royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 739

帖子 royl » 周日 3月 18, 2018 12:53 am

二十笔实用成语 739

01. make it plain and simple, to
定义: 把话说得简单明了.
例句: Make it plain and simple. Let him know the utter seriousness of this matter. (把话说得简单明了. 让他知道这件事情是极为严重的)

02. make it possible for ..., to
定义: 使...成为可能.
例句: Your financial support made it possible for Mark to go to university. (你的财物支援使得马克就读大学成为可能)

03. make it quick/snappy, to
定义: 做快一点. (注: 意指时间短促)
例句: I'll have a Coke, and please make it snappy! (我要一杯可口可乐, 请你快一点送来! 注: 说这句话的人是一名点饮料的顾客)

04. make it sound like ..., to
定义: 把它说成像..., 把它扭曲成...
例句: This is my story, okay? And you're making it sound like I'm making it up. (这是我经历的事, 好吗? 你把它说成好像是我编造出来的故事一样)

05. make it stick, to
定义: 让某个指控强而有力; 让某句话被人常记于心; 让某个变化具有永久性.
例句: You can charge them with fraud, but you'll need more evidence if you want to make it stick. (你可以控告他们诈欺罪, 但是你需要更多的证据如果你想建立强而有力的指控)

06. make it that far, to
定义: 做到那个程度, 走这么远.
例句: I don't think I can make it that far because my lower back is killing me. Can you drive the rest of the way home? (我不认为我可以开到那么远, 因为我的后腰疼得要命.你能够开剩下的路程回家吗?)

07. make it through, to
定义: 渡过(难关), 撑下去.
例句: If he can make it through tonight, he'll see the sun tomorrow. (如果他能够撑过今夜, 他就能够见到明天的阳光)

08. make it to ..., to
定义: 到达某一地点或目标; 撑到下一个地点.
例句: I hope our car can make it to the next town so we can get a new set of tires. (我希望我们的车子能够撑到下一个城镇, 如此我们就可以换一套全新的轮胎. 注: 意指现有的轮胎已经磨损殆尽, 再开下去将会危及行车安全)

09. make it to the top, to
定义: 登峰造极; 非常成功; 晋升为领导人.
例句: I wouldn't dream of making it to the top. Only a few people were able to achieve it. (我想都不会想到晋升为最高阶层. 只有少数的人才能够取得如此成就)

10. make it up to someone, to
定义: 补偿某人的损失.
例句: He'd neglected his children and wanted to make it up to them by spending more time with them. (他疏于照顾了他的儿女, 因此他想要多花些时间陪伴儿女来补偿他们所失去的父亲关怀)

11. make it worse, to
定义: 使其更糟.
例句: Jamming on the brakes will only make it worse. The car will then skid and lose control. (硬踩住煞车只会使情况变得更糟. 车子会因此打滑和失去控制)

12. make it worthwhile, to
定义: 使其值得去花时间, 值得做的, 值得去努力, 有成果或回报.
例句: Seeing my children's joy made building the tree house all worthwhile. (见到我家小朋友的喜悦使得建造小树屋成为值得花费时间的活动)

13. make it, to
定义: 成功, 赢得接受, 得到欢迎, 得到赞同; 到达某地点或目标; 发生性行为.
例句: Can you make it tonight? Can you come to the meeting? (你今晚能不能来? 你能够参与这场会议吗?)

14. make its way inland, to
定义: 登陆, 进入内陆. (注: 例如台风登陆)
例句: As the storm made its way inland, many Houstonians heeded warnings and stocked up on emergency supplies and prepared themselves. (当这场风暴登陆之后, 许多休士顿居民留心了警告, 储备了应急物资以及做好准备工作)

15. make life easy on, to
定义: 使某人日子过得轻松, 方便, 简单.
例句: If you plan to visit the bank in person every day, you can make life easy on yourself by choosing a bank with a branch office near you. (你如果计划每天都要亲自去银行办事的话, 你可以选择一个位于附近的银行分行如此可以使得你生活便利)

16. make light of, to
定义: 不当一回事, 不视为重要.
例句: I wish you wouldn't make light of his problems. (我希望你别把这个问题不当一回事)

17. make light/quick work of something, to
定义: 轻易迅速达成或解决某事.
例句: A freezer and microwave oven can make light work of cooking. (一部冷冻柜和一台微波炉就可以使得烹饪工作轻松便捷)

18. make like a banana and split, to
定义: [双关俚语]你走开, 别烦我; 咱们走吧; 离开. (注: banana split就是香蕉船冰淇淋, split是离开之意)
例句: This carnival turned out to be really boring. Come on, let's make like a banana and split! (这次的狂欢节变得好枯燥无聊. 算了吧, 咱们离开吧!)
图片
狂欢节
图片
香蕉船

19. make like a tree and leaf, to
定义: [双关俚语]你走开, 别烦我; 咱们走吧; 离开. (注: tree and leaf就是树和叶之意, leave跟leaf发音相似, 是离开的意思)
例句: Why don't you make like a tree, and leaf? (你干嘛不离我远一点, 别烦我好吗?)

20. make like, to
定义: 装作, 假装; 摆出一副样子.
例句: She makes like she's the boss around here. (她摆出一副她是这里老板的样子)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 40 访客