royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 742

帖子 royl » 周四 3月 29, 2018 11:23 pm

二十笔实用成语 742

01. make one's hair curl, to; make one's hair stand on end, to
定义: 吓得汗毛直竖, 令人惊吓.
例句: When we go camping, every little noise heard after dark outside my tent makes my hair stand on end. It could be a bear, after all! (当我们去露营的时候, 天黑之后我每听到帐篷外面的轻微声音都令我吓得汗毛直竖. 毕竟熊也会发出这样声音!)

02. make one's head spin, to
定义: 弄得晕头转向, 被弄得迷惑惊奇.
例句: All the numbers on this sheet will make your head spin. (这张报表里的所有数字让我读得晕头转向, 不知所云)

03. make one's heart bleed, to
定义: 令人真诚地同情或怜悯.
例句: His mom died unexpectedly last week. It makes my heart bleed for him. (他母亲上个星期出乎意外地过逝了. 我很同情他失去亲人的痛苦)

04. make one's home, to
定义: 定居下来.
例句: I am an attorney. I have lived in the Austin area all of my life. I make my home at the Lake Travis with my wife and brothers nearby. (我是一名律师. 我从小到大都住在奥斯汀. 我跟我妻子和住在附近的兄弟们在特拉维斯湖边定居)

05. make one's mouth water, to
定义: 鲜艳欲滴, 令人垂涎, 食指大动.
例句: Your chocolate cake smells so good it makes my mouth water. (你的巧克力蛋糕香味扑鼻, 让我垂涎不已)

06. make one's own way, to
定义: 向前行进, 前往; 凭个人的努力取得成就.
例句: Our country prides itself on letting people make their own way, relying on no one else's work but their own. (我们国家引以为傲的是让人民凭他们个人的努力取得成功, 不凭借别人的成就而只靠自己的努力)

07. make one's pile, to
定义: 赚大笔钱.
例句: After I made my pile, I knew I could live exactly as I pleased. (在我赚了大钱之后, 我明白了我可以爱怎么过日子就怎么过)

08. make one's point, to
定义: 有效地表达自己想法.
例句: Once you've made your point, you should stop talking. (一旦你表达完了自己的看法, 你就应该别再说话了)

09. make one's presence known, to
定义: 让别人注意自己在场或存在.
例句: I don't strive to make my presence known. My absence is what makes most people remember that I once was among them. (我不会力求让别人注意自己的存在. 我的不在场才会促使大多数人想到我曾经一度身处他们之中)

10. make one's voice heard, to
定义: 让人听到意见, 取得别人的注意.
例句: I have to make my voice heard about the importance of harnessing the solar power to promote sustainability. (我必须使别人听取我的有关利用太阳能来推动永续发展之重要性的看法)

11. make one's way, to
定义: 向前行进, 前往; 凭个人的努力取得成就.
例句: We decided to try another restaurant and made out way to an overnight cafe. There we were met with good food and good service which was very pleasant. (我们决定换另一家餐厅看看, 为此我们去了一家通宵营业的小餐馆. 在那儿他们提供了可口的食物和温馨的服务, 让你感到宾至如归)

12. make oneself at home, to
定义: 当在家里一样, 轻松自在.
例句: "I hope I'm not too early." "Not at all. Come in and make yourself at home." ("我希望我来得不是太早." "来得正好. 进来, 别拘束, 就当在家里一样.")

13. make oneself felt, to
定义: 施展自己的权威, 发挥影响改变别人的意见或行为.
例句: He was not able to make himself felt when trying to resolve the conflict. (在试图化解冲突的工作上, 他没法施展说服力和影响力)

14. make oneself heard, to
定义: 想办法要别人听到你的声音.
例句: I had to scream to make myself heard over the sound of the plane's engines. (我不得不大声喊叫才能压低飞机引擎的噪音让别人听到我说的话)

15. make oneself scarce, to
定义: 故意不出席; 躲开, 跑掉.
例句: I'd better make myself scarce before your parents get home. (我最好在你父母回家之前离开这里)

16. make oneself understood, to
定义: 想办法要别人了解你的意思.
例句: I'm really trying to make myself understood, and when I meet with blank stares that is not very pleasant at all. (我非常想要别人了解我的意思, 当我看见别人茫然不解眼神的时候真教我苦不堪言)

17. make oneself useful, to
定义: 做些有用的事或正经事.
例句: You know, instead of just sitting there watching TV, you could make yourself useful like bathing the dogs. (你知道吗, 与其干坐在那儿看电视, 你可以做些有用的事例如帮狗洗个澡)

18. make or break, to
定义: 决定成功或失败的一个关键.
例句: This assignment will make or break her as a reporter. (这个被指派的任务将是决定她成为或失去作为一名记者的关键)

19. make out a case for ..., to
定义: 为...辩护, 证明...有理, 提出对...有利的证据.
例句: I'm sure we can make out a case for hiring another assistant due to the recent explosive growth of our business. (由于我们公司最近的爆发性增长, 我确信我们可以提出再雇用另一个助手有利的理由)

20. make out a check/cheque, to
定义: 开出支票(付款).
例句: Would you make out a check to me for $100? (能不能请你开一张一百元的支票给我?)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 48 访客