royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 750

帖子 royl » 周五 5月 18, 2018 12:13 pm

二十笔实用成语 750

01. mark down, to
定义: 减价. (注: 意指为了促销或出清存货而减价)
例句: These shoes were really a bargain! The store marked them down by 40%! (这些鞋子真是便宜啊! 那家百货公司把鞋子打六折减价!)

02. mark my words, to
定义: 仔细听我的话, 记住我的话.
例句: Mark my word, Tom, I will get even with you if it's the last thing I do! (记住我的话, 汤姆, 无论如何我一定会报复你, 好好地跟你算这笔帐!)

03. mark off, to
定义: 画线分隔一区域, 圈画出一区域(作为特殊用途); 在名单上的项目旁边打勾.
例句: Make a to-do list and mark things off as they're accomplished. (做一份要办的事情清单, 把已经办妥的事情在旁边打个勾)

04. mark out, to
定义: 圈画出一块图画或文字以便于看清楚.
例句: I have marked out the best way to get to the airport. (我已经把去飞机场的捷径圈画出来)

05. mark someone down as, to
定义: 断定某人是属于某种人.
例句: She has marked me down as a difficult person to deal with. (她已经断定了我是属于那种难以相处的人)

06. mark someone out for, to
定义: 选择了某人担负一个角色或或注定某人的命运.
例句: But there was something in the quality of her voice that marked her out for a different musical path. (但是她的声音中某个特质让她走上了一条不同的音乐生涯道路)

07. mark someone's card, to
定义: 给予某人消息; 果决地马上纠正某人.
例句: Shortly after I started, one of my co-workers marked my card about the boss's tendency to give very harsh criticism. (在我开始工作不久之后我的一名同事马上就告诉我老板声色俱厉地批评下属的癖好)

08. mark time, to
定义: 原地踏步; 静态地等待.
例句: "What are you doing at the moment?" "Nothing really. I'm just marking time until somebody offers me a better job." ("你目前在干什么?" "什么都没干. 我只是静静地等待有人提供我一个更好的工作.")

09. mark up, to
定义: 加价. (注: 意指为了增加利润)
例句: Mrs. White's import shop is profitable because she buys things inexpensively and then marks them up. (怀特太太的进口商店很赚钱因为她购进便宜货物然后再将它们开高价钱出售)

10. mark you
定义: [提醒语]注意, 留心仔细听.
例句: They are expensive, mark you, but the quality of their craftsmanship is worth the extra price. (你要注意, 它们相当昂贵, 但它们的工艺品质很精致, 值得它们高昂的价钱)

11. marked man, a
定义: 受瞩目杰出的人; 受瞩目堕落的人; 众矢之的; 被追杀对象.
例句: After Ed alerted the authorities about the corruption that took place within the company, he became a marked man. (爱德通报了警方有关公司内发生的贪污腐败的不法行为之后, 他成为了被追杀对象)

12. market share, the
定义: 市场占有率. (注: 意指一个产品或服务所占其有关整个市场的百分比)
例句: The market attracts new players and vendors resort to competitive pricing to increase their market shares. (这个市场吸引新的竞争者加入, 卖家凭借着具有竞争力的价格来增加它们的市场占有率)

13. marriage/match made in heaven, a
定义: 美满幸福的婚姻, 天造地设的一对, 天作之合, 完美的结合.
例句: Merging our bakery with the ice cream parlor next door was a great idea – it's a marriage made in heaven. (将我们面包店和隔壁的冰淇淋店合并是个好主意 – 它是一个完美的结合)

14. marriage of convenience, a
定义: 权宜的组合, 纯粹为利益所组成的联盟.
例句: For visa reasons, Nancy weds Jeremy, but this marriage of convenience only brings Jeremy deeper frustration. (为了签证的原故, 南茜嫁给杰瑞米, 但这个权宜的婚姻只给杰瑞米带来更深切的挫折感)

15. marry above oneself, to
定义: 与比自己社会地位高的人结婚.
例句: They say she married above herself, but who cares? (他们说她嫁给一个比自己社会地位高的先生, 但是谁在乎这种事情?)

16. marshmellow vs. marshmallow
定义: [易混淆字或片语]许多人把蜀葵软糖误拼写为marshmellow, 其实marshmallow才是正确拼法.
图片
蜀葵软糖

17. marvel at, to
定义: 惊讶, 好奇.
例句: And there I was, flying above it, marveling at the expanse of shining blue water, dotted with delicate islands, calm as a mirror. (我正好就在那儿, 飞越过它, 惊奇地俯视波光粼粼的广阔蓝色海水, 点缀着精美的岛屿, 平静着像似一面镜子)

18. masquerade as, to
定义: 伪装成某人, 装扮成某人.
例句: Badly acted, written and directed, it is nothing more than a dirty movie masquerading as a character study. (拙劣的表演, 编剧和导演, 它不过是一个粗俗电影伪装成一个性格研究的影片)

19. massage someone's ego, to
定义: 恭维, 奉承.
例句: He gained the friendship of powerful politicians by massaging their egos. (经由恭维, 奉承等手法, 他取得了数个有权势政治人物的友谊)

20. massive undertakings, the
定义: 巨大的工程, 事业, 企业.
例句: The B&R Initiative is such a massive undertaking that even China with all its resources, people and financing has sought partnerships with foreign companies. ("一带一路倡议"是个浩大的事业, 即使拥有庞大资源, 人口和资金的中国也一直寻求外国企业作为伙伴)
图片
一带一路倡议的路线图

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 70 访客