royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 745

帖子 royl » 周日 4月 15, 2018 9:52 pm

二十笔实用成语 745

01. make something up, to
定义: 虚构, 临时编造, 胡诌.
例句: He made the story up about his lost wallet. (他遗失皮夹的谎言是他编造的)

02. make something worth one's while, to
定义: 令某事所得回报值得付出时间与努力.
例句: I was reluctant to do research at another library at first, but this one totally made my study worth while, as they had a ton of books on my topic. (我起先不愿意在另一间图书馆做研究工作,但这间图书馆完全使得我的努力值得付出因为他们收藏了许多跟我研究主题有关的书籍)

03. make sport of, to
定义: 闹着玩, 嘲笑, 戏弄.
例句: You wouldn't make sport of a cancer patient for losing all her hair. Would you? (你不会嘲笑一个头发掉光的癌症女病人, 是吧?)

04. make strange bedfellows, to
定义: 两个性质相异合伙人的搭档; 看起来不太可能的合作; 奇怪的组合.
例句: A playboy musician and an ultra-conservative media pundit may make odd bedfellows, but the two are coming together all this month to bring a spotlight to suicide awareness. (一名花花公子音乐家和一名极端保守的媒体评论员也许是一对奇怪组合, 但他两人整个月联手一起推动社会大众防范自杀的警觉意识)

05. make incendiary remarks, to
定义: 做出煽动性语言.
例句: A popular radio talk show host has outraged parents and activists over incendiary remarks he made about autism. (一名当红的谈话节目主持人发出了针对自闭症的煽动性语言激怒了家长们和社运活跃份子)

06. make sure, to
定义: 弄清事实, 查清楚, 确定.
例句: Make sure that you turn the oven off, and all the doors and windows are locked before you leave. (在你离开之前, 你务必要把烤箱关掉, 把所有的门窗都锁好)

07. Make sure you ask the right questions.
[成语句型]你务必要问对问题.

08. make sweetheart deals, to
定义: 私下安排不道德交易. (注: 意指私下安排交易图利少数人而牺牲多数人的利益)
例句: The story revealed the Los Angeles City Council made sweetheart deals with certain sign companies, allowing them to break the city's own zoning laws. (这则报导透露了洛杉矶市议会与某些广告牌公司安排一些不道德交易, 允许他们违反该市分区规划法令. 注: zoning laws是指市区内的新住宅和新商店必须建造在被规划的住宅区或商业区之内的法令)

09. make terms, to
定义: 约定, 讲妥, 达成协定; 妥协.
例句: No matter how much we want things to be very different, we have to make terms with the current situation. (不管我们多么渴望情况变得迥然不同, 我们还是必须跟现实状况妥协. 注: 此句话意指尽管我们希望情况能够依照我们的心意发展但这只是一厢情愿想法因为实际状况多为不尽人意)

10. make the bed, to
定义: 铺床叠被, 整理床铺.
例句: Please make the bed before you eat breakfast. (请你在吃早餐之前把床铺整理好)

11. make the best of a bad bargain/job/situation, to
定义: 善加利用情势; 处于劣势下创造最佳成果.
例句: I know this data entry job isn't what you wanted for a career, but for the time being, try and make the best of a bad bargain. (我知道这个数据输入工作不是你所想要的工作, 但是在目前这个时刻, 你应该在处于劣势之下力求最佳成果. 注: 数据输入工作就是以键盘为主滑鼠为辅把数据打进电脑)

12. make the best of, to
定义: 善加利用情势; 处于劣势下创造最佳成果.
例句: I don't like it too, but I will tr​​y to make the best of the summer job by making a decent sum of money. (我也不喜欢这个情况, 但是我只好力求最佳成果, 也就是说借着这个暑假打工机会赚取一笔还算不错的工资)

13. make the best possible use of ..., to
定义: 尽可能作最佳的利用.
例句: The objective of every business is to make the best possible use of limited resources such as manpower, machines and materials. (每个公司的目标都是尽可能地把人力, 机器和原料等有限的资源作最佳的利用)

14. make a/the break with/from ..., to
定义: 断然切断与某人的关系; 改弦更张, 完全改变以往的作风; 逃脱, 逃离.
例句: When a relationship ends, it's often best to make a clean break. (当一段恋情结束了, 经常最好的方式就是两人突然和完全地切断双方的关系)

15. make the/a claim ..., to
定义: 声称..., 宣称...; 申请理赔.
例句: After her house was burgled, she made a claim on her insurance. (在她的家遭窃之后, 她向她的保险公司申请理赔)

16. make the cut, to
定义: 过关, 通过淘汰赛或筛选.
例句: You might have an impressive resume, but you'll never make the cut if you don't have excellent interview skills. (你也许有一份不俗的履历表, 但你如果没有一套出色的面试技巧, 你永远不会通过筛选)

17. make the dust/feathers/fur fly, to
定义: 吵或打得鸡飞狗跳, 弄得鸡犬不宁; 干劲十足地做事.
例句: When she saw the dog sleeping on her new bedspread, she really made the feathers fly. (当她看见这只狗睡在她新买的床罩上, 她真是气得大吵大闹)

18. make the first move, to
定义: 先出手, 先动手, (男女之间)先主动示好.
例句: If he wants to see her, he should make the first move. (如果他想要见她的话, 他应当首先主动去约她)

19. make the grade, to
定义: 达到合格, 取得资格, 成功.
例句: I'm sorry, but your work doesn't exactly make the grade. (抱歉, 你的作品没有达到合格标准)

20. make the running, to
定义: 积极或主动带头; 有能力经营管理.
例句: We can always count on Rebecca to make all the running and see to it that all of these events happen perfectly. (我们总是可以指望蕊贝卡主理经营, 她会把这些活动办得妥善完美)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 46 访客