的, 难分难舍的.
例句: I've got several good friends, but I'm not joined at the hip to any of them. (我虽然有几个好朋友, 但我不跟他们任何一个天天黏在一块)

02. joke around, to
定义: 开玩笑, 捣蛋, 鬼混.
例句: It's all right to joke around every once in a while with your superior but don't overdo it. (偶尔跟你上司开开玩笑是没什么不好但别做得过火即可)

03. joke of the town, the
定义: (成为)人们谈话的笑柄.
例句: Tom thinks he is something special but he is the joke of the town there. People laugh at him behind his back. (汤姆自认为是个不凡人物但他其实是个人们聊天的笑柄. 人们在暗地里耻笑他)

04. joking apart/aside
定义: 言归正传, 说正经的.
例句: Joking aside, we need to find Willie. His mom is waiting for him to come home! (言归正传, 我们必须找到威利. 他的母亲正等他回家!)

05. jot down, to
定义: 简短匆促地记下来.
例句: He jotted down her name and phone number. (他匆匆地记下她的名字和电话号码)

06. judge for yourself, to
定义: 你自己来判断.
例句: You should judge for yourself and not worry about what others say about it. (你应该自己来判断, 别管别人怎么看这件事情​​)

07. judge from, to
定义: 从...来判断.
例句: Judging from the distance between the two cities that I saw online I had assumed that the drive would be rather short. (依据我在网上所查到的两座城市距离来判断, 我原本以为开车的路程是相当短的)

08. juggle frogs, to
定义: 企图应付问题层出不穷的艰难状况; 企图同时应付多个突发事件.
例句: I've got so many things to do at the moment, I feel like I'm juggling frogs! (我目前手边有许多工作要做, 我感觉好像在同时应付多个突发事件)

09. juice up, to
定义: 赋予活力, 精神及趣味; 改良增加功效; 加强马力; 喝酒; 打开电源.
例句: If you feel bored out of your mind, it's usually an indication that you have to juice up your life. (如果你感觉枯燥无味的话, 它经常是一个你必须使你生活多彩多姿的指标)

10. jump all over someone; jump on someone
定义: 责怪, 怒斥, 批评某人, 大肆抨击.
例句: The boss jumped on Tom for being late for work once again. (老板怒斥汤姆再次上班迟到)

11. jump at the chance/opportunity, to
定义: 抓紧利用好机会.
例句: When the lead singer became ill, Sheila jumped at the chance to replace her. (当主唱歌手生病的时候, 席拉抓紧机会接替她的工作)

12. jump at, to
定义: 迅速地, 毫不犹豫地抢占先机或乘机加以利用.
例句: When Sam said he'd help pay for my vacation, I jumped at the offer. (当山姆说他会帮我支付休假费用的时候, 我毫不犹豫地接受他的资助)

13. jump bail, to
定义: [法律术语]弃保逃亡, 不出庭应讯.
例句: He jumped bail and decided to go and live in a foreign country. (他弃保潜逃并决定到国外过流亡生活)

14. jump down someone's throat, to
定义: 强烈抨击, 怒斥, 怒目相向某人.
例句: As soon as I reached the office he jumped down my throat over the missing file. (当我一到达办公室, 他就为了遗失的卷宗怒斥我)

15. jump for joy, to
定义: 雀跃三尺, 高兴地跳起来.
例句: The tests so far show my mother doesn't have cancer, but it's still too early to jump for joy because she has to have more tests. (迄今这些化验显示出我母亲没有罹痪癌症, 但别高兴得太早因为她还要做更多的化验)

16. jump in at the deep end, to
定义: 陷入没准备或毫无经验的困境或工作.
例句: "But I've never worked in sales before!" "You'll be fine, just jump in the deep end and try your best!" ("但是我过去从来没做过销售工作呀!" "只要你尽心尽力地做这个新工作, 你不会有问题的!")

17. jump in with both feet/jump in feet first/jump into the ring, to
定义: 毫不犹豫地全力参与或投入; 不顾后果往里跳.
例句: When I decide to get involved, I jump in with both feet. (在我决定要参与之后, 我毫不犹豫地全力投入)

18. jump in, to
定义: 跳入; 进入交通工具; 加入已经进行的活动; 不顾后果地参与或投入.
例句: Jump in if you have any questions. (欢迎加入目前的讨论如果你们有任何问题的话)

19. jump into action, to
定义: 迅速地开始行动起来.
例句: Without thinking twice, we stopped what we were doing and jumped into action. (毫不犹豫地, 我们放下我们手边的工作并迅速地开始行动起来)

20. jump on, to
定义: 对某人暴跳如雷, 大肆抨击; 搭乘(交通工具).
例句: He suddenly decided to jump on a plane and head home last night. (他昨天晚上忽然决定搭乘飞机回家)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 48 访客