royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 749

帖子 royl » 周五 5月 18, 2018 12:09 pm

二十笔实用成语 749

01. manage to get away, to
定义: 设法逃走.
例句: Somehow the victim managed to get away and get inside the home. The suspects then fled the scene with the victim's wallet. (不知为什么这名被害人设法逃脱并跑进房屋内. 嫌犯随后逃离现场并带走了被害人的皮夹子)

02. man-bites-dog story, a
定义: 人咬狗的新闻. 新闻学有云狗咬人不是新闻, 人咬狗才是新闻.
例句: A man-bites-dog story is unusual and interesting. The cause, event and outcome are not what we've become used to. The media will cover this kind of story for days or weeks on end. (一则人咬狗的新闻既不寻常也有趣味. 它的原因, 事件的发生和结果并不是我们所习以为常的. 新闻媒体自然会连日或连续多个星期不停地登载此类新闻)

03. maneuver behind the scenes, to
定义: 幕后运作.
例句: Charles De Gaulle gave Kelly's husband Prince Rainier III six months to change his tax laws, and she maneuvered behind the scenes to save Monaco from a coup. (夏尔•戴高乐给予凯莉丈夫摩纳哥亲王兰尼耶三世六个月的时间修改他的税法, 在她的幕后运作之下, 她解救了摩纳哥免于一场政变劫难)

04. manna from heaven
定义: 天助. (注: 意指没料想到的好运, 好处或协助)
例句: Soups and other meals that take more time traditionally are ready in a half hour or less. Using the pressure cooker to make chicken noodle soup is manna from heaven. (浓汤和其他餐食在平常要多花时间烹调却能够在半小时之内煮好. 使用这把压力锅来熬制鸡汤面更有如天助)

05. man's best friend, a
定义: 狗. (注: 被称为人最忠实的朋友)
例句: Dogs have been trained to sniff out prey, drugs and even explosives – but new research reveals that man's best friend can also detect cancer. (狗一直被训练用来嗅出猎物, 毒品甚至于炸药– 但是新的研究结果显示出, 人最忠实的朋友也可以诊察出癌症)

06. mantle vs. mantel
[易混淆字或片语]mantle(名词)披风, 地幔, 覆盖物, 衣钵, 火炉外墙; mantel(名词)壁炉台, 璧炉架.

07. Manual, what manual? I don't need a manual.
[成语句型]手册, 什么手册? 我不需要手册. (注: 意指有些人过于自信不肯阅读使用手册)

08. many a time
定义: 许多次, 经常.
例句: Oh, that's my favorite restaurant. I've been there many a time! (啊, 那是我喜爱的餐厅. 我经常去那里吃饭!)

09. many a/an
定义: 无数, 很多. (注: 虽然论及很多的数量, 你要用单数名词在后; 例如: many a child, 很多的小孩)
例句: Many a student was absent today. (许多学生今天没来上学)

10. Many happy returns of the day.
定义: [祝福语]福如东海, 寿比南山.
例句: Hey Jack, many happy returns of the day! Are you going to do anything special to celebrate the occasion? (嗨杰克, 祝你福如东海, 寿比南山! 你要做什么特别的事情来庆祝你的生日?)

11. many is the
定义: 无数, 很多. (注: 虽然论及很多的数量, 你要用单数名词在后. 例如: many is the child, 很多的小孩)
例句: Many is the child who has been warned against strangers. (许多小朋友受到了不要跟陌生人接触的告诫)

12. many moons ago
定义: 很久以前.
例句: I used to be quite the athlete many moons ago. (我很久以前曾经是个不错的运动员)

13. many more
定义: 更多.
例句: I have many more friends here than I did in my home town. (我在这里的朋友要比在我老家的朋友多得多了)

14. many times over
定义: 超过许多倍; 许多次.
例句: Bill Gate is a billionaire many times over. (比尔•盖茨已经是超过许多倍的亿万富翁)

15. many times
定义: 很多次.
例句: "Your parents warned you many times." "They never once warned me. They believed in me. They knew me." ("你父母亲警告过你许多次." "他们一次都没警告我. 他们信得过我. 他们也了解我.")

16. many, if not most.
定义: 很多, 即使不是绝大部分.
例句: In many if not most cases, ear aches are not dangerous; most are minor infections the body can fight off on its own within a few days to a week. (在很多即使不是绝大部分的情况下, 耳痛并不具有危害性; 大多情况是轻微感染, 人体能够在几天至一个星期内克服病毒)

17. many's the day
定义: 好多天, 曾有许多天.
例句: Many's the day we have spent together. (我们好多天都待在一起)

18. many's the time
定义: 好多次, 曾有许多次.
例句: Many and many's the time I warned him not to go to the swimming hole by himself. (许多次我警告他别独自一个人去小溪深处玩)

19. march to a different beat/drummer, to
定义: 特立独行, 与众不同.
例句: Look, I respect the fact that you like to march to a different beat, but do you have to make a point of doing everything in a contrarian way? (你听我说, 我虽然尊重你特立独行的个性,但是你有必要做每件事情都故意与众不同吗?)

20. mark a/the watershed, to
定义: 标志着转变的分水岭.
例句: They mark 1973 as the watershed year in American economy, when the US started lowering import tariffs from 40 per cent to the current average of five per cent. (他们把1973年标志为美国经济转变的分水岭, 当时美国政府开始降低进口关税从百分之四十降至近年来的百分之五)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 52 访客