royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 758

帖子 royl » 周二 7月 24, 2018 3:25 am

二十笔实用成语 758

01. mind-numbed robot, a
定义: 没有主见的人, 人云亦云的人.
例句: He didn't make you to be a mind-numbed robot, so he often leaves decisions up to you even big ones. (他并没有强迫你成为一个没主见的人, 因此他经常把事情交由你自行决定甚至连大事都交给你裁决)

02. mingle with, to
定义: 交往, 夹在人群中, 交谈.
例句: For strangers, one of my rules is that I must not mingle with people I don't know. (对于陌生人来说, 我个人有一条法则就是我不跟不认识的人交谈)

03. mint condition, be in
定义: 有如全新的状态.
例句: In an old garage we found a 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 in mint condition. (在一个旧车库里我们发现了一部1983年狄洛里恩DMC-12这一型的车它的状况跟新的一样)
图片
1983年狄洛里恩DMC-12

04. miscarriage of justice, a
定义: 审判不公, 误判, 冤案.
例句: Punishing the student for cheating was a miscarriage of justice. He was innocent! (以作弊为由惩罚这名学生是个冤案. 他是无辜的!)

05. misery guts, a
定义: [俚语]老是抱怨的人, 影响别人心情的人.
例句: I don't like talking to Paul because he's such a misery guts and always squashes my good mood. (我不想跟保罗讲话因为他是个老是抱怨的人, 他总是把我快乐的心情搞得很恶劣)

06. Misery loves company.
定义: 同病相怜, 同舟共济, 同是受苦的人容易作伴.
例句: I know misery loves company, but quit trying to bring me down just because you had a bad day at work. (我晓得同病相怜和同舟共济, 但是别因为你今天在工作上不顺利你就可以把我的心情弄糟)

07. misplace one's confidence, to
定义: 识人不明, 托付错误之人, 误信人言, 错误地相信.
例句: I have come to the conclusion that I've misplaced my confidence in believing that I am capable of doing whatever I want to. (我已经得到了结论, 也就是我错误地相信我可以做到任何我想要做的事情)

08. miss a beat, to
定义: 没跟上节拍, 脱序, 由于尴尬或迷惑而短暂地迟疑. (注: 经常使用在否定语气上)
例句: You can't fluster my mother. No matter how you try to shock or annoy her, she never misses a beat. (你没法做到使我母亲惊慌失措. 不管你怎么样惊吓她或激怒她, 她都会从容以对. 注: 由于使用在否定语气上, miss a beat的反义则成为"从容以对")

09. miss by a mile, to
定义: 重大失误, 错得离谱, 失算, 误判.
例句: Luke tried to guess on the examination, but his answers missed by a mile. (路克试图在这场考试猜答案, 但他的回答都错得离谱)

10. miss its/the mark, to
定义: 不精准, 失误, 失算.
例句: The film tries to be a commentary on the middle class in this country, but it ends up missing the mark. (这部电影试图成为这个国家的中产阶级评论, 但是它最终还是不准确)

11. miss one's/your chance/opportunity, to
定义: 错失良机.
例句: I'm sorry, you cannot go out to lunch today. You missed your chance to go yesterday. (抱歉, 你今天不能外出吃中饭. 你错失了昨天出去吃饭的机会)

12. miss out on, to
定义: 错过好机会, 未能加以利用.
例句: He missed out on the new job because he was late for the interview. (由于他去面试迟到, 他错失了这个新工作的机会)

13. miss someone, to
定义: 想念某人.
例句: I miss you when you go to Hong Kong. Can I go with you this time? (每次你去香港我都想念你. 这次我可不可以跟你一起去?)

14. miss the boat/bus, to
定义: 未能明白某事重要性, 错失良机.
例句: I missed the boat in the tech sector – I bought tech stocks after prices had peaked. (我错失了打进科技业的良机– 等我进场去买科技股的时候它们的价格已经是涨到最高点之后的事了)

15. miss the cut, to
定义: 被淘汰, 没过关.
例句: Despite a strong start in the tournament, Bob fell behind in the last nine holes and ended up missing the cut. (尽管在这次锦标赛之初的强劲表现, 鲍伯在最后九个洞却落后, 结果被淘汰)

16. miss the point, to
定义: 没听懂.
例句: That's not what I meant at all – you missed the point of everything I just said.? (那根本不是我的意思 – 你完全没听懂我刚刚所说的每一句话吗?)

17. mission accomplished
定义: 任务完成; 使命达成; 大功告成.
例句: Mission accomplished. I've got everything you asked for on the list. (大功告成. 我已经把你所要求被列入清单的东西都准备好了)

18. mission statement, a
定义: 使命声明. (注: 意指简洁介绍公司或组织理念, 任务及目标的声明)
例句: The company's mission statement emphasizes its ongoing commitment to meeting the needs of the community. (这家公司的使命声明强调了它的持续性承诺, 也就是致力满足这个社区的需求)

19. mistake for, to
定义: 误认, 认错人或物.
例句: Tom is always mistaking Bill for me. We don't look a thing alike, though. (汤姆总是把比尔当成我. 但是我跟比尔长得一点都不像)

20. mistakes have to be corrected, the
定义: 错误会被纠正.
例句: Quality assurance takes time but we don't have time. Mistakes have to be corrected promptly and permanently. (品质保证需要长时间来完成但是我们没有多少时间. 错误必须要及时并且永久性地更正)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 57 访客