royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 686

帖子 royl » 周四 6月 01, 2017 12:21 pm

二十笔实用成语 686

01. lay at rest, to
定义: 满意, 安心; 安葬; 结束.
例句: I'll take care of it; now you can lay your mind at rest. (我会解决这个问题; 你现在可以安心了)

02. lay away, to
定义: 储存以备未来之用; 先分期付款, 等付清再提货.
例句: They are trying to lay away some money for their vacation next year. (他们想要省下一些钱以便在明年休假时可以花用)

03. lay bare, to
定义: 公开; 显露, 透露; 曝光; 裸露.
例句: She is an introverted person who doesn't like to lay bare her feelings. (她是个内向的人, 不喜欢向别人透露她的内心想法)

04. lay by the heels, to
定义: 加上脚镣或脚链, 监禁, 束缚; 击败, 征服.
例句: Tom, was laid by the heels, for aiding and abetting in the distribution of illegal drugs. (由于协助以及教唆主犯分销毒品, 汤姆被关押监禁)

05. lay by, to
定义: 弃置一旁; 收藏好以后再用; (玉米田)最后一次耕作.
例句: She has been able to lay by a few dollars each week. (她每个星期总能够省下一些钱. 注: 这里的a few等于not many but some, 也就是: 虽然不多但有一些)

06. lay charges, to
定义: [英国]正式起诉某人, 控告某人.
例句: I've already contacted the police and I will lay charges against you if do not go away immediately. (我已经报警了, 如果你不马上离开的话, 我将控告你)

07. lay claim to, to
定义: 声称拥有, 坚持所有权.
例句: I cannot lay claim to being an expert in growing peony, but being a planter of many years. (我不能声称是个种植牡丹的专家, 但可以声称为一个多年的种植户)

08. lay down one's life, to
定义: 愿意牺牲自己性命.
例句: I hope you will never be asked to lay down your lives for your principles. (我希望你永远不会被要求为了你的原则牺牲你的性命)

09. lay down the law, to
定义: 强制性地立下规矩.
例句: The new management plans to lay down the law to the workers regarding long lunch breaks. (新的管理阶层计划强制性地立下有关工人过长午休时间的新规矩)

10. lay down your arms, to
定义: 把武器放下.
例句: Lay down your arms! Why are we fighting each other? We were supposed to be brothers, no matter what! (放下你们的武器! 我们为什么互相争斗? 不管怎样我们本应是兄弟!)

11. lay down, to
定义: 停止使用, 放弃, 交出; 明确地规定, 指定, 命令, 指挥; 停止抵抗; 收藏, 保存; 对准; 放下, 牺牲.
例句: The company has laid down strict new safety standards. (这家公司明确地规定新的安全标准)

12. lay emphasis/stress on ..., to
定义: 着重于..., 强调...的重要性.
例句: I'm afraid I laid too much stress on the notion of good school attendance. If you are really sick, stay home! (我恐怕我过份地强调了良好的上课出勤率观点. 如果你真是生病的话,留在家里养病!)

13. lay eyes on, to
定义: 瞧见, 看见.
例句: She says she's my sister, but I've never laid eyes on her before. (她说她是我的妹妹, 但我这辈子从来就没见过她)

14. lay for, to
定义: 埋伏, 伺机攻击; 整暇以待; 为某人准备食物.
例句: Muggers were laying for the unsuspecting pedestrian in the dark alley. (抢匪埋伏在黑暗巷子里伺机攻击完全没戒心的路过行人)

15. lay hold of, to
定义: 取得, 拿到, 捕捉.
例句: In order to do your business legally, first you need to lay hold of a Texas sales and use tax permit. (为了合法地从事生意, 你首先需要取得一张德州销售税以及使用税许可证)

16. lay in, to
定义: 弃置一旁; 储藏, 收藏好以后再用.
例句: Be sure to lay in enough food for the long Alaska winter. (你务必要储藏足够的食物来度过漫长的阿拉斯加冬天)

17. lay into, to
定义: [俚语]痛斥; 拳打脚踢, 痛殴; 大快朵颐, 痛快大吃大喝.
例句: My dad really laid into me for driving recklessly. (我爸爸痛斥我轻率鲁莽地开车)

18. lay it on the line, to
定义: 付清; 说清楚, 讲明白;孤注一掷, 把...押上去或赌上去.
例句: The librarian finally had to lay it on the line and told everyone not to bring drinks into the library. (这位图书管理员最后不得不把话说清楚, 告诉所有人不得携带饮料进入图书馆)

19. lay it on thick, to
定义: 夸张, 夸大; 阿谀奉承, 赞不绝口.
例句: You should compliment her cooking but don't lay it on too thick or she'll know you don't mean it. (你应该称赞她的烹调技巧但别阿谀奉承得太肉麻否则她会知道你不是真心的赞美她)

20. lay it on with a trowel, to
定义: 夸张, 夸大; 阿谀奉承, 赞不绝口.
例句: OK, Bob, I think Mary understands the trouble she's in, no need to lay it on with a trowel. (好了, 鲍伯, 我想玛莉已经明白了她所面临的麻烦, 你不需要再夸大其辞)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 58 访客