royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 751

帖子 royl » 周二 5月 22, 2018 1:42 pm

二十笔实用成语 751

01. mastermind behind, the
定义: 幕后主谋者, 幕后策划者.
例句: Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, the mastermind behind Pearl Harbor attack, had warned "We can run wild for six months or a year, but after that I have utterly no confidence." (山本五十六大将, 偷袭珍珠港幕后主谋者, 曾发出警告"我们还可以横行半年或一年, 但是再往后我就完全没有信心.")
图片
日本海军偷袭珍珠港

02. match someone with, to
定义: 替某人撮合, 作媒或找配偶.
例句: She wants to match Harriet with Mr. Elton, and when Harriet compliments him, Emma's plan is set in motion. (她打算要撮合哈丽雅特和埃尔顿先生, 当哈丽雅特赞赏他的时候,爱玛就启动她的作媒计划)

03. match the description, to
定义: 符合这个形容或描述.
例句: Police say the suspect matched the description of several witnesses and was taken into custody after a foot chase. (警方说这名嫌犯符合了几位目击者的描述, 经历了一阵徒步追逐之后才把嫌犯收押起来)

04. match up to, to
定义: 胜任; 一样的好; 符合; 与...相当.
例句: I'm sure she'll match up to the challenges of the new job. (我有信心她将会胜任她的新工作所带来的挑战)

05. match up well, to
定义: 搭配很好, 协调融洽.
例句: The barbecued chicken had kept a bright golden brown color throughout the cooking cycle, and the thick, sweet sauce matched up perfectly well with the deep, wood-smoked flavor. (在整个烤制过程, 这只烤鸡带着鲜亮金黄色泽, 而浓郁香甜的酱汁和强烈的木头薰肉风味搭配得完美)

06. match wits, to
定义: 斗智或拼幽默.
例句: Whenever I try to match wits with Fred, he always ends up running circles around me with his clever repartee. (每当我跟弗来德斗智的时候, 他总是最终以机智的回应遥遥领先我)

07. mate for life, to
定义: 终生厮守, 为伴一生.
例句: There are lots of members of the animal kingdom that mate for life. They mate with the same partner till the bond is broken either because of death or if any partner is preyed. (在动物世界里有许多成员与其伴侣终生厮守. 他们与同一伴侣维持紧密关系直到某一伴侣的死亡或成为捕食者的牺牲品他们的关系才中断)
图片
终生厮守的天鹅

08. maternity leave, a
定义: (妇人)产假. (注: 意指妇女因为生小孩而无法工作的产假)
例句: They have no sick days or vacations, and there is no such thing as a maternity leave. (他们没有病假也没有休假, 并且更没有产假这么一说)

09. matter in hand, the
定义: 正在思考或讨论的议题.
例句: Let's get back to the matter at hand, people. Don't get distracted by side issues. (我们该回到正在讨论的议题上. 别被旁枝细节的问题分散注意力)

10. matter of individual/one's conscience, a
定义: 各凭良心的事情. (注: 意指全凭个人良心来决定该如何处理某件事情)
例句: I believe that donations are a matter of individual conscience; therefore each person can make their own decision. (我认为捐赠是全凭个人良心来决定的事情; 因此每人都可以做他自己的决定)

11. matter of life and death, a
定义: 关乎生死攸关的大事.
例句: I'm a nurse, so if I make a mistake at my job, it's a matter of life and death. (我是一名护士, 因此如果我在工作少犯了错误的话, 那可是关乎生死攸关的大事)

12. matter of opinion/taste, a
定义: 各说各话, 全凭个人品味, 见仁见智的意见或看法.
例句: "She's a great cook." "That's a matter of taste." ("她是一位做得一手好菜的厨师." "这只是凭个人口味的看法." 注: 意指答话者并不认同发话者的意见)

13. matter of/for, a
定义: 一件有关...之问题或事务.
例句: On this basis, the spillage of a million tons of oil is indeed a matter for ecological concern. (在此基础上, 百万吨石油的泄漏确实是一件令人担忧的生态问题)

14. max out, to
定义: 达到极限, 极速或最高额; 无法增长, 进步, 获利.
例句: Sarah has maxed out her credit card and owes $10,000. (莎拉已经达到了她的信用卡最高限额并欠款一万元. 注: 意指莎拉已经把给予她最高极限的信用额花光, 她在还清部分或全部欠款之前不能再使用信用卡, 而她的信用额正好是一万元)

15. May everything go well for you!
定义: [祝福语]祝你万事顺利! 诸事大吉!
例句: May everything go well for you in the new year which we enter upon today! (祝福你在新的年度也就是第一天的今天, 万事顺利, 诸事大吉!)

16. may I ask why (...)?
定义: 我可否问一问为什么(...)吗?
例句: May I ask why are you calling me at this late hour? (我可否问一问你为什么这么晚还打电话给我?)

17. May I get you something to drink while you wait?
[成语句型]在你等的时候, 我可以拿点饮料给你喝吗?

18. May I have the receipt, please?
[成语句型]请你给我收据, 好吗?

19. May I make a suggestion?
[成语句型]我可以提个建议吗?

20. May I use your pen?
[成语句型]我可以借用你的笔吗?

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: Google [Bot] 和 53 访客