royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 754

帖子 royl » 周二 6月 19, 2018 3:06 pm

二十笔实用成语 754

01. meet for drinks after work, to
定义: 下班后约好去喝酒聊天.
例句: I am looking for a place with a nice patio to meet for drinks after work in Uptown Dallas. (我正在达拉斯高级住宅区内寻找一个可以下班后约好去喝酒聊天的优美室外院子)
图片
餐馆附设的室外院子

02. meet one's match, to
定义: 棋逢敌手, 遇到了旗鼓相当的对手, 遇到了不好惹的人.
例句: A lot of kids who are used to being the smartest student in school are a little shell-shocked when they meet their match in college. (许多过去曾在学校内身为聪明伶俐的学生当他们在大学碰到了旗鼓相当的对手之后受到极大的震惊)

03. meet one's Waterloo, to
定义: 遭到重大挫败, 一败涂地.
例句: It was in attempting to climb the summit of this mountain that I realized I had met my Waterloo. (就在我试图攀登这座山顶颠峰的时候我明白了我遭遇到重大的挫败)

04. meet someone halfway, to
定义: 愿意妥协, 折衷, 互相让步.
例句: You can try to settle the claim out of court. See if he will meet you half way. (你可以试着在庭外和解这个索赔案件. 看看他是否会跟你折衷让步)

05. meet someone in the flesh, to
定义: 碰见到某名人的本人(本尊). (注: 意指不是在电视上看到的)
例句: We've been corresponding for years, so it was wonderful finally meeting him in the flesh at the conference. (我们已经相互通信了多年了, 因此最终在这场会议上碰见他的本人简直太神奇了)

06. meet the challenge, to
定义: 面对, 迎接或应付挑战.
例句: We have to meet the challenge head-on of doing as much with less staff. (我们必须要迎​​面应付在较少职工的状况下仍然能够达成同样工作量的挑战)

07. meet the needs of, to
定义: 满足或符合所需.
例句: The Summer Camp is designed to meet the needs of working parents or others who have a desire for interesting, supervised activities for their children. (这次夏令营是为了符合在职父母或其他想要给予他们儿女有趣味并且也有专人监督活动的人们所设计的)

08. meet the demands, to
定义: 符合需求, 满足需求.
例句: Our factory is making a hundred electric cars a day and still can't meet demand. (我们工厂一天制造一百部电动车, 仍旧无法满足需求)

09. meet the expectations, to
定义: 符合别人的期望, 要求或预期.
例句: The intern has not met our expectations in this area, and does not give indications she will do so in the near future. (这名实习生在这个领域上一直无法符合我们的期望, 也没有指标显示出她在近期内有能力达到我们的要求)

10. meet the requirements, to
定义: 符合要求, 满足要求.
例句: Her personal computer system costs a lot of money but at least it meets the requirements. (她的个人电脑系统花了不少钱但起码它还符合要求)

11. meet up, to
定义: 在外面与人碰面; 商讨; 达到一定要求; 与某人见面.
例句: Hey, let's meet up at the coffee shop later. I have to run to an appointment now. (嘿, 我们晚一点在那家咖啡店碰面. 我现在必须要赶赴一个约会)

12. meet with, to
定义: 经历, 遭受, 忍受, 碰到, 遇见, 结识, 面谈, 受到某个反应.
例句: I have to meet with John before I can give you an answer to that question. (我必须要先跟约翰讨论一下才能够给一个回覆你那个问题的答案)

13. meet your Maker, to
定义: 死亡. (注: 西方人说去见你的造物者也就是上西天之意)
例句: Please stop speeding, I don't want to meet my maker today! (求求你别超速, 我今天还不想死!)

14. meeting of the minds, a
定义: 想法与意见相同; 具有共识; 双方对于合约条款有相同理解.
例句: There was a meeting of the minds between finance industry leaders and law enforcement in order to help curb the identity theft crimes. (为了遏止身份盗窃犯罪的发生, 金融业领袖和执法单位双方产生了共识)

15. megaphone diplomacy
定义: 放话外交. (注: 意指以发布消息作交涉的外交手段)
例句: Senior Chinese and Vietnamese officials have agreed to settle their maritime disputes without resorting to "megaphone diplomacy." (中越两国的资深官员同意解决他们之间的海域纷争而不诉诸于"放话外交.")

16. mellow out, to
定义: 变为心软和善; 放轻松; 悠闲, 逍遥自在.
例句: We were just talking about how much he's mellowed out in the last year or two. (我们刚刚还谈到他在过去一两年间变得更悠哉悠哉并且逍遥自在)

17. melt in one's mouth, to
定义: 入口即溶, 很好吃. 香甜味美.
例句: I've never had such a perfect steak in my life! I swear it melted in my mouth. (我这辈子还没吃过这道完美的牛排! 我可以发誓它真是香甜味美)

18. melt your heart, to
定义: 使你感慨不已, 深受感动.
例句: The little girl told us a story that melted our hearts. (这个小女孩告诉了我们一个深受感动的故事)

19. melting pot, a
定义: 种族大熔炉.
例句: America is not a melting pot but a salad bowl where all the different cultures are combined like a salad but they do not mix or blend. (美国不是一个种族大熔炉而是一个沙拉大碗有如沙拉一样将所有不同的文化聚集在一起但它们并不互相混淆或结合)

20. member of ... family, a
定义: 属于...的族类/植物科.
例句: A magpie is a member of the crow family. It can be found throughout the country in a variety of places such as farmlands, moors, fields, cities and gardens. (喜鹊是属于乌鸦族类的一份子. 它们在全国各地都可以见得到例如农田, 荒地, 农庄, 牧场, 城市以及庭园)
图片
喜鹊

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 55 访客