royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 747

帖子 royl » 周四 5月 03, 2018 12:03 am

二十笔实用成语 747

01. make war, to
定义: 发动战争, 开启战端, 开战, 打仗.
例句: To make war is to be greedy or insane or both. (发动战争不是贪婪就是疯狂或者两者都是)

02. make water, to
定义: 船只漏水; 撒尿, 上厕所.
例句: Can we stop at this gas station? I need to make water. (你能不能在这个加油站停下来? 我需要去撒尿. 注: 在美国, 你如果须要上厕所的话, 加油站是最佳选择)

03. make waves, to
定义: 兴风作浪; 造成混乱, 制造纠纷.
例句: He is calm and quiet at work and doesn't like to make waves. (他平常保持平静并且安静地工作, 不喜欢兴风作浪, 制造纠纷)

04. make way, to
定义: 让路, 移开; 让贤, 退休, 让人接班; 进步, 进展.
例句: The land is due to be bulldozed to make way for a parking garage. (这片土地预定将被铲平为一幢立体停车场让出空地)
图片
立体停车场

05. make whoopee, to
定义: 热闹庆祝; 做爱.
例句: Here's a photo of us making whoopee at David's wedding. (这是一张我们热烈庆祝大卫婚礼的照片)

06. make your heart skip a beat, to
定义: 令人极度吃惊, 惊吓或惊喜.
例句: That blast from the truck's horn made my heart skip a beat. (那部卡车突然发出的爆发响声把我吓了一大跳)

07. make yourself known, to
定义: 自我介绍, 介绍自己.
例句: I made myself known to the hotel manager as soon as I arrive the hotel. (我一到达这家旅馆之后, 我马上跟旅馆经理介绍自己)

08. make yourself look good, to
定义: 使自己看起来漂亮, 有利有理, 留给人好印象.
例句: Trying to make yourself look good by belittling other people is an empty and foolish action, a sign of immaturity and insecurity. (以贬低别人来试图抬高自己是一种空虚和愚昧的行为, 一个不成熟和没安全感的象征)

09. make/do/perform an analysis, to
定义: 做分析.
例句: Why not do an analysis and find out for sure what will be helpful before digging in based on a decision backed up by facts? (为什么不在全面投入工作之前做一个分析基于以事实为根据的决定寻找出哪一种方法是确实有助益的)

10. make/find common cause, to
定义: 团结大家在一个共同目标下, 共襄盛举.
例句: I'm a libertarian conservative but on many issues, I've found common cause with people who didn't share my ideology. (我是一个自由意志主义的保守者, 但是在许多的议题上, 我和与我不同意识形态的人团结在一个共同目标下)

11. make/find room, to
定义: 让出空间, 找出空间, 让出一条路, 不要挡路.
例句: Make room for Sam. He needs a place to sit. (让出一条路给山姆. 他需要一个地方坐下来)

12. make/post bail, to
定义: [法律术语]付钱保释. (注: 意指付法庭保释金以保证被释放的人会准时出庭应讯)
例句: If a defendant can post bail and presents no threat, he should be allowed to await trial at home (如果一名被告能够付出保释金以及不造成威胁, 他应该可以被允许在家中等待审判)

13. make/prepare/write a/the will, to
定义: 准备遗嘱, 立遗嘱.
例句: The attorney who prepared the will has an interest in defending the integrity of the will almost always testify that the will properly stated the wishes of the decedent. (为了维护自己的利益, 这名准备遗嘱的律师自然会为这个遗嘱的正当性辩护几乎都会证明这份遗嘱正确地表述了死者的心愿)

14. making of, the
定义: 成为成功的方法或原因.
例句: Those two years of hard work were the making of him. (那两年的辛苦工作乃是促使他成功的因素)

15. male chauvinist, a
定义: 大男人主义者, 鄙视女性者.
例句: I'm not a male chauvinist but I just can't handle my girlfriend when she is suffering PMT. (我不是一个鄙视女性者但当我女友遭受经前紧张症折磨的时候, 我实在没办法应付她)

16. man Friday, a
定义: 男仆, 得力助手.
例句: I like to have my son be my man Friday during "take your child to work" day. He's a better worker than some of my employees! (在"带你的孩子去上班"的那一天, 我想要我儿子作我的得力助手. 他比我的一些员工的工作品质还要好)

17. man in the street, a
定义: 普通的人.
例句: Just interview a man in the street, we can hear public sentiment about the new law. (只要采访一名普通人, 我们就可以听一听公众对新法令的看法)

18. man of action, a
定义: 干实事的人, 积极行动的人.
例句: I am a man of action not words. (我是一个干实事的人, 不是一个空谈的人)

19. man of few words, a
定义: 沉默寡言的人; 一个不说废话的人.
例句: Mr. Jiang is a man of few words, but when he speaks, people listen. (姜先生是个沉默寡言的人, 但是当他说话的时候, 人们都会注意倾听)

20. man of his word, a
定义: 言出必行者, 言而有信的人.
例句: Bob, I'm a man of my word. If I tell you I'll be at your house tomorrow morning at 10, then that's when I'll be there. (鲍伯, 我是个言而有信的人. 如果我告诉你我明天早上十点钟到你家, 我必会准时到你家)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 52 访客