royl
帖子: 1762
注册时间: 周一 12月 14, 2009 9:10 pm

二十笔实用成语 759

帖子 royl » 周三 8月 01, 2018 1:18 am

二十笔实用成语 759

01. mix and match, to
定义: 混合及搭配.
例句: I found a good sale on shirts. They were four for fifty dollars, and the store would let you mix and match. (我找到了一个衬衫的热卖. 他们四件卖五十块钱, 店家也允许你们混合搭配)

02. mix up, to
定义: 搞错, 搞糊涂, 分辨不清; 卷入, 牵连.
例句: He mixed up the videotapes and played the wrong one in front of the class. (他拿错了录像带, 在课堂上播放了错误的带子)

03. mixed blessing, a
定义: 利弊各半或喜忧掺半的事.
例句: My new promotion will be a mixed blessing for my family because I'll get a substantial raise, but I'll have to work long hours too. (我最近的升迁对我的家庭来说是个利弊各半的事因为我将取得大幅度的加薪, 但我也不得不将长时间工作)

04. mixed feelings
定义: 悲喜掺半, 复杂的感觉, 犹豫不决, 正负掺半的看法.
例句: I have mixed feelings. I'm happy about the new job, but sad about leaving my friends. (我的感觉是喜忧掺半, 对这个新工作我感到高兴, 但我却因为要离开我的朋友而忧伤)

05. mixed messages/signals
定义: 混杂, 不统一的讯息或讯号.
例句: I keep getting these mixed messages from my ex-girlfriend. I can't tell if she just wants to be friends, or if she's interested in getting back together. (我从我前女友那儿收到的总是这些混杂不清的讯息. 我没法了解她只是想跟我做个普通朋友或者是她想跟我再复合)

06. mixture as before, the
定义: 换汤不换药, 老调重弹.
例句: Critics accuse the plan to overhaul the tax code as the mixture as before – benefiting corporations while giving little to no benefit to middle- and lower-class workers. (批评者指控这个大幅修改税法的计划不过是换汤不换药的手法– 有利于大企业但无利于中产阶级和低层劳工们)

07. MO or modus operandi
定义: 操作方式, 工作模式, 犯案手法. (注: MO是modus operandi缩写)
例句: Every thief has his own special modus operandi. (每一名盗贼都有他自己独特的犯案手法)

08. Moderation in all things.
定义: 凡事要适度, 依中道而行.
例句: Red wine, dark chocolate, and coffee are often said to be beneficial to health – but always in small quantities. Moderation in all things. (红酒, 黑巧克力, 和咖啡经常被人提起对健康有益– 但总是要饮食小量为佳. 凡事以适量为主)

09. modern society
定义: 现代社会.
例句: Mobile phones are now a feature of modern society and most of the young students own one. (手机现在成为现代社会的一项特色, 大多数的年轻学生都拥有一只手机)

10. modest about, be
定义: 谦逊不张狂的.
例句: He was kind, generous and always modest about his achievements. (他心地善良, 慷慨, 并总是对自己的成就谦逊不张扬)

11. mom-and-pop business, a
定义: 家庭经营小生意.
例句: That reminds me of a superstore that pats itself on the back for putting a mom-and-pop hardware store out of business. (那让我想起一家大型商场将一间家庭经营的小五金行弄得关门倒闭而沾沾自喜)

12. moment by moment
定义: (时间流逝)瞬息之间.
例句: The weather kept changing moment by moment. (这个天气不停地瞬息万变)

13. moment of crisis, a
定义: 危机时刻, 危急时刻.
例句: Organize your emergency numbers so in a moment of crisis, you can quickly call the appropriate emergency number from your mobile phone. (先整理好你的紧急电话号码如此在危急的时刻你可以用你的手机迅速打出适当的紧急求助号码)

14. moment of truth, the
定义: 得知真相或成败的一刻, 成败真相大白的一刻.
例句: The moment of truth has arrived. My grades are in this envelope. (成败大白的一刻已经来临. 我的成绩单就在这个信封里)

15. momma's/mama's/mummy's boy, a
定义: 懦弱, 太秀气, 依赖, 凡事顺从母亲的妈宝.
例句: I get along with my mom and I obey her, but I'm not a mama's boy. (我跟我母亲相处融洽而且我听从我母亲, 但我不是个妈宝)

16. Monday morning at nine a.m. or am or AM
定义: 星期一早上九点钟.
例句: We're running low on funds for the month, so we put him in the Econo Lodge, and we'll bring him over here next Monday morning at nine am sharp. (我们这个月的资金短缺, 所以我们把他安置在便宜的Econo Lodge汽车旅馆并且在下星期一早上九点整我们准时把他带到这里)
图片
Econo Lodge汽车旅馆

17. Monday-morning quarterback, a
定义: 事后诸葛亮; 放马后炮的人.
例句: Critics and Monday-morning quarterbacks are a dime a dozen, but it remains to be seen. (批评者和放马后炮的人多得去了, 但咱们拭目以待吧)

18. money burns a hole in one's pocket
定义: 手头留不住钱, 一有钱就花掉.
例句: When I was a boy, my dad observed my spendthrift ways and often said that money burned a hole in my pocket. (在我小时候, 我父亲注意到我花钱无度的作风, 他经常说我手上留不住钱)

19. money can't buy happiness.
定义: 金钱买不到快乐.
例句: The high rate of depression among lottery winners proves that money can't buy happiness. (高比率的彩券中奖人得了忧郁症证明了金钱买不到快乐)

20. money doesn't grow on trees
定义: 赚钱不易, 别乱花钱.
例句: I can't believe you would spend your entire allowance on a silly video game. Money doesn't grow on trees, you know! (我真不敢相信你把你的零用前都拿去买了一个可笑的电子游戏. 赚钱不易, 别乱花钱, 你知道吗!)

回复

在线用户

正浏览此版面之用户: 没有注册用户 和 61 访客